Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Interesting Article from Psychology Today about Foot Fetishism

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Interesting Article from Psychology Today about Foot Fetishism
lexisfeetrule
Major Player
Member # 30390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lexisfeetrule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199307/knocking-their-socks

I don't really agree with the psychologist that said it is a pathology. Perhaps if it gets out of hand. But, it kills me that today homosexuality is considered normal or genetic but liking feet is abnormal and unhealthy.

I suspect that foot fetishism has been around for a while. And I'm not just talking about the Chinese binding women's feet. To me, that is pathological. Though, I guess you could compare it too breast implants today. But, none the less, I believe that foot fetishism is probably more normal than what people think and it was probably accepted as such at certain points in history.

What are your opinions? I am curious to see how others respond to this article and if anyone suffers from their fetish, like getting into trouble over it or obsessing too much with it, maybe losing relationships because of it. Just wondering.

Posts: 144 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetiesandtoes
Hall Of Famer
Member # 32674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetiesandtoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I won't even read it but thanks for posting. I feel like, at 45 years old, I know everything there is to know about foot fetishes. You either have one or you don't. Pretty female feet either excite you or they don't. Real simple.

--------------------
Always hopeful for a pretty pair of feet in my face

Posts: 1955 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSensationalSoul
Major Player
Member # 35114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSensationalSoul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This article was written by someone who doesn't have a foot fetish and they on the outside looking in. But at the same time and supporting what ucflyeah said, its simple either feet will turn you on or not. Everyone isn't wired the same way. A fetish is sometimes outside of the norm depending on the person so it will take some kind of acceptance...not everyone will be accepting or adore the idea of foot fetish especially if a man continues to push it on a woman if she already expressed that she don't want nobody touching her feet or find feet gross, it will only make foot fetish creeper to them.

Don't let this article or someone's opinion about it frustrate you.

--------------------
[IMG]http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx240/MrStewDeezDaSoul/Untitled-5_zpsethtidxy.j pg[/IMG]

Posts: 119 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5thgear
All Pro Poster
Member # 46148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5thgear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The whole part in the first question he raises when he had to throw in that both sexes have feet. Well, both sexes have asses, legs, eyes, lips, hair, etc... There's men that get turned on by all of these on women. Even I appreciate all of the above on women.
It was funny when he threw panties in there. If he was to compare panties to briefs he could figure out that this is a femininity thing.
If he could answer why men's feet disgust me, but women's are a turn on, then he may be getting somewhere...

Posts: 735 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dolo.
Major Player
Member # 37306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dolo.   Email dolo.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The above posters make excellent points. In my case, I feel very fortunate to be a foot man. I am glad that can take pleasure in noticing a woman's attractive feet in public. It keeps life exciting.

At home my girlfriend allows me to indulge in her feet. This is just another way of helping me get off. It makes for a stimulating sexual encounters.

As well, I have been regularly attending foot parties for the past year. My girlfriend accepts it like how other men go to strip clubs. However she does prefer to drop me off and pick me up.This is great because it allows me to drink. As with anything there are drawbacks. Early in the year I got a DUI when I was coming back from a foot party. This was when it was behind my girlfriends back. Now I absolutely never drink and drive. The point here is that the party wasn't the problem, my drinking was. Foot parties are a wonderful way to fulfill your fantasies. I will go even further and say that they are good for my relationship with my girlfriend. I have it so good there is no reason or desire for me to cheat. There are darker areas to my foot antics as well.

I sometimes take candid video of women's feet in public. I do it on my cell phone and try to get by unnoticed. Although its not something I would exactly claim to be proud of it is thrilling never the less. However this is more of a voyeuristic aspect of my individuality and not a foot guy thing. I am more inclined to taking candid video of a woman with thick muscular legs but that is a whole other story.Feet and legs are neighbors anyway. I also have a thing with foot smell which tends towards the deviant side.

If I am left with access to a pair of shoes that belong to a sexy woman I am likely to pick them up and smell them. In reality sometimes I wait for the opportunity to steal a smell and get away with it. This is an example of me being inappropriate and putting my hedonism before decency. At the same time no one is supposed to find out about what I am doing and therefore I hope problems can be avoided. In reality I don't feel guilty because of this.

I know I went long, but if you want honesty there you have it. I wish the guy who wrote the article could read my post. I am sure it would send him running back to the drawing board.

