Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Top Comic Book Artist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Top Comic Book Artist
Tony The Shredder
The Legend
Member # 2912

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Tony The Shredder   Author's Homepage   Email Tony The Shredder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the home office in Roc City, here are my Top 10 Comic Book Artists of All Time.

10. Erik Larsen
9. George Perez
8. Whilce Portacio
7. Rob Liefeld
6. Jim Lee
5. Walt Simonson
4. Alan Davis
3. Mark Bagley
2. John Byrne
1. Todd McFarlane

[ April 07, 2005, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Tony The Shredder ]

--------------------
Tony

President of The Sexy Lexi Fan Club,
and CEO of Foot Soldiers International, LLC

Posts: 3660 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoooaaaa Nellie! Damn Bro, if I started naming names now, I could go for a few hours...I grew up thinking of comic artists in the same vein as most people think of sports stars or favorite actors and musicians. I'm gonna want to add to this later on, most definitely, but for now, let me say the name of the man who is my top one...

Richard Corben

I bought a magazine at a garage sale back when I first started collecting comics called Comix International #1 for a mere 50 cents. I grabbed it because it was #1, and I figured "Hey, this is gotta go up in value!"

I wouldn't part with that book for all the gold in Fort Knox now...all the book was was a collection of short horror stories Richard Corben did the art for, but it literally blew me away. Looking at that book, I knew then and there that my feeble little chicken-scratchings had to improve...I was 10 years old at the time...and to this day, it's like Mr. Corben is this spiritual instructor cracking a bamboo stick over my shoulders when I sit down to draw saying "You can do better than that boy!" I think I'm always going to try to be as good as him. Of course, in my eyes, I don't think I ever will be, but basically I'll always be trying to be.

Whoa....way past my bed-time! [Eek!]

Great topic Brother Tony, I'll be back to add to it later. [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony The Shredder
The Legend
Member # 2912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony The Shredder   Author's Homepage   Email Tony The Shredder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lou... see ya.

--------------------
Tony

President of The Sexy Lexi Fan Club,
and CEO of Foot Soldiers International, LLC

Posts: 3660 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alrighty then, here are some of my favorite comic book artists (aside from Richard Corben), and in no particular order...

Tetsuo Hara
Masashi Tanaka
Yukito Kishiro
Wong Yuk Long
Andy Seto
Robert Crumb
Robert Williams
Tim Vigil
Joseph Michael Linsner
John Findley
Ernie Chan
John Howard
Jay Anacleto
Dennis Crabapple McCloud
Howie Dard
Giovanna Cassotto
Franco Saudelli
Don Martin
Rumiko Takahashi
Frank Frazetta
Simon Bisley
James Burchett
Todd McFarlane
Howard Cruse
S. Clay Wilson

And a bunch more I'm drawing blank on at the moment.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2 X 4
Major Player
Member # 2886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2 X 4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mostly underground comix types, such as R. Crumb, Victor Moscoso, and the late great Rick Griffin.
Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by 2 X 4:
Mostly underground comix types, such as R. Crumb, Victor Moscoso, and the late great Rick Griffin.

Rick Griffin was awesome! [Thumbs Up] I used to love to sit and "get lost" in his wordless stories in those old Zap Comix when I was a kid (too young to be reading the things, so I used to sneak my dad's). It was cool that he became a Christian toward the end of his career, and traggic about his motorcycle accident.

R.I.P. Rick Griffin [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

wvcple2003
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wvcple2003   Email wvcple2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be into the older (circa 1988-1991), Conan the Barb comics, the black and white mags,,and there was one artist that used to do wonders to the pages, but I can't remember his name. n e 1 got a clue whom im talkin about?
Posts: 1061 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by wvcple2003:
I used to be into the older (circa 1988-1991), Conan the Barb comics, the black and white mags,,and there was one artist that used to do wonders to the pages, but I can't remember his name. n e 1 got a clue whom im talkin about?

I think you're talking about Ernie Chan. He was always my favorite Conan artist. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

wvcple2003
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wvcple2003   Email wvcple2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Lou, Ernie was it. I enjoyed the older versions of conan in b&w a lot more than the newer ones that they had in color. I also remember that Ernie and the rest of the crew used to do small dramas in the last coupla pages after the main story that i also enjoyed very much.
Posts: 1061 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by wvcple2003:
Thank you Lou, Ernie was it. I enjoyed the older versions of conan in b&w a lot more than the newer ones that they had in color. I also remember that Ernie and the rest of the crew used to do small dramas in the last coupla pages after the main story that i also enjoyed very much.

Oh yeah, after reading the B&W Conan magazines, the colored comics were only mediocre at best. Don't get me wrong, some of the comics were pretty sweet, but to me Conan just looked natural in B&W, not to mention the stories getting a tad bit racier in the magazines. Ol' Conan got layed plenty in the magazines, and if he wasn't bedding down some lovely wenches, he was racking up the body counts. He was quite the role model for me in my youth. [Laugh]

Another thing about those magazines that was cool were the pin-up drawings that usually filled the front and back inside covers. There was one, in issue #109 if memory serves, of him fighting these three barefoot leopard girls. Ernie Chan didn't draw this particular one, but whoever did knew his anatomy! Those girls were smokin'! [Mmm]

And while I'm at it, what about those covers? Is it me, or did it seem like whenever a girl was on the cover along with Conan, she was always barefoot? Gotta love that fantasy world...violence, violence, barefoot girls, and more violence! Damn, I miss those days...

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links