Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » New Camera Advice (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Camera Advice
footmirer
Major Player
Member # 39809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footmirer   Email footmirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wu Community...

I am in need of some of your infinite wisdom.

My camera died some time ago and I am in the market to buy a new one. I have been doing some research and I believe I have narrowed it down to 3 models. I am in no way a professional. I would classify myself as a beginner. I do take lots of pictures of feet but I also take low light photos (daughters dance recitals) and hockey photos (kids hockey). So I am going to get regular and telephoto lens probably in a package.

I have narrowed it down to one of three camera; Canon T3i, Nikon D3200, and the Nikon D5100. Do you have any advice? I am also considering any other options you think might better interest me.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would stick with Canons, but alot of that is personal opinion. Even the point and shoot Canon's with the retractable lens' are actually pretty good for amateur shooting and events and they are reasonably priced.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ddash1985
Hall Of Famer
Member # 18676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ddash1985   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nikons take much much better pictures but Canon is perfectly balanced for pictures and video recording.

I had a pentax k-x and to me it took much better pictures than my t3i quality wise.The Nikon 5100 smokes the canon t3i as far as picture quality but the t3i is better at videos.

I bought my t3i refurbished from canons website and only spent $550.The camera was practically brand new.I don't regret and you can save some money and put it towards lenses.

Really depends on your budget.You can probably get a t2i for $400 or so.DSLR definitely are harder to use and take some time to get use to.

The new pentax k5 might be the best in its price range and slightly above $1000.

[ September 04, 2012, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: ddash1985 ]

--------------------
http://clips4sale.com/store/39867

To buy pics or clips contact me @
mustseefeet@yahoo.com

For all Foot Requests or questions contact @
mustseefeet@yahoo.com

Posts: 1684 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footmirer
Major Player
Member # 39809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footmirer   Email footmirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys. As for the video feature that is something that does not interest me. I already have an HD video recorder. So for me it all comes down to picture. If Nikon takes better pictures then it looks like that might be my best bet. So now it looks like I am caught between the D3200 and D5100. Now I need to research lenses as well. I am looking at the 55-200mm VR telephoto and the 35mm f1.8 lens. I think they both come with the same 18-55mm lens. I hear it's a piece of crap.
Posts: 247 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the Cannon d series?

You don't have to buy the 60d, but 40-50d are good.

Telephoto lenses are great...only problem is you can't get good wide angle shots. If you try to capture alot of scenery all at once...you find yourself walking further back trying to get everything into focus.

The good news is with 'modern' SLR cameras is you don't have to be an expert with things...I read on several professional sights that the automatic settings can do a remarkable job...so you could get the fancy camera...start shooting with the full automatic setting, and then start to digest how the various aperature settings effect things...how ISO speed might come into play, etc.

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footmirer
Major Player
Member # 39809

Thanks for all the great input. There is so much to digest. I was speaking with a friend of mine about it. What I didn't know was that he is into photography semi-professionally. He has steered me towards the Nikon as well. However he started going on about the different lens options. I thought my head was going to explode. Nikon, Tamron, Sigma, etc. He told me to do some research. That opened up a whole new can of worms. Now I have to look into 1,001 other options. Hats off to all the semi pro and pro photographers out there. This is confusing.

F-stop, aperture, ISO settings. Whoa! I understand the basics but man, I think I need to watch about 100 YouTube videos before I even scratch the surface. Lol. Who would have thought this would have been such a pain-staking task.

Camera: Nikon D5100
Telephoto:???
Walk-about:???

acebg
Elite Trooper
Member # 2056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acebg   Author's Homepage   Email acebg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very pleased with the images from my Panasonic HDC-TM90

--------------------
I love "Toes that Wiggle; Naturally"

Posts: 323 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the Canon Rebel T3i and my friend has the Nikon 5100. I like the Rebel better, but the 5100 does have some features that seem more beginner friendly. I wasn't looking for that though and also wanted some extra video quality, so I went for the T3i. Haven't had a complaint yet. And to be honest, unless you're out there needing your camera as a pro, most of these cameras of similar statistics are going to be fine for what we/you use it for.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
screwhead20
All Pro Poster
Member # 16242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for screwhead20   Author's Homepage   Email screwhead20   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneagain:

Telephoto lenses are great...only problem is you can't get good wide angle shots. If you try to capture alot of scenery all at once...you find yourself walking further back trying to get everything into focus.

One reason I switch back to a digital camera.. I felt like I couldn't really "GET IN" on the close up angles like I wanted to. Loved my DSLR but hated having to keep scooting back and refocus to get all the scenery I wanted in one shot

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
And to be honest, unless you're out there needing your camera as a pro, most of these cameras of similar statistics are going to be fine for what we/you use it for.

