Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » National Fashionistas -- Week 3. The Music Video Issue. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: National Fashionistas -- Week 3. The Music Video Issue.
foot_fashion_industry
Elite Trooper
Member # 33265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foot_fashion_industry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My AFC vs. NFC picks.

I can't believe it's been four years since Longoria and Megan Fox faced off against each other. Let's hope Longoria can pay Megan back for what happened last time. I pick Longoria.

I like Aniston a lot. I try to vote for her whenever I can. But there's no way I'm doing that when she's up against Refaeli. Sorry, Aniston, can't help you this week.

Lowndes has impeccable feet. Katy Perry's feet are very nice as well. I like Jessica's feet a little more, so my vote goes for Jessica Lowndes.

Jenny McCarthy has run into the wrong person this week. I know that whatever is in Candice's shoes is better than what we already see with McCarthy. Jenny needs a win to keep pace with Irina. I hope Candice holds on to the lead. Irina will thank Candice for the assist.

Posts: 308 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSW
Major Player
Member # 35008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSW   Email DSW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ashley Tisdale certainly got my attention when I saw her music video. In fact, I think that'll help give her the push she needs to get over the hump and perhaps make the finals because everything about that video is fantastic. So hot in that video. I love the outfits she had on, walking down the hallways in that black leather outfit........ [Bow Down]

Love the black shoes she was wearing as well, and I liked the fact that they got a quick closeup shot at the peep toes she wore while on the dance floor.

I salute Ashley.

And what can I say about Carmen's video? The beat to the song is very much her style and whoever directed that video did an excellent job in showing how great and sexy Carmen is. The directing and editing was top notch, and I enjoyed the song.

Not to be outdone, Jessica Lowndes knows how to grab a guy's attention. You saw what she did to that guy? She can do that to me any day. I just hope she doesn't slip up with that razor and slice my balls off. I'll bet any amount of money that she's the type that'll do that to someone who wronged her.

I didn't enjoy Kim's video too much, though. Why would Kim be in the studio to shoot a video for that song and then not release it to the public? The first minute of that video was leaked to the public and that's all anyone has got from her.

Nina's music video was a little silly, but it was okay. She did that just for the fun of it.

But like I said earlier, thank you, National, for giving this week a theme. Good times.

Posts: 221 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MORE MUSIC VIDEOS

Just note once more that these videos are NOT foot related. I show them because they have to do with the women in this contest. It's a great way of bringing these characters to life.

--

JENNY McCARTHY
This music video features Jenny McCarthy as Bill's love interest. The song closely reflects lyrics that center around the singer, trying to accept that the he can't be with the girl he dated (McCarthy) who ended their relationship. There are emotionally charged scenes of Zucker trying to get over the broken relationship but realizing that every woman he is with reminds him of the vulnerable and sexually-charged woman portrayed by Jenny McCarthy that he has lost. It was the first time that Jenny McCarthy has appeared in a music video.

This is not some fast-moving pop song that you saw with Carmen Electra and Ashley Tisdale. Instead, it's an emotionally charged song.

By the way, McCarthy does NOT sing in this song. All she does is appear throughout the video, playing the role of the singer's ex-girlfriend.

SOUNDS
Artist: Bill Zucker
Song: Half the Man

https://www.youtube.com/tv?vq=medium#/watch?v=HzslF8cm_MM&mode=transport

--

VICTORIA JUSTICE
Victoria Justice's show on Nickelodeon, her movies, and music are targeted towards little kids and young teenagers. So just keep that in mind when you watch this next video. Although the idea of her having a crush on her best friend's sibling might be a little sketchy for younger kids, the song and music video is innocent enough and has no bad language or iffy content. The video just features a playful, blushing Justice daydreaming about her friend's brother.

SOUNDS
Artist: Victoria Justice
Song: Best Friend's Brother

https://www.youtube.com/tv?vq=medium#/watch?v=2axAOgsUlyk&mode=transport

--

CARMEN ELECTRA
This next video is a complete opposite of Victoria Justice's target demographic of little kids and teens. We get away from the PG-rated sugar sweets that was Victoria Justice's video and we move into more of an NC-17 product, just the right recipe for some sexually charged attitude.