[ November 28, 2013, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: reamow ]

--------------------
Recipe for tartar sauce: Thick Strong Calves and Wrinkled Shapely Soles.

Posts: 177 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you posted this... I disagree with pretty much all of it and wonder where this "ass" got their degree... I can fully function sexually without feet... They are just the sweet icing on the cake and anyway they are involved is an added exciting factor. As far as psychotherapy, I don't want to be cured of it and the the last part about hand fetishes is just weird as well... There are more foot fetishes out there because there are so many different more ways to express feet than hands... Yes we have rings and gloves but there are so many more appealing styles and sexiness in footwear and toe rings now... There are tights and pantyhose and anklets. I'm happy being a foot guy, thank you very much.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting article. I mentioned this is another post previously. This article is what, 20 years old? I'd say it is very outdated as there is a lot of new information in the psychology world about this. Especially with all the research put into the somatosensory cortex. What I stated in another post was that basically the part of your brain that gets messages from your genital area is right next to the area that gets messages from feet. That's the current belief anyway. Here's a 2 minute clip explaining it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkccHQ1egc4

I think the Dr. that wrote the article is coming at it from some kind of extreme point of view stating that feet must be involved to be sexual. As I'm sure that's true in some cases, this most likely doesn't apply to the majority of us. For the sake of an example, just like homosexuality, I don't believe a foot fetish can be "cured." And why would you want to anyway?
Anything can be "pathological" or whatever word he used if it takes over your life. Gambling, drinking, eating, etc.

Sorry for the long post, but as a person in the psychology field, stuff like this always interests me.

Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like how it's written by "PT Staff". Nobody wanted to take individual credit (or accountability) for writing this nonsense.

Like most articles of this type, it overstates the sexual nature of the "fetish" and ignores the aesthetics of it. I LOOK at female feet because they're beautiful. Whatever else comes after is secondary.

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lexisfeetrule
Major Player
Member # 30390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lexisfeetrule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are all very interesting posts. You all sound normal and view your fetish in a healthy, positive way. And Combine-Hunter, I have been thinking the same thing for years, that is, women's feet just look sexy, just like breasts look sexy and asses look sexy. I suspect that, if anything, foot fetishism is the healthiest fetish out there. Thanks for all of the feed back.
Posts: 144 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lexisfeetrule:
But, it kills me that today homosexuality is considered normal or genetic

There's no real reason why it shouldn't be.

And I would love for liking feet to be something accepted by the mainstream, but we still have a ways to go. Especially when there's still news reports of actual creeps not controlling their urges.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rider Aldebaran:
quote:

And I would love for liking feet to be something accepted by the mainstream, but we still have a ways to go. Especially when there's still news reports of actual creeps not controlling their urges.

So all fetishists should be vilified thanks to a few bad apples, but homosexuality should be given blanket acceptance? Gotcha.

And congrats for not letting context stand in the way of you making your point/stand.

[ November 29, 2013, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: combine_hunter ]

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Rider Aldebaran:
quote:

So all fetishists should be vilified thanks to a few bad apples, but homosexuality should be given blanket acceptance? Gotcha.

And congrats for not letting context stand in the way of you making your point/stand.

I don't think he meant anything bad by it, but its kinda true. Just like everything else, a small minority ruin it for the majority. We still do have a ways to go before its accepted. I've come across a good amount of girls who still think its weird.
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

imation, I know exactly what he meant by it, it's true, and he's right.

What I objected to was his taking the OP's statement out of context to make a point that is irrelevant to the topic at hand (i.e. the article the OP linked).

Smokey
Major Player
Member # 3270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smokey   Email Smokey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That article really didn't seem to answer any question, just another shot in the dark saying how wierd we all are for liking feet.

The majority of girls I have been with have not had a probem with it. In fact, they realize that they like having thier feet played with and sucked.

"Oh, I'm not a foot pers...............oh damn babe, that feels really good!"

--------------------
I'm a sucker for nice toes

Posts: 124 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fwrinkledsoles
Hall Of Famer
Member # 101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fwrinkledsoles   Email Fwrinkledsoles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides like women feet, I like thick thighs, muscle calves on women , and a nice round shapely booty, eyes, hand, backs. On yeah, and that things between her legs. Hell, we have to start somewhere.

--------------------
http://s385.photobucket.com/user/fwrinkledsoles/media/Donna00.jpg.html

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links