Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » New Batman flick

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Batman flick
hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hott3028   Email hott3028       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about that new Batman movie -- Bale is a great choice. Looks like a return to the glory days of Michael Keaton (and Adam West, just kidding). The only thing I can tolerate from the Kilmer/Clooney years was Alicia Silverstone (still a hot chick with all time beautiful feet).

Anyways, how do you feel about the new Bats?
I'd like to know how our oversees friends in the UK and Australia feel about this summer release.

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new film is going to be called Batman Begins, and it's pretty much a prequel just as you'd expect. It will recount the story of how Bruce Wayne became the caped crusader, only naturally in much more detail than we got in the first film. I'll try and keep an open mind about it right now, but I'll admit that I'm somewhat skeptical about Michael Caine playing the role of Alfred. For those of you who are wondering if there'll be any hot girls in it, I do know that Katie Holmes is definitely on board.

As far the other movies in the series, I thought that Batman was excellent but still had quite a bit of room for improvement. I personally was hoping that it was going to be a much darker & more brooding portrayal of Batman like he was in Frank Miller's Dark Knight comic book. A disturbed vigilante, if you will. In any event it was still a real enjoyable movie. I thought part Batman Returns was pretty much awful, despite Michelle Pfeiffer looking hot in a cat suit. I thought that Batman Forever was an interesting movie mainly due to Val Kilmer's more mature portrayal of the character than we'd previously seen with Keaton. That'd probably be my 2nd favorite of the series. And finally I thought that Batman & Robin was a fun movie to watch but at the same time incredibly campy & goofy mainly due to the silly performance & dialog of Arnold Schwarzenegger. I'll most likely see the new one when it comes out just because I always do, so hopefully it'll be worth the price of the popcorn.

[Smile]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Batman Begins shows a lot of promise. Being a comic book fan from my early childhood, and a film fanatic, I must say I am looking forward to it. As far as the previous Batman films are concerned, I was a fan of the first one, but agree that there was much room for improvement. Specifically that it was really the Joker movie when you think about it. I had hoped we would go deeper into the psyche of Batman, and see what makes him tick, but none of the movies did that well if at all. This film looks to be different in that it is going to do just that. And let's face it, that is the thing that is most interesting about the character anyway. It seems there will be many elements from Frank Millers Year One story line. We will be introduced to a young Leutenant Gordon after newly arriving in Gotham, and seeing first hand how much corruption exists on the police force, while at the same time dealing with the emergence of a masked vigilante. And to top it all off, he's being played by Gary Oldman. How cool is that? Just look at this cast: Christian Bale, Michael Caine (who I for one couldn't be happier about), Ken Wattanabe, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Katie Holmes et all. Christopher Nolan directing. Those of you familiar with Memento, a fantastic flick, should recognize his name. Let's face it, this is the first attempt to make a serious Batman movie with all the correct elements in place, relying on the source material and not re-inventing things needlessly. Yeah, safe to say I am looking forward to this movie.
Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links