Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » What about abortion? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What about abortion?
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, hopefully without this becoming an overly heated topic, what is everybody's opinions on abortion? Where do you stand on it? Do you see it as a legitimate means of birth-control, or do you see it as a total disregard for the sanctity of human life? Or perhaps you're riding the fence on this, and haven't thought too much about it. Still, what are your opinions?

I've read some very convincing points of view from both sides of the fence on this, and of course have an opinion myself, but I'll hold it back until some of you folks sound off. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neo
Elite Trooper
Member # 1891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neo   Email Neo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOH! This one is not only touchy, but since each persons situation is so very different, it is very hard to even get on the same page with such an intricate topic. You can keep it simple and debate right and wrong, but it will lead to varied examples that will break every rule no matter what the belief. This may be one of the longest lasting topics of history that will haunt generations to come.

--------------------
Steve McQueens` got nothin` on me...........
www.Pinks-Sexy-Feet.com
www.Pinks-Handjobs.com
www.HostileHandjobs.com

Posts: 284 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fanatic66
Elite Trooper
Member # 991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fanatic66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not touchin' this one! [Big Grin] This topic is a bomb waiting to go off. [Cool]
Posts: 411 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elzbennet
Feature Foot Model
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elzbennet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I think itīs a little dangerous topic, because people who never had to go through an abortion see things differently and thatīs my case.
But in my point of view, it canīt be accepted as a birth control option. It must be seen as the last resource. Thereīs so much info about sex and ways of avoiding pregnancy, that in many cases, it does not justify an abortion, specially when the person knows about these options and still takes unnecessary risks. If someone starts itīs sexual life then should assume itīs resposabilities. On the other hand, ignorance also happens, and the lack of info can be a problem.
I canīt agree with abortion but i canīt be totally against it. In cases of rapes, who can blame a woman of wanting to abort? And the cases when the child will have serious health problems wich will cause him great suffer? I suppose each case is a case and must be very well analized.
This topic has a lot to be said, no doubt about it.
This is just my humble opinion.
[kiss]

--------------------
Elz

Posts: 937 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Midnite
Loyal Member
Member # 1797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midnite   Email Midnite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont agree with it, but bottomline, its gotta be the womens choice... and if they make a law against it, it had better be made BY a group of women, cuz i wouldnt want a woman decided something about my sack or something lol
Posts: 82 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the opinions so far everybody. [Cool] Anybody else got an opinion before I launch into mine? [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elzbennet
Feature Foot Model
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elzbennet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Midnite:
i dont agree with it, but bottomline, its gotta be the womens choice... and if they make a law against it, it had better be made BY a group of women, cuz i wouldnt want a woman decided something about my sack or something lol

Now that you mention that, i see i forgot that aspect on my message. I do not agree. I think the decision cannot be given exclusively to women. Men also must have a word on the it, for i give them as much importance as women have on this subject. I do not think that the fact that women carry the child, gives them total authority over his birth or not. And usually itīs one of the justification given by women, that they can do whatever they wich with their body and therefore with what is inside it. The decision should be made by both, specially when there is no strong reason for the abortion, like those i mentioned on my previous message.
[kiss]

[ May 10, 2004, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Elzbennet ]

--------------------
Elz

Posts: 937 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Midnite
Loyal Member
Member # 1797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midnite   Email Midnite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
true true, i was just being stupid for a laugh, i agree with you Elz. dont agree with it, but theres just too many variables for argue if you want to try and make a be-all end-all law for it. so its just one of those tough ones
Posts: 82 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

This is some thought-provoking material folks. I think I'll sit on my opinion a little while longer. Thanks for the insight so far y'all. [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

fraqtal.[187].
Elite Trooper
Member # 2073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fraqtal.[187].   Email fraqtal.[187].   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the topic, Lou.

Here's how I stand on abortion:

I support it.

Why? Because the first situation is for rape victims. They are raped by someone who impregnates them in an act of lust, not love.

