Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » storage of women's worn footwear for short term

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: storage of women's worn footwear for short term
Fresca49
Board Regular
Member # 50188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fresca49         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi members,

A perfume expert mentioned; I understand you need to preserve the odor absorbed to the shoe from the wearer. For a relatively short time sealing the shoe would do it.

Key points:
I am a private collector.
The three dimensional objects will need to be smelled Occasionally. The length of time the shoe or pair of shoes will be out of storage will be for 15 minutes or less.
I wish to be able to smell that foot odor for up to 1 year.

The reason I say for up to 1 year is because a lady conservator and scientist mentioned; you know that the odor will not last for a long period of time (no more than a year and potentially less) and that you will then discard the pair of shoes.

A male researcher commented; unfortunately, there is no way to preserve your odors except by sealing the shoes in an airtight environment. If you allow any air exchange, your odors will evaporate. You want to be really careful about the layer of material closest to your accessories. The layer of containment closest to the shoes needs to be airtight.

Another lady mentioned; It is important to use packing materials that will not lend their scent to the objects over time.

How would you seal the shoe or pair of shoes in order to preserve the odor absorbed to the shoe from the wearer for a relatively short time?

Hopefully with the right packing and storage procedure, the biological odors from the worn footwear will remain for up to 1 year.

Thank you!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footboy1
The Legend
Member # 4549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footboy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fresca49:
The length of time the shoe or pair of shoes will be out of storage will be for 15 minutes or less.

Usually for me personally it's less. MUCH, much less. [Laugh] [Wink]

-footboy1

--------------------
Foot fetish is a thirst that can never be quenched.

Posts: 3101 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck pal...I tried reasonable air tight and within a few months for the strongest socks held a notable odor.

Maybe if you use a vacuum sealer.

I had heard a logic of keeping the bacteria alive...you add some drops if water and microwave it for a few seconds.

Not sure if microwave would work or if it would kill it.

I had some slight success putting some drops of water on the socks and out it in a ziploc bag and had it in somewhat direct sunlight. It sorta steamed in the bag...maybe got a little more odor but it quickly went away.

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fresca49
Board Regular
Member # 50188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fresca49         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi oneagain

I am less interested in storing used socks but I can share with you what a lady conservator told me.

She mentioned; it might be that there is an opportunity to regain a little scent after it has dissipated by judicious application of moist heat. Think for example, if you steamed or ironed the armpit of a garment that had not been laundered but had been sweat upon. Quite a lot of scent is released. Of course, this maneuver could probably only work a limited number of times and would speed deterioration and aging in other ways, but it might be an option for some of your favorites as the years go on and smells fade.

The lady conservator and scientist and male researcher are against vacuum sealing the footwear. If the shoe is exposed to a vacuum, that will pull the chemicals off of the surface of the shoe and into the vacuum source.

I hope there will be many packing and storage options provided. I will need to experiment with which methods work best at preserving the biological odors of the worn footwear for up to 1 year.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biological odors?

Are you a scientist planning on going to Mars and will bring some foorware to sniff on the journey there? [Tongue]

Just kidding with yah.

Keep us posted on our success!

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fresca49
Board Regular
Member # 50188

Hi footboy1

How do you store the ladies worn footwear and how long do you have each pair of shoes out of storage?

You mentioned it is much much less than 15 minutes.

Thank you!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links