Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Who likes comic books?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who likes comic books?
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me *raises hand*

Any other comic book readers in our midst? If so, what are some of your favorite books?

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toyfiend
Elite Trooper
Member # 1767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toyfiend   Author's Homepage   Email toyfiend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hardcore into comics too.
my favorites now are.
the authority
superman-batman
lions tigers and bears
the ultimates
100 girls
daredevil
seven soldiers
wc3
xmen academy
xmen unlimited
spectacular spiderman (in the current storyline he is in france and it's really cool)
any book my ashley wood and warren ellis and joe mad.
and too much stuff to list

Posts: 434 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here!

Some all time favorites:

Watchmen
American Flagg!
Sin City
Dark Knight Returns
Batman Year One
X-Men (the Byrne Claremont years)
Marvels
Kingdom Come
Supreme Power
The Ultimates
Ultimate Spider-Man
Daredevil
Sojourn
From Hell
Miracleman
and well...the list goes on and on. Many, many favs from the late 60's thru the 80's, and several titles I currently read on an ongoing basis.

Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
BTW,Lou love to see some of your work also.
Thanks for the interest Bro. I'll have to go through some of my comic art sometime and see which parts of it I'm least ashamed of! *lol* I'm my own worst critic, probably to a fault. [Big Grin]

I only picked up two books in my comic book run yesterday:
Knights of the Dinner Table #101
Thor of Asgard

About two weeks ago I found Faust #13, a book I've been waiting about four years for to come out.

How often do you go comic book buying? I used to go once or twice a week back before I got married and had money. Now that I'm divorced and broke most of the time I only get to go every so often, but still, old habits die hard. [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam 4 Feet
Major Player
Member # 2222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam 4 Feet   Email Sam 4 Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You probably have never heard of these comic books if youre from the usa but used to read the beano and the dandy which had denice the menace and desperate dan

--------------------
"And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing
mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and
lick up the dust of thy feet . . ." —Isaiah 49:23

Posts: 115 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Sam 4 Feet:
You probably have never heard of these comic books if youre from the usa but used to read the beano and the dandy which had denice the menace and desperate dan

You're right, I haven't heard of these books Sam, but the titles sound interesting. What are they about? [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Tony The Shredder
The Legend
Member # 2912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony The Shredder   Author's Homepage   Email Tony The Shredder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be a hardcore comic book freak. I used to collect Excalibur, X-Men, West Coast Avengers and Spawn.

--------------------
Tony

President of The Sexy Lexi Fan Club,
and CEO of Foot Soldiers International, LLC

Posts: 3660 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2 X 4
Major Player
Member # 2886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2 X 4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much. I am a huge American Splendor fan, and I mostly dig the late '60s-early '70s undergrounds such as Zap and one I've only seen excerpts of so far: Rick Griffin's Man From Utopia.
Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

American Splendor, that's Harvey Pekar's work isn't it? If so, I used to really enjoy his articles in the now defunct "Weirdo" magazine. [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Sam 4 Feet
Major Player
Member # 2222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam 4 Feet   Email Sam 4 Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how to quote so I will just answer lous question.

The Beano and Dandy arent just about a specific person or thing like a super hero, but has many storys inside each one, they were sort of rival comics so in the beano the story with the biggest content and the one most people liked was denice the meanace. Not the Denice the menace that pissed mr wilson off but one that wore red and black striped jumper black afro and had a dog called nasher.
Im sure u can find internet versions using google.
if i find a good site ill post it.

--------------------

Posts: 115 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam 4 Feet
Major Player
Member # 2222

One website that will give you some info on the beano is www.beanotown.com

--------------------

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Sam 4 Feet:
One website that will give you some info on the beano is www.beanotown.com

Thanks for the link Sam. [Smile]

The only European comics that I've seen a lot of are the Judge Dredd comic books, and even they're pretty scarce anymore. Beanotown looks pretty interesting. The art reminds me of Tin Tin a little bit. Never saw the Tin Tin comics, but I used to watch the cartoon every-so-often on HBO. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links