Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Mainstream Media's recent Awful Portrayal of us

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mainstream Media's recent Awful Portrayal of us
TruthBeTold
All Pro Poster
Member # 47114

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TruthBeTold   Author's Homepage   Email TruthBeTold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is freakin insane as if we have been reset back to the 80s when old weekly family sitcoms used to have the canned laughter in the background when the show's hot daughter talked about a former boyfriend who stole her shoes. Ie. as if anything related to foot fetishism MUST involve some sort of deranged/demented behavior.

Anyway, I am talking about the really popular show on HBO called House of Dragons.

It's the first time any of George RR Martin's works have portrayed a character with a foot fetish. And wouldn't ya know it, they literally picked the creepiest slime-ball in the entire list of characters to play the role to represent us, aka Larys. His behaviors are quite frankly creepy, self-serving, and disgusting!

I was watching it unfold slowly like WTF bro's, this is NOT good for the image!! She's obviously distraught and doesn't enjoy it at all [Cry]

OMFG, WHYYYYY!?!? It can be potentially triggering to view his reflection (as our own) when we would obviously prefer to think of ourselves differently!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11324867/House-Dragon-fans-shocked-risqu-FOOT-FETISH-scene-Queen-Alicent-Larys.html

[ October 18, 2022, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: TruthBeTold ]

--------------------
 -
 -  -  -

Posts: 834 | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jota Milagros
Hall Of Famer
Member # 52780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jota Milagros   Email Jota Milagros   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched that episode, "The Green Council," on HBO on demand. It is just as bad as you said, with the man who has the erotic interest in woman's feet portrayed as a degenerate pervert.

Here is a summary of the foot scene from ELLE magazine:

"Even as she escapes her father’s chambers, the queen is to be humbled further this evening. She encounters Larys, who teases information about how and why Otto learned of Aegon’s hiding place before she did. Alicent sits, removes her shoes, and Larys speaks again, of a web of spies operating for Otto’s benefit within the Red Keep. He pauses, and Alicent slips off her stockings, quiet but seething. The Clubfoot allows another detail: One of the spies is Alicent’s handmaiden, Talia—a fact many fans had already suspected, given the character’s inexplicable prominence in episodes past. They agree to dispose of her discretely, and Alicent lifts her feet as a reward, turning her face away as Larys masturbates. Dragon gleefully employs rampant incest and graphic childbirth scenes, yet little has made my stomach churn like this moment between supposed allies."

This reviewer, who found eroticism of feet more stomach-churning than incest, is an associate editor of ELLE.

--------------------
I am in awe of Giovanna the Great

Posts: 1248 | Registered: Apr 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthBeTold
All Pro Poster
Member # 47114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthBeTold   Author's Homepage   Email TruthBeTold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jota Milagros:
This reviewer, who found eroticism of feet more stomach-churning than incest, is an associate editor of ELLE.

it's a grim feeling knowing that this negative contrast exists at seemingly the highest influencer levels of normal society, leaving the rest of us pleaing for understanding from the bottom, and essentially being viewed as the equivalent of handicapped people when it comes to the sexual nature of things [Confused] [Cry]
Posts: 834 | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jediofthefeet
The Legend
Member # 1463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jediofthefeet   Author's Homepage   Email jediofthefeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the anime Castlevania, and one of the vampires lackey had a shoe fetish. Someone actually blackmailed him by threatening to tell the powerful female vampire whose shoes used about what he does with them. There was also a good foot rub scene between a tall, huge, jakked female vampire, and her lesbian lover.

Regarding the summary in ELLE magazine, it just goes to show what society still finds acceptable, and what it still finds unacceptable.

There are States who will deny women and girls the right to abortion, even in the case of incest or rape.

As Dave Chappelle blatantly put it **During Chappelle's Netflix special, which is available now to watch, he juxtaposes DaBaby getting canceled by the LGBTQ+ community with the rhymer's 2018 shooting case.

"A lot of the LGBTQ community doesn’t know about DaBaby’s history,” Chappelle detailed in his special. “He once shot a n---a and killed him in Walmart. Oh this is true, Google it. Nothing bad happened to his career. Do you see where I’m going with this? In our country, you can shoot and kill a n---a, but you better not hurt a gay person’s feelings."

Violent male anal rape in the show "Oz", the graphic scenes in Dragon and GOT, etc., yet "this moment" made the reviewer's "stomach churn".

I still say the way to make us accepted is for Hollywood, rappers, and singers to have scenes showing us as normal folks that have a fondness for feet, and have scenes or music videos with us making our fondness caring, sensual, and erotic.

Look at recent National Day, Be Bald and Be Free Day. Politicians, athletes, actors, and In the late 1950s, shaved heads started becoming a trend. Bald men were seen as more virile, confident, tough, and disciplined. Many actors, politicians, musicians, and sports stars adopted the bald look. In the 1990s, the shaved head style was at its peak with people like Michael Jordan, Evander Holyfield, and Bruce Willis further popularizing the trend.

--------------------
You must do what you feel is right, of course-Obi Wan Kenobi

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feetosopher
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45909

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Feetosopher   Author's Homepage   Email Feetosopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as a guy who finds female barefooting and dirty feet utterly exciting, and has been creating content about those themes since 2004, I have got used to contempt by the "moral majority" WITHIN the very "foot fetish community" (if such a community actually exists.. I doubt, frankly speaking), which sees us dudes with such tastes basically as a bunch of sick weirdos.
You might hence guess that I don't give a XXXX about what the "moral majority" OUTSIDE the "foot fetish community" thinks about my (peculiar, I concede) tastes, and me as a (freaky) individual.. [Evil Grin]
P.S. If I had to list how many idiotic passions of the "moral majority" make "my stomach churn", it would probably take years of writing [Laugh]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2359 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stopped watching House of Dragons after they changed the cast up in episode 6 or so. That ruined the whole vibe. And the Fetish scene that was mention is tame and lame and surely doesn't shed any good light on foot enthusiasts around the world. At this point they should have written a full foot worship scene into that episode to finish us off right? I digress, the show had potential but Game of Thrones still "Reigns" supreme above this prequel spin off.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
The King Of Feet
Member # 46711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Icarus   Author's Homepage   Email Icarus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Feetosopher:
Well, as a guy who finds female barefooting and dirty feet utterly exciting, and has been creating content about those themes since 2004, I have got used to contempt by the "moral majority" WITHIN the very "foot fetish community" (if such a community actually exists.. I doubt, frankly speaking), which sees us dudes with such tastes basically as a bunch of sick weirdos.
You might hence guess that I don't give a XXXX about what the "moral majority" OUTSIDE the "foot fetish community" thinks about my (peculiar, I concede) tastes, and me as a (freaky) individual.. [Evil Grin]
P.S. If I had to list how many idiotic passions of the "moral
majority" make "my stomach churn", it would probably take
of writing [Laugh]

WORD!
Posts: 5497 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tintin19153
Major Player
Member # 3694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tintin19153   Author's Homepage   Email tintin19153   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think some of the ignorant posters on Wiki feet , is more damaging than that scene.
Posts: 177 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feetosopher
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45909

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Feetosopher   Author's Homepage   Email Feetosopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
quote:
Originally posted by Feetosopher:
P.S. If I had to list how many idiotic passions of the "moral
majority" make "my stomach churn", it would probably take
of writing [Laugh]

WORD!
[Nut Kick] [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2359 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links