Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Is it worth starting a website/clips store? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Is it worth starting a website/clips store?
eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eff   Email eff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How the fetish may be "perceived" is irrelevant because you and I both know we're talking about female feet.
You only need to appeal to men with foot fetishes so who cares what the "mainstream" thinks?
Unless you're trying to appeal to that particular audience (for the $$$) and in that case, you should just be a straight up photographer.

See WE should be able to distinguish male and female feet over anyone else because its our main focus. You start getting into other things, like how pretty the models hair is, then any and everybody jumps on the bandwagon which is why so many women who are not even into it (dont know how to pose, move, give footjobs, etc) get involved.

Like I said, nobody wants a "dog", but at the same time, is the face REALLY the focus?? You've moved the focus over from a womans feet to something that can be found in any issue of Sports Illustrated or Victoria's Secret magazine and in this day and age where everybody has a phone camera or digital camera, you basically water down the product.

[ June 11, 2015, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: eff ]

Posts: 949 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to break it to you, but I think a lot of these models from back in the day are being highly romanticized. Knowing a number of them personally, it was their husband/boyfriend who was the machine. The woman did it for her man, not all of us. That hasn't really changed. Now they just get paid more because people now use the Internet to make a buck on all facets of sexuality. And plus, why aren't all these models from a few years ago around? Quite a few aren't with that man anymore. There are exceptions, but don't think all these women were all about making us happy to be foot guys. Lol.

As for my models vs Feet Fair, that's a fair point. Adam hires pro models whereas I ask my friends to take part. I like the girl next door aspect. That's my thing. I do grab a "real model" every now and again, but for me it's much more fun to share this experience with someone "less into it" for the money than a pro model usually is. I know my models are not all hits with everyone, but if I found them to be ugly, I would have never asked. If I had a female friend who was just not pretty or let's say, well below average, and she had sexy feet, I wouldn't ask. I wouldn't even just shoot her feet.

I understand that many male feet are easy to spot. I'm just saying I think if you were given feet only photos of countless women (mix of ugly and pretty) and dudes (both natural and done up as a cross dresser would - like the Asian ones from Thailand) you'd get some wrong. But that could also happen with full body too. I'm not denying that fact. I just think it helps to know the whole package.

Not arguing either. Kinda like the point and counterpoint discussion. Good points on both sides honestly.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18270 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fiona McFee
Major Player
Member # 39121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fiona McFee   Author's Homepage   Email Fiona McFee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... back to the original question whether you can make money doing a c4s site without showing faces... yes, just not a lot.

I've been out of the game for quite a while but every once in a while I dip my toe (pun intended) back in and shoot a video and post it. I don't show my face, and I always sell clips. Not a ton, but I've got regulars who buy anything I put up there and new people sometimes find me and buy practically my entire catalog.

Now granted, I've been on C4S for a long time - a really long time. My store number is 5476 - store numbers are 6 digits now. Like Patrick said, I started because I met a foot guy who wanted to start a store, but I liked it and wound up doing it on my own. I really just did this as a hobby, not to make a living. In my view, it was fun, allowed me to be an exhibitionist in an anonymous way, protecting me from future employers, family, etc. from knowing, and I get to make a few bucks doing it.

When C4S got really flooded with footgirls, it got much harder to compete as a 'no face' store. If you're not expecting to make a lot of money, I say go for it and see what happens - what's the worst that can happen, you get some extra footjobs? [Smile]

--------------------
~~Fiona's Footjobs~~~~

-

Posts: 184 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon26
Board Regular
Member # 48134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon26   Email Jon26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fiona McFee:
So... back to the original question whether you can make money doing a c4s site without showing faces... yes, just not a lot.

I've been out of the game for quite a while but every once in a while I dip my toe (pun intended) back in and shoot a video and post it. I don't show my face, and I always sell clips. Not a ton, but I've got regulars who buy anything I put up there and new people sometimes find me and buy practically my entire catalog.

Now granted, I've been on C4S for a long time - a really long time. My store number is 5476 - store numbers are 6 digits now. Like Patrick said, I started because I met a foot guy who wanted to start a store, but I liked it and wound up doing it on my own. I really just did this as a hobby, not to make a living. In my view, it was fun, allowed me to be an exhibitionist in an anonymous way, protecting me from future employers, family, etc. from knowing, and I get to make a few bucks doing it.

When C4S got really flooded with footgirls, it got much harder to compete as a 'no face' store. If you're not expecting to make a lot of money, I say go for it and see what happens - what's the worst that can happen, you get some extra footjobs? [Smile]

I wasn't planning on making a lot of money. I want to do it as a hobby and because I know a woman who is interested. I talked to her yesterday and found out she doesn't want her face shown because of her ex. She said her ex had a foot fetish and she is afraid he will find the clip store. She told me he was embarrassed about his foot fetish.

I may go ahead and open a clip store. I already have a lot of different footjob videos made with her so I have enough content.

My only question is how do taxes work with having a C4S store?

--------------------
Avatar is my friend's feet. She wears a size 8.5 to 9.

