Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Legal Implications of Candid Feet Recording (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legal Implications of Candid Feet Recording
Pjay
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pjay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by footexhibit:
Just another reason for people to think all foot guys are creepy. Of course we are not all alike, but living in a world where everything is prejudged, things like this does not help.

I have met several women who, prior to meeting me, had negative experiences with foot fetishists in their lives and the creepy, over-the-top behavior of the men had left them with bad impressions of guys who have foot fetishes. I think that in such instances, it's important for us to tread carefully and gently and be mindful of correcting those prejudices that have been emplaced by these women's bad experiences.

--------------------
You give pleasure to the feet, you give pleasure to the person.

Posts: 1297 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5thgear
All Pro Poster
Member # 46148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5thgear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's legal to film people in public, but they have the right to know why they're being filmed. What this guy did pertains to voyeurism laws, but it hits a gray area bc it was feet. Plus, he got booked for stalking. I'm sure there's more to this story. What makes it unique is that it pertains to feet which are legal to bare in public. In a way, this story seems to normalize feet as a sexual part.

There are states with voyeurism laws that prohibit the filming of intimate areas even in public. There are even states that considered public upskirting to be legal until recent years past. So it varies by state and scenario.

Like I said, I'm sure there's more to this story. Maybe the guy harassed them after they told him to leave them alone, or maybe they're out to make him a villain bc of his foot fetish when he harmlessly came on to them.

What we have to realize or remember is that this kind of behavior whether it's t&a or feet is considered low and creepy by women. Men who get upskirt or candid tit pics aren't applauded by the masses, and I'd bet you a lot that most women wouldn't find it cute.

[ January 04, 2017, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: 5thgear ]

Posts: 735 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scribe
Board Regular
Member # 48938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scribe   Email scribe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
If you're shooting on public property, you can actually photograph whatever you want. This is also why cops cannot stop people from filming them arresting people.

In the United States, this is exactly right. What you can and can't do has nothing to do with obtaining permission.

If you are in a public place, anything you can see with the naked eye, generally speaking, is fair game to be photographed.

There are exceptions if you go to extremes (such as standing on a ladder to peer into a bedroom window from a street corner), but you're otherwise fine, generally.

Just understand what legally constitutes a public space. A city sidewalk? Yes. A parking lot? No. A municipal building? Yes. A restaurant? No.

Bottom line, shorthand version: If someone other than a government entity owns the property, they can make the rules and you do not have the legal right to take photos.

The whole "permission" thing potentially kicks in if you do something with the photos -- selling them, for example, or using them in advertising where the person(s) is/are prominent and identifiable. Bottom line, shorthand version: It gets tricky if you do something more with the pics than enjoy them privately.

[ January 07, 2017, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: scribe ]

Posts: 27 | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scribe
Board Regular
Member # 48938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scribe   Email scribe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 5thgear:
It's legal to film people in public, but they have the right to know why they're being filmed.

Wrong.

In the United States, you're not legally obligated to tell them anything. As long as you're in what's legally defined as a public space (a street, a city park, a municipal building) and you're not being a nuisance, it's your right to film or photograph nearly any goddamned thing you see, for any reason.

Morally obligated? That's another matter, maybe.

Posts: 27 | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scribe:
quote:
It's legal to film people in public, but they have the right to know why they're being filmed.

Wrong.

In the United States, you're not legally obligated to tell them anything. As long as you're in what's legally defined as a public space (a street, a city park, a municipal building) and you're not being a nuisance, it's your right to film or photograph nearly any goddamned thing you see, for any reason.

Except when you're shooting a model in a city park. City workers can ask for a permit if need be and at their discretion if they want to and guess what, the permit is the only thing that will let you stay taking pictures in the park, if you don't have one..bye bye! Luckily my spots I've only been asked once. I find most don't know the law or it's loop holes.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18304 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AsianFootLove
Board Regular
Member # 43116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AsianFootLove   Email AsianFootLove   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Super question. I assume it first depends on your local laws. Usually, public places do not protect you with a guarantee of privacy. The owner of an area or legal "enforcer" may ask you to leave, if it's viewed as harassment. I believe if you are filming/picturing within what is considered "decent", such as no boob, no up the skirt shots, I assume it's most likely legal. Now if you were to announce you get sexual fullfilment from this, you might have trouble. P.S. This is my opinion, I'm not a lawyer.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 41 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scribe
Board Regular
Member # 48938

This is correct. Commercial shoots generally fall under different rules.

quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
quote:
Originally posted by scribe:
quote:

Wrong.

Except when you're shooting a model in a city park. City workers can ask for a permit if need be and at their discretion if they want to and guess what, the permit is the only thing that will let you stay taking pictures in the park, if you don't have one..bye bye! Luckily my spots I've only been asked once. I find most don't know the law or it's loop holes.

John Jones
Elite Trooper
Member # 50531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Legal issues notwithstanding, if you are taking secret videos/photos of women in public you are being a rude a$$hole.

If you want photos of cute feet that bad and don't have a wife/girlfriend to indulge your fetish, try visiting a large, liberal, college campus and use a polite approach to taking consensual photos. There are tons of guys on youtube who are surprisingly successful in doing this.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 480 | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reinforcedtoemo
Elite Trooper
Member # 28066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reinforcedtoemo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what about these Candid Clip4sale movies, how can you know if the women in these candid clip are of legal age.
Posts: 264 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scribe
Board Regular
Member # 48938

quote:
Originally posted by reinforcedtoemo:
So what about these Candid Clip4sale movies, how can you know if the women in these candid clip are of legal age.

I'm not sure you can. Although if you're wrestling with that moral question, perhaps it's worth wrestling with the moral question of this style of video overall.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links