Patrick

^ This [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
https://prettypedicures.tumblr.com

https://instagram.com/pretty__pedis/

https://twitter.com/Prettypedis

https://www.facebook.com/BigToeLovers

Posts: 588 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ddash1985:
Nikons take much much better pictures but Canon is perfectly balanced for pictures and video recording.

I had a pentax k-x and to me it took much better pictures than my t3i quality wise.The Nikon 5100 smokes the canon t3i as far as picture quality but the t3i is better at videos.

I bought my t3i refurbished from canons website and only spent $550.The camera was practically brand new.I don't regret and you can save some money and put it towards lenses.

Really depends on your budget.You can probably get a t2i for $400 or so.DSLR definitely are harder to use and take some time to get use to.

The new pentax k5 might be the best in its price range and slightly above $1000.

That may be with the T series, because that is middle of the road Canon. When you get up into the big boys like 7D or Canon 5D Mark III...Nikon can't even touch them.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dak
Major Player
Member # 2829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out Ken Rockwell's site. Very informative, if not too much information.

I have the Nikon D5100, and I really like the camera.

One thing to keep in mind is that the camera you choose matters less than the lens. Historically, camera values plummet after a year, but lens prices remain mostly the same. That's because a camera is a gadget, and a lens is tool that enables the gadget. Both Nikon and Canon aren't camera companies, they are optics companies. Most of both company's business doesn't come from selling cameras, but selling glass that they develop for many, many different industries. That's why I would not recommend buying a more expensive camera, and an off-brand lens.

My advise: Get the camera you can afford, plus a flash unit, like the SB-700, about $330. Or the SB-400, about $120. A flash, pointed upwards and bouncing downward from the ceiling, will produce much, much, much better photos using the kit lens that comes with either camera you're looking at, than with any other lens w/o bounced flash. The built in flash on DSLRs are practically useless for 'good' photos.

I took someone's advise on the forum and invested in a flash first, instead of a zoom lens, and it's one of the smartest purchasing moves I've ever done. Unfortunately, my whole camera setup was stolen, and I didn't replace my SB-700, I instead tried the SB-400. The main reason to get the SB-700 is the ability to tilt the flash upwards during portrait (sideways or tall) photographs, which the SB-400 can't do.

For your hockey games, though, a zoom would come in handy. So I'd say maybe go for the Nikon 3200 to save enough money to get a good flash, and your zoom for hockey games. For the zoom, maybe go with the Nikon 55-200. The kit lens, though plastic, is optically pretty decent.

--------------------
- dak

Posts: 122 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by screwhead20:
quote:
Originally posted by oneagain:

One reason I switch back to a digital camera.. I felt like I couldn't really "GET IN" on the close up angles like I wanted to. Loved my DSLR but hated having to keep scooting back and refocus to get all the scenery I wanted in one shot

I can relate...my comments were from experience much like yours!

I got a good telephoto lense...but I really need a wide angle. If I was going to shoot fetish models professionally, I'd go for more wide angle. Lets in more light, wider aperature and you still can be at a comfortable distance without invading the model's space.

...plus the wide angle helps with panoramic scenery...my telephoto was just barely able to get all of the horseshoe falls of Niagra...'bout fell off the bridge backing up trying to get everything in the shot!

I concur with the majority in that you don't have to buy the most expensive...even the point & shoot have gotten so well you can take great shots with them. Only reason I recomend some level of DSLR is more power to you, manual/auto, and you can better handle low light situation, etc.

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footmirer
Major Player
Member # 39809

Thanks again for all the great advice. I am the proud new owner of a Nikon D5100 with an 18-55mm, and 55-300mm lenses. Just need to get a better portrait lens and bounce flash. Looking at the Sigma 24-70mm f2.8.

Just love this camera. Now on to the YouTube videos and forums on how to use the damn thing. HAHA!

Thanks everyone!

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering if I'm the only personal who doesn't use a flash? I see the talk of it here, but I just set up two/three studio lamps with the light bounced off umbrellas. I know that's a pain for some to set up, but I just don't like the look of a flash, even a bounced flash (sometimes). Anyone have some good advice for it as I'm always game to learn something new to make life easier.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Homie
Elite Trooper
Member # 44308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Homie   Author's Homepage   Email The Homie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cannon T4I!!! Super sick! I love it I was checking them out at it has touch screen 1080hd video, the shutter speed is super fast and u can touch the screen to have it focus anywhere u tell it too! Its couple of $100 more for than the T3i, but to me its worth it. I'm a begginer and want this camera all around purposee( dirtbikes, nation forest, feet, and regular partys and etc.) I'm picking one up this week!
Posts: 320 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links