Posts: 39 | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fiona McFee
Major Player
Member # 39121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fiona McFee   Author's Homepage   Email Fiona McFee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're paid as an independent contractor so you're responsible for the taxes on your payouts. If you've made more than $600 in a calendar year, at the end of the year you'll get a tax form from them - I'd suggest setting aside a third of what you make for taxes.

If you have any expenses related to the 'business' like camera or lighting equipment, you can use those as tax deductions.

--------------------
~~Fiona's Footjobs~~~~

-

Posts: 184 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robotron2084   Email Robotron2084   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Fiona stated the market is crowded with all sort of content including girls not showing their faces. Unless your stuff is really good. This doesn't necessarily mean spending lots of money either.

If you've invested no money or minimal funds, go for it. Your content may be awesome. Also make sure you're able to meet USC 2257 requirements for records keeping.

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fby1k

Posts: 2788 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inspector General
Board Regular
Member # 48095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inspector General   Email Inspector General   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
they aren't "cool" if they're ashamed to be one of us as she clearly was [/QB]
This is very good point. So many cool girls to showing everything, why we need model ashamed show face? They only do for money but not many buy whats point?

--------------------
I see

Posts: 29 | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fiona McFee:
You're paid as an independent contractor so you're responsible for the taxes on your payouts. If you've made more than $600 in a calendar year, at the end of the year you'll get a tax form from them - I'd suggest setting aside a third of what you make for taxes.

If you have any expenses related to the 'business' like camera or lighting equipment, you can use those as tax deductions.

I had to show MORE expense than profit to balance the tax, I am essentially paying to keep the I4S store up. That's why I am closing it. Not even remotely worth it, unless you make $599 and shut it down every year.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18364 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eff   Email eff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon26:
I wasn't planning on making a lot of money. I want to do it as a hobby and because I know a woman who is interested. I talked to her yesterday and found out she doesn't want her face shown because of her ex. She said her ex had a foot fetish and she is afraid he will find the clip store. She told me he was embarrassed about his foot fetish.

I may go ahead and open a clip store. I already have a lot of different footjob videos made with her so I have enough content.

Like I said before, I think you should do it. Faces shown as opposed to no faces shown isnt going to make or break you. I think its more of a personal preference that these guys are saying but honestly, you're not going to go from broke to rich just because you decide to show faces lol. I really dont think its that much of a difference, financially, because you will still have an audience of similar size.

Do you have anything that you would be willing to share? Pics/Vid clips or anything...you never know, you might get some ideas from others around here.

Posts: 949 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

quote:
disagree from what i've seen the most successful clip stores show the face
Theres nothing to disagree with. I said I dont think it would be that much of a financial difference.

Meaning you might make more but not "that much more"....you're prob not getting rich off of either.

Inspector General
Board Regular
Member # 48095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inspector General   Email Inspector General   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone opinion say no sound like mr eff will be only buyer.

--------------------
I see

Posts: 29 | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon26
Board Regular
Member # 48134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon26   Email Jon26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about if the woman wears a mask? Like the ones you see a mardi gras?

If I could find a woman with footjob skills like Lix Vixen I would definitely be more confident about starting a C4S or website.

--------------------
Avatar is my friend's feet. She wears a size 8.5 to 9.

Posts: 39 | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dicksonjoe
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell yes!
go for it!

---------------------------
http://clips4sale.com/91005

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

quote:

maybe lix vixen but he FJ skills were one in a million

The fact that you brought her up kinda proves my point...You didnt need to see her face to know what was up. And her feet are not "all that" (they ARE pretty though) but her main thing was her footjob skills.

But coming from a guy who has dated a LOT of women in the past (please dont take it as bragging because thats not what I'm doing) but some of the most 'average looking' women will have the best feet and/or best footjob skills! Now "some" very attractive women are up there with them but just FROM MY EXPERIENCE I've seen that the average girl has tried more and willing to still try more.
Those watered down pretty face models dont seem to be as willing to jump into a fetish as quickly...the girl next door look will get you by in the foot fetish scene. Knowing that, then the face isnt even that important if it comes down to her not being comfortable with it...lix vixen has those pretty feet, great footjob skills and sexy voice! Nobody gave a damn about her face lol
Matter of fact, showing her face just might be why she aint around now.

Its some crazy ass people out here nowadays, so if they're not comfortable with it, who cares? I sure wouldnt. Even though I seem to be in the minority (at least on this forum).

All I can say to you is that IF you can get her to show her face then, cool! Thats a plus for everybody involved because everybody loves to see a pretty face.
Will you make more if she does? probably.
Is it going to turn everybody away if she DOESNT show her face? I doubt it.

Your profit may be less but if she wont model because you insist on showing her face then you've got no site/no audience in the first place so you're back to square one...so maybe find a few that will show faces to offset her. *shrugs*
IDK but if her feet look sexy and/or footjob skills are good, you've got me as a fan and I'm sure I wouldnt be the only one. Like the other poster said, maybe get her to wear a disuise or something lol. [Thumbs Up]

some25
Board Regular
Member # 48921

Icon 1 posted      Profile for some25   Author's Homepage   Email some25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what happened to lix vixen?! looks like she's also closed her clip store!
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links