Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Dimebag Darrell

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dimebag Darrell
imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure by know, most of you have heard of what has happened. Now, reason I am posting this is because a few of you here are rock/metal fans, from what I have gathered from other topics. I will be the first to say, that I am not really a Pantera/Damage Plan fan. I have nothing against them, just something I could never really get into. It's sad to see something like this happen, especially at a concert, where people go to enjoy themselves, and get away from all the madness this world is showing us right now. Anyway, just had to post something about it. He was an amazing guitarist. R.I.P. Dimebag [Cry]
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoops now* not know
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soleslurp
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soleslurp   Author's Homepage   Email soleslurp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is very sad what happened .R.I.P. Dimebag
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't a fan of Pantera, but being a studio and stage musician by trade, I can't help but find this kind of story extra unsettling. I perform on stages regularly, and the prospect that some nutjob can just mosey up to the front and open fire on me from the audience is something you never expect to have to think much about. I always used to cite Darrell in guitar circles as one of the more obvious choices of accomplished guitarists who chose to exclusively use solid state amplification rather than tube-driven. Incidents like this one are without reason. I was very sorry to read about the loss.

[Confused]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tasm
Major Player
Member # 3081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasm   Email tasm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard on the news that the killer was upset over the breakup of pantera.

--------------------
women's feet are so awesome!!!!!!

Posts: 148 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't a big Pantera fan, but as an interesting side note they were the house band at a club called "Joe's Garage" back in the early and mid 80's when I was in high school. The club was just down the road from my old neighborhood in Fort Worth and I can remember stories of kids at school partying with the guys in the band before they made a name for themselves!

Sad loss.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToeSucker83
Major Player
Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToeSucker83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP.

CJ, we lost another 6-String Slinger too soon. Can't help but think of Randy! That just leaves Zakk now... Let's hope nothing happens to him.

--------------------
Music is the language of the heart, the sound of the soul. The more we understand it, the deeper the listening experience becomes.

Posts: 206 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for face_pedestal   Email face_pedestal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 21ToeSucker:
RIP.

CJ, we lost another 6-String Slinger too soon. Can't help but think of Randy! That just leaves Zakk now... Let's hope nothing happens to him.

Now, let me first say that I feel bad that dimebag was killed. Not to mention the fans and security that were killed. I think it's a terrible thing.

Personally though, I was never a fan of Pantera, and I never thought he was a great guitarist. You mentioned that we lost another great 6-String Slinger, but what about all of the other deaths that have occured in the metal scene in recent years? Chuck Schuldiner of the band Death died a few years ago, and I don't remember much publicity concerning this. Personally, I think he was a much better guitarist than Dimebag, but more importantly, he was a pivotal figure in the creation of death metal. Another great metal musician to die recently was Quorthon. He was the driving force behind the band Bathory. He pioneered the way for the the whole modern day black metal scene.

Anyway, not to detract from the issue of Dimebag's death, I'm just venting about the lack of attention that has been given many other death's recently in the metal world

--------------------
WhiteMalesAnonymous.com - A survival guide for white males living in the U.S.

Posts: 105 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links