This video was shot in 1992, at a time when people were first being introduced to Carmen Electra, years before her career really took off. At the time, she was promoted with ads in Rolling Stone and on MTV. However large the hype, the success wasn't there for her. That video received very little airplay on MTV.

Looking back on this now, we see that was the beginning of an Icon in the making.

SOUNDS
Artist: Carmen Electra
Song: Go Go Dancer

https://www.youtube.com/tv?vq=medium#/watch?v=SwEz4Xjg10E&mode=transport

-- National

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footcenter
Board Regular
Member # 34062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footcenter   Email footcenter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 18th Floor:
I guess music videos will be the dominant topic for the week, unless Kate Upton can somehow disrupt that because other than those great music videos, Kate's video is really something to see. Kate doing promotional work for those people is news to me. Hopefully, we'll see more work from Kate styling her feet for his brand. I really love her gallery, very organized and neat, with her face as the choice of the last picture.

quote:
Originally posted by 18th Floor:

And let's not forget about Upton. When I come home from work, it would be great to see her like that as well, with all these different shoes all over the floor and her right in the middle of them. You'll never have a bad day at work if you have that to look forward to once you get home.

You hit the nail right on the head with those quotes. Fascinating, fascinating stuff coming out of Kate Upton this week. Look at all the pairs of shoes that are lying on the floor and she tires on the sexiest ones there. What a babe!

I'm looking at her pictures right now. An amazing body, yet we're scrutinizing her feet, which is just as fascinating. The last thumbnail makes you want to run your hand across her cheek, touching her nice skin. These pictures are worth looking at again and again.

And that video of hers puts everything into motion and it gets you more fired up. Loved the song. Glad National put up the information about the name of the song. I might listen to the entire track on youtube later.

Before I go, you can't look at the awesomeness of Victoria's shoes and the greatness of the feet inside them and then NOT vote for her! ARE YOU CRAZY?

Posts: 49 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jensen
Major Player
Member # 33746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jensen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abigail Clancy is doing a great job hanging in there with Rosie. I voted for Rosie to win that match, but it's still closer than I thought it would be. That Audrina match is also highly contested. She can't seem to get rid of Jennifer Hawkins. Even if Hawkins winds up losing, her loss will tell you that she has attracted some fans that'll come to rescue this season. I think Hawkins will demonstrate that she won't be an easy opponent to beat.

And Kate Upton's presentation this week is worth remembering. Her set really stood out to me this week and it was a pleasure going over that video multiple times because it shows just how special women's feet can be. Coming from Kate Upton, that's pretty awesome.

Posts: 133 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footfetish&martini
Major Player
Member # 34060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footfetish&martini   Email footfetish&martini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm loving these results already. It has been a long time since I've seen Carmen get on the right track and try to win her way to winning this whole thing. I wasn't motivated enough to post many comments last year because it was a struggle seeing Carmen struggle. It looks like she's going to wrap this thing up with Kim and move on to her next opponent without a loss on her record. Things are looking good and I'm feeling good about this.

I want to go out of my way to thank National for highlighting Carmen Electra the way he did. You, sir, did an excellent job in capturing Carmen for the sex goddess she truly is. Whether they were through her pictures this week or with her two music videos, Carmen has been well taken care of by you. The fans appreciate it because it shows in the voting polls.

I really loved the pictures. She knows how to make a one piece bathing suit look very sexy. The shoes she wore in her second set of pictures were very hot. Looking at her latest music video was amazing to see and seeing that very old video of her way back, way way back in the 1990's was pretty special to see for anyone who likes her. Music has certainly changed since then.

Thanks a lot.

Carmen Electra Lives On!

Posts: 110 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE STANDINGS
UPDATED

(The first number next to each name is for the number of wins. The second number stands for her losses. The third is for the number of ties. The last number is her winning percentage.)

