Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » New Hampshire Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Hampshire Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wrinklesguy:
So how many practicing sexually active gay men do you see in their 70's? ok, wait..bad visual..but probably not too many.

What does their sexual activity have to do with anything? The survey only talks about people being gay (as in their sexual orientation)...not about being sexually active at an old age.

Obviously there are gays and lesbians in their 70s...in fact a few days ago I just read an interview in the "Sueddeutsche Zeitung" with a German gay couple in their 80s....they were positively amazed that same-sex couples can now legally get married in Germany....especially if you consider that less than 70 years ago the German Nazis murdered thousands of homosexuals in the concentration camps.

My housemate is a lesbian and has loads of friends who are gay or lesbian...most of them in their early 40s or even early 50s. I´m pretty sure many of them are going to live until they are 70 and older. [Wink]
(I´m mentioning this because the survey also talks about lesbians...apparently their average lifespan is only 46 years).

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vanderfeeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanderfeeet   Email vanderfeeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wrinklesguy:
So how many practicing sexually active gay men do you see in their 70's? ok, wait..bad visual..but probably not too many.

My uncle is a gay man in his 60s and consequently I'm aware of quite a number of gays/lesbians who are in their 40s, 50s, and above.

Homosexuals have only really felt comfortable "uncloseting" themselves en masse over the last decade or two, as public tolerance has gradually eased up. Hence it's often the younger generations who are getting the most attention in the media and so forth. That fact may skew one's perception.

There was a time when average life expectancy in certain gay populations was indeed shorter than the hetero community, but the more generally accepted figures were more to the tune of 8 years shorter than the general population. However, most of these studies were done 15+ years ago and it's a fact that "deaths from HIV infection have declined dramatically in this population since 1996". A recent study of the gay population in Vancouver, for example, found that "there has been a threefold decrease in mortality in Vancouver as well as in other parts of British Columbia".

In other words, there was a spike in mortality during the initial period of HIV-ignorance, but education (and seeing one's friends pass away from AIDS) seems to have paid off considerably.

[ June 21, 2009, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: vanderfeet ]

--------------------
vf

Posts: 1188 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, maybe the older generation of Gays are living long because they practice safe sex or have no interest in modern open sex? The younger generation is quite "open" and risky with themselves..trust me I've seen the parades they have in San Francisco {it's all over the news here when they have them} and there is nothing conservative or safe about their sex life {for the most part, not everyone is like that but ALOT are}. So a simple re-word of the question may have been necessary.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18386 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by temp1234:
quote:
Originally posted by ucflyeah:
unreal. and non-gay people who put all this energy into fighting for this cause??

i just don't get it. if you're not gay, who cares?

it's like me with abortion. i'm a male and i practice safe sex so abortion will NEVER be an issue in my life, so what do i care???

sooooo much wasted energy

Unfortunately there is no 100% safe sex guarantee. Plenty of things come close but condoms are 95% safe (so that's a 1/200 chance! eek!). And the Pill has a much higher percentage... but nothing is 100% short of castration.
exactly taking every precaution doesn't come close to gauranteeing she won't get pregnant

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links