The second is teenagers that are stupid and have sex unprotected or make mistakes. Teenagers (even though I am one myself) are pretty stupid, and we make mistakes. This is still a baby concieved in lust, not love.

So I support both cases, and any other case in which the baby is considered a "mistake" because I believe that if a baby is not concieved in a state of love between two people, then the baby should not be born. It's a human life that was created out of pure lust, and not love as it was meant to be.

...I also support gay marriage, which is a very racy topic because of how people stand on that. I am far from gay myself, but I don't have anything against those who are. Much like having a foot fetish, it's built into someone's chemistry and psychology. It's who we, or they, are. Some things just are.

Why I mention the gay marriage ideal is because the option of having an abortion may be considered to not, in order to have a gay couple have children. I still don't believe this is a baby concieved in love, but it's a baby concieved with the idea that it will be loved as if it were concieved in love. I hope this all makes sense, and I'm waiting to hear how brother Lou and the rest of you feel about this.

Peace out.

--------------------
[still water runs deep]

Posts: 304 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Okay, I think I've dilly-dallied on posting my opinion on this long enough, especially since I started this thread. Before I get started, I want to thank everybody again who chimed in with their thoughts on this. They're all very much appreciated.

I also want to say that by me stating my opinion on such a controversial subject, I am by no means trying to say that anybody that differs from my train of thought is wrong. Brother Neo said it best when he wrote:
quote:
OOH! This one is not only touchy, but since each persons situation is so very different, it is very hard to even get on the same page with such an intricate topic. You can keep it simple and debate right and wrong, but it will lead to varied examples that will break every rule no matter what the belief.
I agree with this, because ultimately, there will be certain instances, points of view, differing mind-sets, that can counter and cancel each other out. All this is is my personal opinion.

First and foremost, I think the subject will break down into a matter of responsibility or lack thereof. The arguements about the sanctity of life I believe come second to this, because there isn't a concrete, etched in stone world view on the value of life, as borderline barbaric as that may sound.

On that note, I think abortion, used as a means of birth-control, is wrong. I could site a few examples of why, but the one that drove the nail in for me (because I was waffling back and forth for a long time on this) was a law that I noticed back in the late 80's.

This law, and please excuse me for not being able to quote a direct source at the moment, stated, simply, that if a person were to crush the egg of an American bald eagle, they would get slapped with a $500 fine. To top that off, if a person were to kill a bald eagle, they could get either life in prison or the death penalty.

This really rattled my cage, because if the government will go so far as to enlist a law protecting the unborn bald eagle (our nation's bird), why then is the same government so lax in its laws, or lack of laws, in protecting unborn humans? Is human life any less important than a bald eagle's? I couldn't figure this out.

Now, about the responsibility point. Picture this: Imagine, for the sake of arguement, that your parents become old and feeble. They get to the point of not being able to do for themselves, and to be blunt they really start to cramp your style. Would it then be okay to, say, slip some arsenic in their mashed potatoes and feed it to them? Or, would it be okay to put a garden hose on the exhaust of your car, strap your folks in, and let the engine run until the carbon monoxide eventually turned their lights out?

Of course killing your old feeble parents after they become a burden is wrong. So, on that same note, why is it okay to have a baby, forming in the womb, able to suck it's thumb, register sounds, have dreams, move it's little legs and get comfortable, cut to pieces and suctioned right out? Because it might cut into party time? Because you might not be able to afford to raise it? This is the same scenario, only the victim this time is different.

Now, you might say that rape constitutes an acceptable reason for abortion. Picture this: You leave your house for a week to go out of town, and while you're gone, somebody breaks in, steals a bunch of things, shits in your toilet, jerks off on your big screen TV (providing they don't steal that too) and essentially ruins in one night what took you years to build up. You return home, and what you see is traumatizing. The extent of total disregard for you and your things, the way they vandalized what you thought was a safe sanctuary from the outside world, in short, the whole situation is like a blunt trauma to the head with a ball-pin hammer.

