Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Danzig's final tour... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Danzig's final tour...
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody a fan of Danzig? According to my friend, he had heard that Danzig is planning a final tour, and on this tour he'll have Doyle accompany him for a Misfits set within the concert. After this tour, he's going to go into theatre. Anybody heard anything about this, or moreover, would anybody be willing to go to this concert?

I'm really apprehensive about it myself. I mean, when I was younger, I practically worshipped Glen Danzig (even tried for months to grow my sideburns like his, to no avail of course [Laugh] ), and I still enjoy his first four albums even today (it goes without saying that his Misfits and Samhain material will always be highly regarded as musical gold), but his last three albums just didn't do it for me. He just played the whole satan and hell schtick into the ground, and it just wasn't fun to listen to anymore.

I'd like to see him and Doyle on stage together again, but without Jerry Only I'm not sure if the old magic could get rekindled effectively. And I'd hate to have to endure a bunch of new material just to get to a set of songs that may not be up to par with what he was capable of years ago...

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacey
The Boss Lady
Member # 1699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacey   Author's Homepage   Email Stacey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Lou....... I will have Dennis email you or post something later about this when he gets home.....

Some of that info may be just a little off. Dennis was just talking to me about this last night (and he just talked to someone who knows the whole inside story)

Check this link first and look for the video link-

http://www.azpunk.com

I will have him post or email you later with the details. From my conversation with Dennis, Doyle will not be doing anything without Jerry. I take that back, from Dennis TELLING me, because I was not really that interested to be honest.

I think Glen's ego was hurt very bad when this video hit the net......If you know him at all, you know how bad his ego is.......

--------------------
Stacey
BarefootCamGirls.com

Posts: 478 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacey
The Boss Lady
Member # 1699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacey   Author's Homepage   Email Stacey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, one more thing about that. Dennis said that when he saw Glen at an LA show last year, he played mostly Misfit's songs and sounded better than ever......Even though Dennis can't stand him on a personal level (they almost got into a fight that night too), for him to say that it must have been a good show.

--------------------
Stacey
BarefootCamGirls.com

Posts: 478 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link Stacey. [Smile] [Not Worthy]

Yeah, I'd imagine poor Glen's ego took a pretty strong punch to the gut after this incident, and then again once the video hit the 'net. I only know "of" his ego (being as I don't know him personally), and truth be told I never heard a positive thing about it. As smart as he seems to be, you'd think he would know that pride always comes before a fall. Oh well...

Yeah, that would be excellent if Dennis could clarify some news for me. I appreciate it already. [Smile] [Cool]

The more I think about it, I think it would be nice to get to see Mr. Danzig one last time before he goes into a new field of expression. I had high hopes for his comics, but they were a real disappointment, sadly. I'm not into "theatre", so I won't be keeping up with him there most likely...

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neo
Elite Trooper
Member # 1891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neo   Email Neo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally a FINAL tour! LOL. Its about time for the Jock-Goth-Jim Morrison to retire!

Lou, imagine extreme sarcasm in the tone, just getting a rise out of ya`. [Wink]

--------------------
Steve McQueens` got nothin` on me...........
www.Pinks-Sexy-Feet.com
www.Pinks-Handjobs.com
www.HostileHandjobs.com

Posts: 284 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacey
The Boss Lady
Member # 1699

Haha, good one Neo....I am subject to listening to it by marriage...I do like some of the songs, but when you have a husband that is kind of a fanatic about what he listens too.....one can get a little buggy about it [Hump] [Hump] [Thumbs Up]

and Lou, I told him and he will write as soon as he get's a chance...

--------------------
Stacey
BarefootCamGirls.com

DJ
The Legend
Member # 1698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJ   Author's Homepage   Email DJ       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lou, I am waiting for an email. As soon as I get it, I will let you know exactly what's up with this topic!

--------------------
DJ

Posts: 4159 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neo
Elite Trooper
Member # 1891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neo   Email Neo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stacey, I was subject to watching him open up for bands I actually liked, far too many times to mention. It was like waiting for Bob Wier and `The band` to finish at woodstock 94` for Primus to take the stage.

And YES, I am a wise ass if you havent figured that out yet. No offence, I just like to play rough. [Wink] [Evil Grin]

--------------------
Steve McQueens` got nothin` on me...........
www.Pinks-Sexy-Feet.com
www.Pinks-Handjobs.com
www.HostileHandjobs.com

Posts: 284 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Play rough all you want Neo, because after Danzig 5-7, especially 7, I'm inclined to agree. The ol' boy should've got onto something else besides satanism, because, well, satan and hell stopped being cool after the 80's, and it was only a mild sort of cool then. [Laugh]

I'll get an e-mail out to you as soon as I leave the forum tonight Dennis. [Cool]

And thanks again for giving Dennis the head's up Stacey, and for the link. I told my friend about that link when I saw him earlier this evening, and he's talking about making an animated gif from the footage of Danzig's head taking that hit. [Laugh] He likes Danzig a lot himself, he's just appreciative of things like that for some odd reason. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

solebeit
Board Regular
Member # 1410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solebeit         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if you've seen this, but being a danzig fan, you might not like it. I found it funny. I couldn't find the entire video, but here's the 1 punch ko

-

Posts: 45 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJ
The Legend
Member # 1698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJ   Author's Homepage   Email DJ       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best video to hit the net in a looooong time! Well deserved too!

He is a very smart person and has some great song writing ability, but the guy is just an asshole.

He did sound great at the LA show and I was surprised that the set was about 60% Misfit's songs. Still he is an asshole and always has been. Maybe he will learn a little lesson from that video incident?

--------------------
DJ

Posts: 4159 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my perspective...
Danzig is not fun to watch...TOO BUFF.....lol

MOTHER.......................

Give me Axl rose in his hey day...
Velvet Revolvers...Scott Weiland...

I like the self destructive boys...(Dangerous and Reckless)

Thats rock and roll to me....

PS...I saw Velvet Revolver a couple weeks ago.......THEY WERE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dressed very naughty to that show.... [Wink]

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJ
The Legend
Member # 1698

Well Lou, I got the email I was waiting for and your friend is correct.

This is "supposed" to be his last tour and Doyle will be with him for the entire tour.

I am kind of curious if Danzig will follow through with it though. He was supposed to tour with SuperJoint Ritual last year and backed out at the last minute.

We will see.

--------------------
DJ

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Thanks for the info DJ. [Cool]

Is there a particular reason why Jerry won't be coming along on the tour? I'd wager that he and Danzig have yet to bury a hatchet, but I could be wrong...

If he comes to town, I'll probably go just to say I went. Like I say, I'm not all that ecstatic over Danzig anymore, but I was for years, and it'd be kinda' nice to give the ol' boy a farewell. The Misfits covers would be cool to hear too. But who knows? Maybe that video online will shame him into an indefinite amount of hiding... [Laugh]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

DJ
The Legend
Member # 1698

I think your pretty close Lou. In the response I received, this was addressed very briefly and then moved on to some other non-related talk.

Hey, if you get a chance please email me. Stacey and I have a question about an event coming to your area in a few weeks.

--------------------
DJ

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links