Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Ever been truly dissapointed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ever been truly dissapointed?
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By something media based (movie, videogame, CD)? It's been happening to me a lot recently. Anyone catch Ocean's 12? Good Lord that sucked. Halo 2 and Fable for the Xbox would have to fall into that list also...not so much that they were bad games, just hyped to a point that they better have been God damned groundbreak for me to enjoy them. Of which neither was. Fable was 13 hrs long and hailed as the best RPG ever (wtf?) and Halo 2 took everything that made Halo incredible (epic battles, single gun all the time, the ultimate pistol, indestructable vehicles, great story) and blew it to hell. I like to be hit with something that I didnt even have my hopes up for (Ninja Gaiden, Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe to name a few) and have it just completely blow me away. Anyone with me on this? Hype ruins things.
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed and agreed again. Hype tends to really ruin things a lot of the time. I can't attest to Halo 2 or Fable being as I don't have an XBox, but I know where you're coming from.

For that matter, look at what get's hyped and what doesn't. I'll never forget the incident reported years back of an E3 show where Sega attended, and hyped that Jurassic Park game to no end for the Genesis. They had huge screens showing off this "plays like it's unfinished" piece of crap, while at the same time Gunstar Heroes was tucked away on a tiny monitor in a corner of the booth! Who the hell made that call? I hope it costed them their job.

For that matter, look at Ikaruga. That game is stellar, and will be an all-time fave as far as I'm concerned, but how many people know about it? It's so sad to see people falling over each other to buy the hyped up stuff while the gems get ignored. I don't think I'll ever figure that out about this society...

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hott3028   Email hott3028       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate all the hype. Thats why maybe a year or two ago I started doing my own thing. Oceans 12 and shit like that doesn't even register on my radar. All these remakes and beefcakes turn me off. I just don't go to the movies anymore. If I catch wind of something cool through the internet or from friends, I check it out. Same thing for music, I seek out shit I like and avoid anything with Matt Damon, George Clooney or Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. No offense to people that are into shitty formula stuff, I just resent it all.

When it comes to videogames, again I just play what I'm into. Don't go by what the experts say in the magazine reviews. They have to sell advertising space, so they rarely tell you if a game sucks.

Hype, Hype, Hype. A good example is EA Sports games. Sure Madden and NBA LIVE are great, but honestly -- those ESPN 2K5 games from Sega are just as good, and I enjoy them more because I only paid $19.99 for them instead of 40 or 50 bucks. You are just paying for the EA Hype. Fuck Madden, Fuck Ashton and Demi, Fuck Joss Stone and Norah Jones, fuck J-Lo.

Sorry for going crazy but I hate all this hype machine shit. Like Mystik said -- they really have put the full court press in the last few years, a movie like American Splendor kicks crap like Oceans 12 in the balls. But the hype tells you to go see Oceans 12, buy the DVD, get the same sunglasses Julia Roberts wore in the movie and stick it all up your ass.

Excuse me, I'm gonna go kill a kitty now.

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see Im not the only one who feels this way. I've desperately been purchasing 80's and 70's rock, along with a lot of underground rap to satisfy my constant hunger for music. I'm gonna rant a little bit, and here it goes:

How the FUCK does Lindsay fucking Lohan make a FUCKING music CD? I HATE THAT GIRL WITH A PASSION. Of all the girls that have emerged recently, she is the one bitch I CAN NOT STAND. It seems as soon as she hit 18 she started dressing all skanked out, appearing nearly nude in every magazine possible, doing as much shit as she can to stay in US Weekly, Entertainment Weekly and all that other gossip shit. She is stuck up to boot. Quote from a magazine interview: "Hillary Duff and Amanda Bynes go to the same clubs I go to, but like, when they do it no one hears about it, but like when Im there, its front page news!" OMG...same thing for Ashlee Simpson, Britney Spears, Nick and Jessica, Jennifer Lopez....Hollywood needs to shove all this crap right up its ass and find people that are worthy of making CD's and movies. Makes me upset that people with actual talent (underground rap) get censored for speaking mindblowing lyrics, while idiots like Lindsay Lohan, Lil Jon and the Eastside Boys, and all that crap gets played on the radio. I dont understand. I needed to get that outta my system for a while...I hate the media.

Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
When it comes to videogames, again I just play what I'm into. Don't go by what the experts say in the magazine reviews. They have to sell advertising space, so they rarely tell you if a game sucks.
Ain't that the truth! I remember watching EGM change their tune over night when it came to the Neo Geo back in the day. At first they were all pissing and moaning about the games being so expensive, with one editor even going so far as to say Magician Lord is "the best game there is or ever will be for the Neo Geo", and this was back in '91 when Magician Lord was a new game! You never saw such asinine or pretentious "predictions" for the other, more advertisement space buying systems.

Then SNK started printing supplements and including them inside issues of EGM. All of a sudden those editors were sitting up on their little hind-legs and singing all kinds of praise for the Neo Geo! [Roll Eyes] Bought and paid for hacks if you ask me...no real opinions of their own...yes-men with keyboards in front of them...pathetic... [Mad]

So much of the media in this country reflects that same attitude. It's bad enough to see it in entertainment, but when it carries over into "news", therefore playing a rather big part in shaping public opinion on certain issues, you'd think it would be a good cause for alarm. Instead, the realization sets in that most people don't want to think things through on their own...they just want to be told what to think is right and wrong. As long as their bellies are full and a good show is on TV, most people wouldn't have a problem believing anything put in front of them... [Cry]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fate111
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fate111   Email Fate111   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with you, mystik! How in the hell some of these people get signed to record deals just blows my mind! What it all amounts to is who is doing the signing these days. Gone are the days where you had actual MUSICIANS and people really into music going out for A&R departments of different record companies and actively looking for groundbreaking and talented bands/artists. Now, you have people with business and marketing degrees going out and doing these jobs and it shows by what record companies have been signing to their labels in the last 10-15 years, IMO. And then they wonder why people aren't buying as many CDs as they used to when it comes to mainstream rock music. It has even gotten to a point where rock stations are going out of business. I just read recently that Phildelphia, the sixth largest radio market out there in the U.S. right now, will soon no longer have a dedicated rock radio station, if they haven't stopped airing already. It just goes to show you right there that the public isn't listening to the crap that these record companies are trying to put out and shove down everyone's throats as music. The audience has stopped listening to their station and, as a result, their ratings have gone down and, ultimately, they lose their sponsors because of it. If that doesn't spell out a problem, I don't know what does!

But, getting back to the topic at hand, hype is also the culprit. Think about how many shows now are dedicated to Hollywood and the "Hollywood lifestyle". Before, all you had was Entertainment Tonight. Now, you have a slew of these same type of shows on TV, and all of them are just nothing more than glorified ads for movies and the celebrities starring in those movies to get more press, more hype, more bullshit, etc., etc., etc. ad mauseum. The entertainment industry has turned into nothing more than a grand media circus, IMO, and, as a result, it's not based on talent anymore, but by how good someone's press agent is.

Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links