American Female Class

Division I

Jessica Alba 3-0-0-1.000
Olivia Wilde 1-2-0-.333
Nina Dobrev 1-2-0-.333
Selena Gomez 1-2-0-.333

Division II

Bar Refaeli 3-0-0-1.000
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley 3-0-0-1.000
Maria Menounos 1-2-0-.333
Marisa Miller 0-3-0-.000

Division III

Carmen Electra 3-0-0-1.000
Jessica Lowndes 3-0-0-1.000
Kim Kardashian 0-3-0-.000
Stacy Keibler 0-3-0-.000

Division IV

Irina Shayk 2-1-0-.666
Eva Longoria 1-2-0-.333
Jenny McCarthy 1-2-0-.333
Abigail Clancy 0-3-0-.000

--

National Female Class

Division I

Kate Upton 3-0-0-1.000
Ashley Tisdale 2-1-0-.666
Jennifer Aniston 1-2-0-.333
Mila Kunis 0-3-0-.000

Division II

Audrina Patridge 3-0-0-1.000
Kristen Stewart 2-1-0-.666
Victoria Justice 1-2-0-.333
Katy Perry 1-2-0-.333

Division III

Candice Swanepoel 3-0-0-1.000
Megan Fox 2-1-0-.666
Brooklyn Decker 1-2-0-.333
Petra Němcová 1-2-0-.333

Division IV

Heidi Klum 2-1-0-.666
Maggie Grace 2-1-0-.666
Jennifer Hawkins 1-2-0-.333
AnnaLynne McCord 0-3-0-.000

----

This has been a pretty good week here. Normally I would have a lot to say. This week, I don't see that there's a whole lot to talk about, especially because I know what the matches are going to be next week. Next week, the matches will tell us a lot more about these women than the matches they had this week. This week, the matches were just a test drive just to get a quick analysis of their immediate surrounds, where they stand in the pecking order, to get a good feel to see if they can last the enduring season for as long as they are asked to perform. Next week, the matches will put us in a more lively debate and the discussions will put more meat on the bones that come with a bit more credibility as to how relevant they can be by the time the playoffs get here. So this week, I'll try my best not to be too judgemental based on what happened this week.

--

BROOKLYN DECKED!

For someone who was highly thought of as someone who can do real well in this contest, losing two in a row in the first three weeks of the season might have the voters lose some faith in her. Losing two in a row in matches that were real close is one thing because the argument can be made that that match could've gone either way or that the person will get revenge if they face each other again considering that their first encounter was so close to begin with. Had Brooklyn lost those two matches in where she was a few votes off, they're still tough losses, but at the same time I might cut her some slack because after the first three weeks of the season, there's still a long way to go. However, these two losses were not highly contested matches where she did everything she could in a losing effort. In these cases, Brooklyn was made to be the forgotten borough. Yes, there were others like Marisa Miller and Mila Kunis who lost the last two weeks, and for those two women that's something worth discussing on its own because right now those two women don't know which way is up. But for Brooklyn, another big name in the industry, mind you, this is something her fans would not have thought of even in their wildest imaginations. The only reason she's not in the abyss right now is because she does have a win in her record. But that was in Week 1, which now seems like a long time ago. But if I were to remove her win in Week 1, Brooklyn is not living up to hype.

Again, is not so much that she lost, considering that she faced Candice Swanepoel and Kate Upton in back-to-back weeks. I mean, anyone who can beat those two in two weeks in a row deserves a Medal of Honor. But for someone who is a household name in the modeling industry as Brooklyn Decker is, you can't lose AND be embarrassed at the same time! In fact, in the last two weeks, Brooklyn has received a total combined number of 79 votes, fewer than anyone else during the same period of time. To put this in better perspective, that's an average of 39.5 votes per week. Kate Upton can get 35 votes in two SECONDS! Come to think of it, she can get 79 votes in a week in her SLEEP! In the first three years of this contest, Carmen Electra could get you 35 votes in a moment's notice.

Losing to both Candice and Kate is one thing. But a brand name like Brooklyn Decker, who is expected to get paid big dollars in this contest, I wouldn't hold it against her if she lost to them in close matches. But being shown the door on the way out is a different subject matter.

She has an important challenge to face next week. If Brooklyn wins that match, that'll put her at 2-2, and perhaps my rant this week could be downplayed a bit, and perhaps that could be the first step in righting the ship.

