Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Building My Own Site

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Building My Own Site
Smonster
Major Player
Member # 4769

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Smonster   Email Smonster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, so I know some of you have branched into making your own personal sites for your partners and/or other models and so was just looking for a little insight...

I've got the design sorted and already have a few models shot and booked for more. So that's cool and will be posting teasers once we go live [Big Grin] I even got custom business cards sorted which made me giddy lol!!

But this is my first venture into putting self-created content out there and just needed some suggestions for web domain providers and hosting sites for obviously the address and server space.

Any advice would be awesome from you very knowledgeable people [Smile]

--------------------
Girls, be adventurous with your nail colours - wear my favourites:
Blue, Silver, Black or French [Tongue] [Thumbs Up]

Posts: 207 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jediofthefeet
The Legend
Member # 1463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jediofthefeet   Author's Homepage   Email jediofthefeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know HostGator had a one day special [yesterday only] where you could register or transfer your domain name for a year for $1.95.

If you are just beginning, go with BHE. I don't know if they do domain registration, but they do hosting and billing.

Unless you want to fork over $750 for Visa merchant processing, plus $500 annually [up from $250], you will need a billing-subscription company who can provide you with credit card acceptance for most major cards at no up front cost to you.

BHE's usual split is 51/49. But if you are more involved with the maintenance of the site, you can increase your percentage, and decrease theirs.

Most of the sites on Wu's second page are BHE hosted.

--------------------
You must do what you feel is right, of course-Obi Wan Kenobi

Posts: 2662 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
acebg
Elite Trooper
Member # 2056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acebg   Author's Homepage   Email acebg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent you a message.

--------------------
I love "Toes that Wiggle; Naturally"

Posts: 323 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LordLucan
The King Of Feet
Member # 2130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LordLucan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BHE is a great way for a beginner to get up and running.
Contact Phil at bhe@b-h-e.com and he can explain in detail what you need to begin and what they can offer you.
There's probably no simpler way than this to get a site off the ground.

--------------------
International Celebrity Feet

Posts: 11886 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smonster
Major Player
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smonster   Email Smonster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!! Thanks guys!! I did originally think of going with BHE, but their site was a little long winded [Laugh]

But I'll definitely give them an email now and see what they have to say!

--------------------
Girls, be adventurous with your nail colours - wear my favourites:
Blue, Silver, Black or French [Tongue] [Thumbs Up]

Posts: 207 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links