Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » Obama Science Advisor: Trees Should Be Allowed to Sue in Court

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Obama Science Advisor: Trees Should Be Allowed to Sue in Court
diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obama Science Advisor: Trees Should Be Allowed to Sue in Court

Well with all this Obama Bashing I found this.
Here's the link: http://www.dakotavoice.com/2009/07/obama-science-advisor-trees-should-be-allowed-to-sue-in-court

quote:
You just can’t make this stuff up, folks. If you made a movie with a character who said nutty things like this, it would flop because people just wouldn’t find it credible. Well, unless it was an “Office Space” type movie.

The outer-space wacko record of President Barack Obama’s “science czar” John Holdren just keeps getting crazier and crazier.
We’ve learned that he wants to “de-develop” the United States and make us a Third World cesspool, thinks children are not yet human beings, is a Malthusian population control fanatic, and is generally against the American way of life.

[Eek!]
Scary huh? These people are in charge.

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vanderfeeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanderfeeet   Email vanderfeeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He co-wrote some kind of text book for ecology students back in the 1970s that went over some hypothetical nightmare ecological scenarios and the various extreme measures we could implement as a society if we might hope to prevent them. Some of it was pretty out there and so he's consequently been associated with some unsettling notions. I'm undecided as to exactly how serious the "suggestions" in that book were and I can only imagine that context is key here.

I do know that it was a college text book, so I would think that the contents were intended to inspire discussion and debate within an academic setting, and were not intended as serious prescriptions for America.

I also know that the main author, noted biologist Paul Ehrlich, is highly esteemed within his field and has received, among other awards, the MacArthur Prize and the Albert Einstein Club Commemorative Plaque. None of the authors seem to be involved in any kind of "fringe science" or overly controversial theories these days.

[ December 08, 2009, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: vanderfeet ]

--------------------
vf

Posts: 1188 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also heard one about that Cass Sunstein {sp} guy who wanted pets able to sue their masters/owners in court too...lol Imagine that!

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18329 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
vanderfeet, good info man! I guess I didn't research enough. Hate it when that happens!

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links