--

MAGGIE SHOWED GRACE

As someone pointed out earlier in the week, the matches have been crazy in terms on the voting pattern. Victoria Justice made her match very interesting to watch towards the end because if it weren't for the fact that she staged a huge rally to catch up with Maggie Grace before ultimately passing her, then she would've been flat on her heels the way Brooklyn was. Just when that match was losing appeal, Victoria made sure that Maggie's early celebration was put on hold. When Maggie was put in dire straits, when it seemed like Victoria was going to win after climbing out of the huge hole she had dug herself in, Maggie kept her composure the way Kate Beckinsale would've and she didn't panic for too long.

This was a very good win for her and it keeps her in the conversation as a newcomer who is set to rise and make a name for herself. I enjoyed watching how that match unfolded and finished the way it did, that I could label it as a hidden classic. For hardcore Victoria fans, that's a match you would like to forget and move on as if that never happened. But if you are growing accustomed to Maggie Grace or if you just a fan of this contest in general, then that match was something you would've enjoyed greatly. That match was won by someone who is not expected to do a lot of things ... against a 20 year-old who is an international superstar who is expected to cash in her chips sometime within the foreseeable future.

--

Another great match we saw was Refaeli against Aniston. Raise your hand if you thought Aniston would get off to such a great start in the match, leaving Bar in the dust. I didn't raise mine. Aniston took her out to town and it seemed like Refaeli took Aniston way too lightly. She will never admit publicly that she did take her lightly, but if you inject truth serum into her, the truth will come out. But that's just my opinion.

Jennifer Aniston had to learn the hard way what is like to provoke an expensive investment that I expect Bar to be. For a while, I thought Aniston was going to beat Refaeli and live long enough to laugh about it.

Aniston had this great lead for a long time, too. Then, what seemed like to be within a blink of an eye, that lead ... miraculously disappeared. Not only did it disappeared, Bar hung Aniston out to dry. Refaeli is younger, faster, in better shape. Bar is out on a mission.

Aniston did not live long enough to laugh about it. Instead, not only is the joke on her, but the joke is on everyone else as well. Marisa Miller should know.

--

CORRECTION

quote:
Originally posted by National:
In the NFC, when Audrina faced AnnaLynne McCord back in Week 1, that marked the first time in the history of this entire contest that two non-divisional opponents faced each other four years in a row.

I was wrong about that stat. That was the third time in four years that those two faced each other. They didn't see each other last season. In fact the NFC record for non-division rivals to face each other in the most consecutive years is three between Eva Mendes and Kate Beckinsale. Audrina vs. AnnaLynne is the second non-divisional series that has reached its third encounter in NFC history, even though it didn't happen in consecutive years. Jessica Alba vs. Eva Longoria remains as the only series between non-divisional opponents with the most meetings.

NOTE -- This stat only applies to the regular season. If you want to include the playoffs, then Kate Beckinsale against Eva Mendes is the NFC record with four meetings between non-divisional rivals.

--

THE MUSIC VIDEO ISSUE

The Music Video Issue is a great fit for the National Fashionistas. This is a foot contest, first and foremost, but I also love to make this a multi-purposeful event as well. With the discussions focused primarily on their videos, it created a perfect appetizer or side dish to what was going on in the matches. It was dessert, just like how we discussed the Swimsuit Issue when we kicked off this new season.

It was very nice to see music videos from the different women of this contest because each of the other girls gives us a different style and what makes them different from the other women. It could be the case that this special theme can be responsible for saving Nina Dobrev's season. It's too early to say that as a certainty, but it was nice to see her get a win. Her video showed that when she wants to have fun, she can have fun just like anyone else. Her video was lighthearted and was something she did to kill time. People saw that and has decided to welcome her in this contest.

Carmen Electra is off to a great start, and it seems like she has rejuvenated herself to make herself an early favorite in the AFC, just like the good 'ol days once upon a time.

Her videos has rubbed off on the voters. Her videos show us that she can stand the test of time. From that video in her early days of '92 to her latest hit single, you can see the difference in quality and the production of those videos and know that Carmen has adapted and re-adjusted to the ever-changing culture that has shaped the media and shaped the landscape on how people communicate and consume products. I'm not saying she is responsible for inventing all these different outlets of social media or all these different smartphones. I'm saying that with those changes in media, pop culture and entertainment, Carmen Electra has changed accordingly with the times, and yet has managed to do it in a way that she has kept to her true self and has not toned down on her sex appeal.

Her mass appeal has stayed in sync with the times.

-- National

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links