What do you do to repair yourself and your home? Would you throw your arms up, say fuck it all, and burn the house and what's left down? Would you take a chain-saw and proceed to destroy the rest of your belongings to get this bad situation out of your life all together? Or, would you realistically settle your nerves, eventually, and then start to rebuild what was destroyed.

The point of that example is this: Rape is a terrible, de-humanizing act that I wouldn't wish on anybody, even my ex-wife (and some of you know what I think about her). But the way to remedy it is not to do further damage to human life, or rather humanity, by getting a forming baby killed and then removed. You don't repair barbarism with barbarism no sooner than you'd use a knife to heal a deep cut in your arm. There are lots of people out there, couples that can't have babies for whatever reason, that would dive at a chance to adopt. The scumbag rapist should be hanged by the balls, no doubt about that, but why should an innocent child that had no say or control in the matter be put to death?

187, I'm not meaning to disrespect you because you seem to be a cool person to me, but what you wrote here kind of answers itself on it's face:
quote:
The second is teenagers that are stupid and have sex unprotected or make mistakes. Teenagers (even though I am one myself) are pretty stupid, and we make mistakes. This is still a baby concieved in lust, not love.

So I support both cases, and any other case in which the baby is considered a "mistake" because I believe that if a baby is not concieved in a state of love between two people, then the baby should not be born. It's a human life that was created out of pure lust, and not love as it was meant to be.

Let me ask you this: If a teenager re-enacts his favorite gangsta' rap lyrics, get's totally irresponsible, doesn't really put any forethought into it, and actually does go out and "kill a motha'fucka' like it ain't no thang", should they be excused of any and all consequences because it was a "mistake"?

The thing is, people make mistakes all the time, but sweeping them under the rug and escaping from the consequences is not a way to learn from them. If a couple of teenagers screw around with unprotected sex, and a baby is the result of it, don't you think it's only right that they are made to face up to their responsibility and raise the child? You have a few cases of this, and people would get a lot less promiscuous in record time. You say yourself that this is a human life conceived, and I agree with you. So why should this innocent human life get snuffed out because of the irresponsibility of others? That would be like saying: "It's okay that my cousin died in a car crash with a drunk driver, he just made a mistake and drank too much before he got behind the wheel of his car." That logic couldn't apply to this, so how can it apply to an abortion? Again, not knocking you or your opinion, but your opinion made me think about this aspect. I mean nothing but repsect for you.

So that's it. I'll hop off the soap box now. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Elzbennet
Feature Foot Model
Member # 1234

quote:
Originally posted by 187:
Thanks for the topic, Lou.

Why? Because the first situation is for rape victims. They are raped by someone who impregnates them in an act of lust, not love.

Hi! Thatīs exactly one of the reasons i cannot be completly in favour of abortion. The baby is not the mistake, Itīs the action of irresponsability people have! Some people take sexuallity in a very light way, and itīs something that should be considered with responsability. If you donīt have it, donīt practice it. Allowing abortion in any case is giving reason to those who canīt face that responsability. Itīs like with any other type of crime, we know it will always exist but does not mean we will accept it because we canīt avoid it. The same with abortion, women will continue to do it but that does not mean that it must be accepted it in all cases.
Babies conceived in lust are exactly the same as babies conceived with love, both have the right to live.
But again i repeat each case is a case and there must be some kind of balance on the judgement over women that do it. Serious health problems that cause great pain to the child and even later death or rape cases should be analised in a different way.
Kisses.

--------------------
Elz

chuchowens
Major Player
Member # 1882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chuchowens   Author's Homepage   Email chuchowens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am with elz!!

a baby have the rigth of the live!!
who are we? we are not gods. we are human beans, and... the love is our strength.

kisses elz

--------------------
Chuchowens

Posts: 119 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am wondering, what you all think, ok lets think of this. I am not trying to sound perverted, but an anchor man on I believe, either Fox or CNN, made a good point about abortion. What if, say, a 12 or 13 year old girl, were raped by her own father, was pregnant, and would be in danger of losing her life if she had the baby? What do you all think of that?
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, if the baby were to be born, It might run the risks of having serious birth defects?
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links