Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Contribution section...... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Contribution section......
surferr3
Elite Trooper
Member # 4861

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surferr3   Email surferr3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, hats off to the mods for making bulk uploading a breeze. So easy to contribute and drag and drop files for fast upload. If you guys haven't checked the contributions section lately you need to head over there. Lots of member uploads as well as web site previews.

I'd love to see a section added where we can input a description of what the photo's are of and a little bit of the back story behind them.

Posts: 332 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to have 2 separate Contribution sections. 1 for Amateur guys who want to share their GF's pics and then another for Webmasters promoting their material so they don't get mixed up. It's Basic Marketing 101, not sure what happened there. It is however a breeze, yes...way better than before!

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by surferr3:
I'd love to see a section added where we can input a description of what the photo's are of and a little bit of the back story behind them.

You could write up a post in this section and then link to your contributions.
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phil did make things easy, but there are some things that do make it a little more haphazard - things I also brought up that we're trying to weed out.

My complaint was set titles like, "11111," and "Click for a great set," and similar. I suggested changing set title to simply "Model's Name."

I kinda do miss the thumbnails, to be honest. Thumbnails usually sold me on clicking on the sets to begin with - but I'm a visual person in general, so that might just be me.

Part of me agrees with NorCal on the personal submissions/site submissions, but I'm not sure I like having two separate sections for it either. But I do agree, it is a little mixed up. Plus, with the submission style used now, people will just put them wherever anyhow.

As for surferr3's description suggestion, in my view, why not just post in the forums then? You can put the pictures, description, and get feedback (and answer it) right here. I think that might be a little redundant.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solefull00
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 groups are not necessary. The fact that one can list the source of their material makes it clear where it comes from
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by solefull00:
2 groups are not necessary. The fact that one can list the source of their material makes it clear where it comes from

Ok let me be more clear on what I meant. I would like to see "Paysites" have their own Contribution Area and keep the others in their own area OR in the "foot model content" section on the forums. From a marketing and sales position we don't need "free/amateur material" mixed with paysites and knocking them down to the bottom. Equal visual opportunities for each group of contributors would be nice.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing we have to keep in mind is that Wu's Feet Links was never a site that focused exclusively on either amateur submissions or pay sites. It began in an interesting era when not many foot sites were around. Things did change over time. I can remember when a lot of the contributions were nothing more than amateur submissions, or submissions from someone running a Yahoo group. As more and more of us began making sites, there was a shift. Of course, many sites have come and went. Now it seems like Clip Stores are everywhere as well.

It's a hard debate to really side with one way or the other as we have no way of knowing what Wu envisioned his site as. I've always felt it was a mix of both, but I do think until he passed away, most amateur folks slowed down posting content here, electing to do their thing on social media instead. It has been nice seeing some of that make its way back since that's how many of us got our starts - just a long time ago.

I've always enjoyed the community aspect here and I guess it's ultimately up to Phil and BHE how to run the site now, but I wouldn't want to see it just become a billboard for all of us pay sites either. There is a ton of those around with no heart or voice - just links and pictures.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
One thing we have to keep in mind is that Wu's Feet Links was never a site that focused exclusively on either amateur submissions or pay sites. It began in an interesting era when not many foot sites were around. Things did change over time. I can remember when a lot of the contributions were nothing more than amateur submissions, or submissions from someone running a Yahoo group. As more and more of us began making sites, there was a shift. Of course, many sites have come and went. Now it seems like Clip Stores are everywhere as well.

It's a hard debate to really side with one way or the other as we have no way of knowing what Wu envisioned his site as. I've always felt it was a mix of both, but I do think until he passed away, most amateur folks slowed down posting content here, electing to do their thing on social media instead. It has been nice seeing some of that make its way back since that's how many of us got our starts - just a long time ago.

I've always enjoyed the community aspect here and I guess it's ultimately up to Phil and BHE how to run the site now, but I wouldn't want to see it just become a billboard for all of us pay sites either. There is a ton of those around with no heart or voice - just links and pictures.

Patrick

The more reason to have a section dedicated to both! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
 -

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

It would just have to be done right. I'm not 100 percent sold on a section for each actually being better. It was like the idea of having the Soles of Silk sub-section of this forum. Sounded amazing on paper, but way more views, conversation, and such come from the main photos area where my posts are not always the top posts, compete with everyone else's, etc. So that logic might apply to splitting things up too. Wouldn't know until it happens, but it would at least have me thinking it's a strong possibility.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

The Sub-Forum can work to your advantage like mine does for me...I've made it easier for members to check each week or so what is upcoming, leading to more signups. It's all in how you market it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

I understand that, but you can probably also see that there is way more interaction outside of that section. It's been the case for everyone's sub-section since they were first installed. I can see people are viewing those posts and coming to Soles of Silk from them, but I just feel like if I had to ditch posting in one or the other, I'd lose that sub-section in a heartbeat.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, I feel that now we have a quantity-over-quality situation with the Contributions section.

[ August 03, 2014, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Rider Aldebaran ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I understand that, but you can probably also see that there is way more interaction outside of that section. It's been the case for everyone's sub-section since they were first installed. I can see people are viewing those posts and coming to Soles of Silk from them, but I just feel like if I had to ditch posting in one or the other, I'd lose that sub-section in a heartbeat.

Patrick

I see way more visits from that section than the regular forums. The complete opposite...is yours linked to your site and vice versa?

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
Originally posted by Rider Aldebaran:
Honestly, I feel that now we have a quantity-over-quality situation with the Contributions section.

This.. [Confused]

--------------------
 -

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
I see way more visits from that section than the regular forums. The complete opposite...is yours linked to your site and vice versa?

Yup. Was since the day Wu gave me the sub-section. At first things there was more interaction, but it was never more than what is the main photos forum section. Just too many heads visiting and heading there.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links