Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Anyone else annoyed by the spammers ? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone else annoyed by the spammers ?
footboy1
The Legend
Member # 4549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footboy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one is stefff235. His posts are full of spam as well.

-footboy1

--------------------
Foot fetish is a thirst that can never be quenched.

Posts: 3101 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope Phil has a way to at least ban IP addresses to make it harder to keep joining. Might have to re-make the signup process to include an actual e-mail response from noobs proving who they are.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18319 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spread em'
Major Player
Member # 26398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spread em'   Email spread em'   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneagain:
Ive been reporting xbonds post and suggest other do so as well

How does one go about reporting a post ? Pardon my ignorance.
Posts: 203 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spread em':
quote:
Originally posted by oneagain:
Ive been reporting xbonds post and suggest other do so as well

How does one go about reporting a post ? Pardon my ignorance.
The little whistle icon at the bottom of the post for starters.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18319 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by footboy1:
Another one is stefff235. His posts are full of spam as well.

-footboy1

I agree..steffs post used to he ok...maybe one pop up and then lately its the same deluge of spam and malware.

If the hosting place is the one to blame then maybe we should have a board rule that says that hosting company isnt allowed for images here. We tell the poster to use any of the other free hosting sites.

We all know that the posters are getting money for each popup and spam links...so it is outside of the camaraderie spirit of the board...specially when they posti g pictures from paid web sites

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
We tell the poster to use any of the other free hosting sites
I don't think you can tell them anything, they don't read their PM's nor would answer if they did. I say make the registration process MUCH harder to join this board. There are ways we can eliminate it, but it's up to the Admin.

--------------------
 -

oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps we should put in the faq or forum rules that indicates hosting company limitations or guidance and if they are in violation they have a chance to correct their action and if not they get the boot.

Not sure if making things harder would be a solution...we also dont want to scare away people if we make it too hard to join!

So far it seems if we all flag the post they are getting removed.

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Limiting where one can host images is a start, but that still doesn't solve the issue of it being Spam. Let's hope.

--------------------
 -

At My Neighbors Feet
Loyal Member
Member # 48238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for At My Neighbors Feet   Author's Homepage   Email At My Neighbors Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
Maybe if Patrick can't resolve it we can mention it to Phil and see what he suggests. The malware and pop-ups literally freeze my Chrome browser.

I feel you your pain with Chrome locking up, or worse when it floods you with an unstoppable cascade of pop-ups and I have to do a hard system reboot [Cry]

--------------------
 -
The neighborhood girls found out a secret about their naughty neighbor,
now they’re using it to tease, torment and abuse him.

Posts: 50 | Registered: Dec 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IPs have been banned, as have email addresses. With so many ways for people to sign in (phone, tablet, watch, computer, etc.), IPs aren't always the answer like it used to be. People you've mentioned have had their emails and multiple IPs banned and they still resurface, sadly.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links