Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Anyone sick of ringtone adverts?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone sick of ringtone adverts?
Sam 4 Feet
Major Player
Member # 2222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam 4 Feet   Email Sam 4 Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody find the ringtone adverts to be a little anoying, they are on constantly. The one that does my head in the most is the Sweety chick one and of course the crazy frog.

--------------------
"And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing
mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and
lick up the dust of thy feet . . ." —Isaiah 49:23

Posts: 115 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vasduten
Elite Trooper
Member # 2211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vasduten   Email vasduten       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is grossly unethical. They make it seem so simple, and I'm sure that when one actually is stupid enough to dial the numbers they give, it automatically locks you in for some bogus service, and rips you off. I'd like to know how many unsuspecting douches have gotten stuck up the bum for this one...
Of course, the flip side is that since it is apparently LEGAL, and people are actually vain and stupid enough to go for it, then hey, on some level I wish I was getting paid from that idea.
lol
All these "playas" with their ringtones...
They are so fucking cool that nobody even notices them, and their lives eventually won't amount to JACK SQUAT!!!

--------------------
I know when I'm licked... all over.

Posts: 401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hott3028   Email hott3028       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every commercial on MTV is for those damn ringtone or screensavers. The fine print is funny. Basically you have to mortgage your house to get a stupid ringtone on your phone.

I will admit, I have Jay Z and Snoop ringtones on mine. But I downloaded them from a reputable service.

Vasduten - I bet in a few months these commercials will stop. They are unethical and it's only a matter of time before parents complain and they are taken off the air.

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vasduten
Elite Trooper
Member # 2211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vasduten   Email vasduten       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet the people peddling them know this, and don't care, as long as they can make a few bucks for the time being...
Why is it that everything is so obviously geared towards ripping people off, and the legalese in the fine print is somehow viable as an excuse in court?
It sickens me to the core...
Everybody one deals with, from car dealers, to credit card companies, to your damn cell phone companies... they all have some fine print designed solely to let the thieves who misrepresent these "services" off the hook in a court, and give you no rights whatsoever to defend yourself against something so fraudulent.
It's like: "Oh, you DID sign the customer agreement, so we have every right to fuck your ass. Bend over."
I swear, somewhere over Washington D.C., a fiery rip is appearing in the sky, and hordes of demons are flying through snatching up souls for the dark one...
How much longer must we suffer this bullshit? When "the masses" finally do get mad enough with the wealthy con artists, and begin jumping off the slaughterhouse ramp and stampeding, it will be a sore day.
It would take some major event, some catalyst, to get THAT ball rolling...
I hope to god I'm not anywhere nearby...

--------------------

Posts: 401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam 4 Feet
Major Player
Member # 2222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam 4 Feet   Email Sam 4 Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The actual fine print on some say that when you text the number you subscribe to three ringtones a month and at £1.50 a ringtone it adds up to £4.50 a month, even though its not much there are still thousands of people doing it which is a lot of money for the company. Some people subscribe for one ringtone thinking they are getting one ringtone, they dont relise they are getting more and losing money.

--------------------
"And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing
mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and
lick up the dust of thy feet . . ." —Isaiah 49:23

Posts: 115 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vasduten
Elite Trooper
Member # 2211

Precisely my point, Sam 4 feet.
"Satan laughing spreads his wiiings, Oh lord yeah!"

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links