Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » BHE Sites: Picture Sizes Annoyance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BHE Sites: Picture Sizes Annoyance
Troy Carsan
Major Player
Member # 38393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troy Carsan   Author's Homepage   Email Troy Carsan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,

I have noticed on a couple of BHE-hosted foot fetish websites that the resolution sizes of the photos are all inconsistent, in that the width of the pictures is the same (e.g. 1024 x X) for both horizontal pictures (e.g. 1024 x 683) and vertical pictures (e.g. 1024 x 1536). This, of course, results in the horizontal pictures being of lesser quality than the vertical ones.

Has anyone else noticed this? And does anyone know why this is, i.e. is this a restriction by BHE?

Thank you in advance—

--------------------
dA | Flickr

Posts: 105 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GORMEE
Elite Trooper
Member # 45672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GORMEE   Email GORMEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed that also. Although those site are pretty straight to the point. No pop ups and confusion. Really not a viewing problem for me. How does it work anyway profit wise? Is it a cash cow or what?

--------------------
"just put those toes in my mouth"

Posts: 489 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea. I'm a BHE site too, but upload everything by hand instead of using their templates. I'm not really sure I follow what the problem is either. I think each site owner uploads their own files, from there I don't know what happens from that point.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've noticed it and I find it incredibly annoying. This is a problem that should have been fixed in 2010 or 2011 at the latest and yet it still persists in 2014.
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's something that Phil required 10 years ago but with newer and better servers we were allowed to steadily increase photo size. Whoever is still uploading 1024 X 768 is doing it on their own accord, they certainly have the option to not even resize straight from the camera if they didn't want to.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troy Carsan
Major Player
Member # 38393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troy Carsan   Author's Homepage   Email Troy Carsan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it is not really a restriction anymore; web hosts can post their content in higher resolutions. I just wish that they would do it. This has always been a reason for me not to join BHE websites. It is just personal preference, really: If I am paying, I would like what I am paying for to be of consistent quality, and hopefully in high resolution.

I guess I should start bugging the web hosts about this, then … Thank you all for your input! And I am just glad to see that I am not the only one who finds this annoying.

--------------------
dA | Flickr

Posts: 105 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troy Carsan:
I guess I should start bugging the web hosts about this, then …

I wouldn't recommend this course of action.
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troy Carsan
Major Player
Member # 38393

quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Troy Carsan:
I guess I should start bugging the web hosts about this, then …

I wouldn't recommend this course of action.
Why not? In my opinion it would be beneficial for the patrons, and therefore good for business. (Not that I would do what you say anyway, no offense.)

--------------------
dA | Flickr

Feetosopher
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45909

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Feetosopher   Author's Homepage   Email Feetosopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I run two BHE-hosted websites, BAREFOOT NUDITY and BAREFOOT URBAN GIRLS.
My standard format for pics is 1,800 pixels on the wider side (be it the vertical or horizontal one).
Both sites of mine use BHE's "standard" layout.
With BHE's latest server updgrade, I have experienced the transition from a phase when the issue mentioned by Troy was present (BHE automatically "resized" horizontal pics, which appeared on the site with a smaller resolution than the one I had uploaded them with), to it being definitively fixed.
The link below leads to a "horizontal" full-size sample pic on my BAREFOOT NUDITY website (CAUTION! EXPLICIT FEMALE NUDITY!): as you can see, it's 1,800 pixels wide.. [Cool]
FULL SIZE SAMPLE (horizontal picture) from BAREFOOT NUDITY website (CAUTION! EXPLICIT FEMALE NUDITY!)

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2359 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links