Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Pedicures: It's About Them, Not Us (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pedicures: It's About Them, Not Us
Below the Ankles
Major Player
Member # 33795

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Below the Ankles   Email Below the Ankles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to address a topic that comes up fairly often here: guys lamenting the fact that women put so much effort into their pedicures only to 1) hide their feet in closed-toed shoes, or 2) be surprised and sometimes creeped out when a random foot guy compliments their feet. "Why get pedicures if not to show them off to us?"

Truth is, women do those things for themselves. It's feminine, pretty, it's a habit they've probably had since they were five years old doing it with their mommies, and now it's a social thing they do with their girlfriends.

It has nothing to do with showing off their feet per se, and I doubt foot fetishists are anywhere on their mind while they do it--we're not why they paint their toes and buy strapy sandles.

Now granted, the context behind their pedicures and choice of footwear can change once they become foot aware--once they're with a foot man and are introduced to the scene.

So my point is, a woman, hot or not, is painting her toes for herself and out if habit and routine more than anything else. And in fact a really beautiful women doesn't even think her feet will get her any more attention than her tits and ass, so that pedi can stay safely inside her boots or flats.

Hopefully there's somebody there to enjoy them later.

I'm curious to read the community's take on this. Do you agree? Or do you think the point of a pedicure IS to show off her toes and draw attention to her feet? Ladies, what's your opinion? Write on.

[ April 04, 2013, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Below_the_Ankles ]

--------------------
Foot Sniffers Local 151

Posts: 200 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5thgear
All Pro Poster
Member # 46148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5thgear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think most women get pedicures and wear revealing shoes to try to attract the foot men. A lot of women love to wear revealing shoes and a pedicure compliments themselves and their feet. If a woman wears sandals, and her toes are freshly pedicured it'll give her more confidence in wearing the sandals, rather than if her toes weren't looking clean.
Posts: 735 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootBoi88
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their just a freakin' tease I tell ya and we Men fall for it all the time! [Smile] lol
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootBoi88
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their just a freakin' tease I tell ya and we Men fall for it all the time! [Smile] lol
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tyvianc
Elite Trooper
Member # 40624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tyvianc   Author's Homepage   Email tyvianc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just a routine habit I agree and they don't do it for us at all. Women do it for themselves to look good with whatever they are wearing at the time. If they did it for us, believe me, they would be more confident knowing that someone not only cares about them but their body and feet as well.
Posts: 469 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think most if us know, as much as we hate to admit it, that you're correct. Most women/girls: do it for themselves, do it because of peer pressure (the fact that its a "girlie" thing to do), or as someone said - for practical reasons (wanting to have nice looking feet when they wear summer footwear.
There are some though that do it to show off and/or tease us, especially once they find out that some guys love feet.

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hyperion
The Legend
Member # 39397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hyperion   Email hyperion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty much what the OP said. I would add that it's not just about looks though. There is a whole regimen that includes skin softening, nail and cuticle care etc. that has more to do with how her feet feel than look when she's done.

My wife says her feet actually feel "dirty" by week 3 when the polish is chippy and her nails are long. She comes back with new toes and says, "Ah!" I say the same thing for different reasons.

She does have me and my little happiness in mind as part of the pedi experience, but if one of you guys randomly complimented her toes, she'd for sure keep you at a healthy distance. I doubt even GoodGuyNeighbor could penetrate her force field.

--------------------
-hyp

Posts: 3723 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catsman
Hall Of Famer
Member # 10269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catsman   Email catsman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend, pictured in my avatar, always asks what color I want her toes before she gets a pedicure. I like the decision making process, and love the benefits of my choices.

--------------------
My girls feet in my face….ahhhhhhhh !

Posts: 2367 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khorryn
Board Regular
Member # 46150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for khorryn   Email khorryn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As one of the most ungirly girls in the world, I've actually never had a pedicure, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask... though when I met my boyfriend a year ago he asked if he could paint my toenails sometime. I kind of hesitated more out of my personal shyness / shame for my feet and the fact that I just don't wear makeup or anything like that. But when he got home from a long trip last summer, I surprised him by buying a couple bottles of nail polish. (This is was a big deal to me, I'd never been down a makeup aisle before, let alone buy something [Tongue] )

I think it's going to depend a lot on the girl-- for those that get pedicures on a regular basis, it is probably more for them as a relaxation / "thing to do with the girls" and they just aren't aware of how it might attract guys (or girls, in my case). Perhaps if there was a little less of a stigma on people who are attracted to feet, then it would be more acceptable / there would be more awareness to show them off? But until a woman is aware of that, I don't think they even consider it. (I know I never have til recently.)

Posts: 21 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goodguyneighbor
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goodguyneighbor   Author's Homepage   Email goodguyneighbor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of getting pedicures is also to clean up the area in order to avoid scrutiny.

In the minds of many of the women I've talked to, there are two kinds of feet; awful and acceptable.

People might stare at them even more if they're gross.

quote:
It has nothing to do with showing off their feet per se

--------------------
 -
website
clips

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot Fetish Artist
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot Fetish Artist   Author's Homepage   Email Foot Fetish Artist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the OP said...

--------------------
FootFetishArtist.com

Posts: 1779 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol I've heard this same argument about why flat chested women get breast implants. Say what you want, but we all know the real reason they get breast implants. They want to be noticed.

It's also the same reason why some women have eating disorders, won't leave the house without makeup, or get completely dressed up to go the mailbox.

Women who do these things will make up every excuse to not look like an attention whore. But when it comes down it, nobody's looking at a girl who's a chubby, flat-chested nerd with acne and wearing sweats.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longhitter04
All Pro Poster
Member # 2391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longhitter04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Respectfully, I disagree.

Women do these things not so much for themselves, but for other women. Women are very competitive in that manner. A woman will notice another woman's pedicure, manicure, shoes, dress, purse, etc.

How many times have you heard a woman compliment another woman on what she's wearing, or the color of her nail polish? Happens all the time.

Posts: 638 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You disagree with who? Me or Below_The_Ankles?

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It all depends on the woman, some do it for attention and some do it for themselves only. Lots of blanket statements recently regarding things, my recommendation is get out there and talk to more women.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18306 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links