Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » It's NOT Miller Time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's NOT Miller Time
Tweener
Major Player
Member # 1630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweener     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In today's newspaper, I read a disturbing article about a man who was fired from his job as a forklift driver at a distributorship for Miller Brewing Co, or something of that nature. Anybody else see this article? He wasn't fired for running somebody over in the warehouse, or for being continuously late. Nope! He was fired because he was at a party over the weekend, and somebody took a picture of him holding a bottle of Bud Light that appeared in a newspaper. The following Monday, he was called into his boss's office and the manager fired him. The company spokesman's statement tried some lame explanation to the effect that "Our employees should be ambassadors of our company."

Where the fuck did this authority come from? Firing a man who was drinking a competitor's beer ON HIS DAY OFF?? If somebody is working at McDonald's, and they feel like grabbing lunch at Taco Bell when they're off-shift, it's a free goddamn country.

Long story short, those jack-booted nazi fucks at Miller Brewing aren't getting another cent out of me. If that's how they do business, they can join WalMart on my shit list.

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read this too Tweener and had much the same reaction as you did. The company's firing of this man is ridiculous. You make a very valid point with your McDonalds metaphor. In my life I have had several jobs with very big companies (working for a certain rodent here in Orlando Florida for instance), and if I had to worry everytime I went to one of the other area theme parks to feed the dolphins or ride the Jaws ride, well I don't think I could handle that. As for Miller...I think I'll stick with my Corona's thank you.
Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramsfan
The Legend
Member # 1996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramsfan   Email Ramsfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stupid.
Posts: 2853 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, that sucks...

I have a question though, is Miller a unionized company? If not, I hate to say it, but they could fire a guy for picking his nose with a tissue in the restroom if they wanted to and still be justified. I personally hate the whole "at will" employment policies a lot of companies have, but until the workers organize there's nothing we can do. Not saying Unions are the answer, they can go corrupt too, but we definitely need something in this nation to fight for the rights of workers.

Reading this made me think back to an incident with Miller back in '90 or '91 where they fired a man for sexual harassment. All the guy did was talk to a woman about an episode of Seinfeld. In the episode, Jerry didn't know the girl he was dating's name, all he knew is that it rhyned with a part of female genitalia. By the end of the episode, he yelled out "Deloris!", and this female coworker of the man hadn't got the punch line. He wrote the word down on a piece of paper and handed it to her to show which part the name rhymed with, and got fired for it.

Interestingly enough, he sued Miller for a few million dollars over this. The jury was over half female, and they agreed that the man got fired for no good reason, they even moved to have the female co-worker who raised a stink about the incident to begin with pay the man a million dollars out of her own pocket! When I saw that, I just wanted to punch my fist to the sky and say "Girl Power!" [Big Grin] [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tweener
Major Player
Member # 1630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweener     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the article I read, the guy worked for a Miller distributor called CJW. Here's a link to the article that the AP has been using:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/local/10882043.htm?1c

Miller might be unionized but it doesn't sound like this company is, if they fired the guy on the spot.

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your going to get fired for drinking beer..Drink a real beer like San Andreas IPA, Weiss OR Amber ale...BUD LITE ...YUCK!!!! Sissy beer

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link Tweener, but all it lead me to was a sign-up page... [Confused]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sasha:
If your going to get fired for drinking beer..Drink a real beer like San Andreas IPA, Weiss OR Amber ale...BUD LITE ...YUCK!!!! Sissy beer

Every time I think Sasha couldn't possibly impress me more than she already has, she comes up with something like this. Amen Sasha. Well said.
Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sabbath
Major Player
Member # 4844

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sabbath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cutest foot model on eart also knows about good beers and heavy metal!
WHOA! I LOVE YOU
Lol

Posts: 213 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vasduten
Elite Trooper
Member # 2211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vasduten   Email vasduten       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG, I fear that Sasha will all of a sudden reveal that she is, in fact, a man, and I'll scream, and try to run, but as fast as my feet are moving in the caramel that WAS the floor, I can't escape!!! Then I wake up sweating and shaking.
Please don't misconstrue this, Sasha, I am not indicating that you are a man, I'm just saying you are way too man-hip for a girl!!! Your boyfriend must be the luckiest guy on EARTH, to be able to hang out with you, watch football, drink excellent beer while listening to Iron Maiden, and discuss the musings of Ayn Rand...
Good lord, you are too good to be true!

--------------------
I know when I'm licked... all over.

Posts: 401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links