Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » Screws up the oath... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Screws up the oath...
Second Timer
BANNED
Member # 21660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Second Timer   Author's Homepage   Email Second Timer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6B1OGnnbcs
Posts: 238 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still can't compare to how your beloved Bush screwed things up when he talked. That pales in comparison to his question session here

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I1R72hs7RaE&feature=related

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Second Timer
BANNED
Member # 21660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Second Timer   Author's Homepage   Email Second Timer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bush didn't screw up the oath. Gotta give him that.

Oh, and wait till we hear 'Monk Ears talk without a teleprompter or written speech. Dreadful.

Posts: 238 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Legalities
Life, Politics and the Law From ABC News Correspondent Jan Crawford Greenburg

Chief Justice Fumbles

January 20, 2009 12:45 PM

Chief Justice John Roberts is a man who has made very few public missteps in his life -- but he appears to have made one when swearing in Barack Obama. After Obama stepped on the first line of the oath, Roberts then slightly flubbed the next bit--which then tripped up Obama.

You'd think two brilliant Harvard Law grads who are both serious students of the Constitution (and obviously know the words of the oath by heart) would nail this one, but, then again, who among us has made history standing before two million people on a freezing January day?

The oath is contained in the Constitution:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

But when Obama jumped in sooner than Roberts expected, Roberts flipped some of the words, saying: "I will execute the office of president to the United States faithfully."

Here's the transcript:

ROBERTS: Are you prepared to take the oath, Senator?
OBAMA: I am.
ROBERTS: I, Barack Hussein Obama...
OBAMA: I, Barack...
ROBERTS: ... do solemnly swear...
OBAMA: I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear...
ROBERTS: ... that I will execute the office of president to the United States faithfully...
OBAMA: ... that I will execute...
ROBERTS: ... faithfully the office of president of the United States...
OBAMA: ... the office of president of the United States faithfully...
ROBERTS: ... and will to the best of my ability...
OBAMA: ... and will to the best of my ability...
ROBERTS: ... preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
OBAMA: ... preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
ROBERTS: So help you God?
OBAMA: So help me God.
ROBERTS: Congratulations, Mr. President.

UPDATE: It's worth pointing out that Chief Justice William Howard Taft, who had been President himself, also flubbed the oath when he was swearing in Herbert Hoover in 1929. When Taft administered the oath, he said, "preserve, maintain and defend the Constitution," instead of "preserve, PROTECT, and defend." So where Roberts flipped a couple of words, Taft substituted an entirely new one.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TicklingFiend
Hall Of Famer
Member # 10765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TicklingFiend   Email TicklingFiend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, piss off. lol
You act as if the man isn't human.

--------------------
I'm a doormat for pretty feet.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footluvrguy
All Pro Poster
Member # 23285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footluvrguy   Email footluvrguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TicklingFiend:
Oh, piss off. lol
You act as if the man isn't human.

Exactly... And why is this worthy of any comment?
Gimme a break. To the "OP"... you've got to be kidding...

Posts: 771 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shook
All Pro Poster
Member # 12484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shook   Author's Homepage   Email shook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
apparently the guy saying the oath said it wrong and obama caught him on it, that's why he kinda stuttered on it.

--------------------
Girls In Socks - Forum

Posts: 842 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SecondTimer is just jealous because even before Barack Obama was sworn in, he's already been more celebrated than George W. Bush will EVER be...

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Second Timer
BANNED
Member # 21660

Ah, that may be so but...he is also immediately more hated than any other president on day one.

Welcome: 4 years of blaming everyone else for everything! And isn't the fact that two Senators dropped over at lunch with this clown scary to you all? Of course not. Obambi will get a pass on EVERYTHING. Fuck up the oath, that's ok we love ya. Take back your campaign promises, that's ok we love ya. Don't even know to use different pens when signing different documents, that's ok we love ya. And while I'm ranting, when we do actually have a 100% black man for president, do we have to go through this historic bullshit all over again?

Gimme a fuckin break people. Hold this guy accountable for EVERY MOVE HE MAKES just like you assholes did with Bush!

Oh, and my edit: THE WORST DAY IN THE DOW FOR AN INAUGURATION, but of course....that's ok, we love him.

[ January 21, 2009, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Second Timer ]

Second Timer
BANNED
Member # 21660

Oh, and one last thing for all the libs who think Obambi is going to "unite us all," or "hope and change."

The only thing that changed is:

Now the other half of the country (60 million voters) is unhappy with the president and are critical of his every move. Don't let the media shape & twist your thoughts. There were "impeach" groups sprouting up as soon as he won the election in November.
And I can't STAND seeing these idiots on tv acting like their big SAVIOR is here. The fact is, is that 60 million people don't like this guy. Of the 130 million that voted that's real close to half. I just don't see how anything is going to change. It's impossible to please everyone, all the time. You'll all see (and so will Obambi) that Bush was not that bad, and that 'Ole Monk Ears couldn't be more inexperienced!

A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

So what if the Dow had it's worst one-day drop ever.we'll scale it back from one day, to eight years and, by the way buddy, the Dow had it's largest point drop ever during the years of the extremely unsuccessful presidency of George W. Bush.
Read This Article Second Timer Before You Criticize the Dow's Largest Inauguration One-Day Drop Yeserday

--------------------

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

quote:
Originally posted by Second Timer:
And isn't the fact that two Senators dropped over at lunch with this clown scary to you all?

pretty disgracing how your vile political comments can be Second Timer...John McCain or any of your fellow party members would be ashamed at your comments, I have utmost respect for Republicans, but I think a lot of your party would feel violated by your comments. It is people like you that have tainted the Republican name. You certainly don't hear any of us making fun of Dick Cheney's health mishaps. It' just wrong, and I strongly recommend you be respectful to others if you're going to post here.

--------------------

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

vanderfeeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanderfeeet   Email vanderfeeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
trying to have an intelligent conversation with this nitwit is like trying to nail diarrhea to a wall. good luck

--------------------
vf

Posts: 1188 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
den2
Elite Trooper
Member # 20517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for den2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Gods sake give the guy a chance! If he does fuck up (which if americans are all supportive of him I doubt he will) then you can go ape shit about him. I agree with you a&f, John McCain would be pissed if he heard all this negativity.
Posts: 372 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SarahSolesDaddy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 3205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SarahSolesDaddy   Author's Homepage   Email SarahSolesDaddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vanderfeet:
trying to have an intelligent conversation with this nitwit is like trying to nail diarrhea to a wall. good luck

LMAO never heard that one b4 but I can see why damn

--------------------
C4S.com/31263

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links