Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Yo CJ!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yo CJ!
Yates
All Pro Poster
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yates   Email Yates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey bro, have you heard these yet? If not, take a listen and tell me what you think.

I think they need to put out an album and a dvd of nothing but cover tunes...rock!

Dream Theater - The number of the beast
Dream Theater - Master of Metallica

p.s. downloaded and tested.

Posts: 500 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoleLove2
Major Player
Member # 3004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoleLove2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Master Of Metallica?

I think you mean Master Of Puppets. I saw a video of it live, and even though LaBrie's vocals arent my favorite on it, Petrucci MORE than makes up for it.

[Joint]

--------------------
You know so much about nothing at all.
-=+SoleLove+=-

Posts: 204 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yates
All Pro Poster
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yates   Email Yates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoleLove2:
Master Of Metallica?

I think you mean Master Of Puppets. I saw a video of it live, and even though LaBrie's vocals arent my favorite on it, Petrucci MORE than makes up for it.

[Joint]

lol, hey I didn't name it.

I think Labrie done a killer job, as did every one else. Great stuff!

Posts: 500 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yates:
Hey bro, have you heard these yet?

Yep, I'm familiar with both of those, Yates. There's a weekly heavy metal radio show that I listen to based here in NYC and Mike Portnoy is frequently one of the guests who comes into the studio hang out during the show, so they've played some of those live cover tracks from those Dream Theater covers a number of times. Incidentally James LaBrie was also a guest in the last few weeks. So far they've only covered those two albums (The Number of the Beast & Master of Puppets) but Mike expressed interest that they may consider doing some other ones as well when they tour. Basically that's something they used to do on occasions when they've booked more than one night in any given city. They'd take the last night aside and use that one to do the full album cover set instead of doing their original stuff. It's an interesting concept and they certainly do it very well, but personally if I paid to see Dream Theater and they ended up playing Metallica all night I'd be pissed. LOL!

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yates
All Pro Poster
Member # 5391

What station is that? I have XM and I want to see if I can listen to it.

Yeah, I would be pissed as well. lol

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yates:
What station is that? I have XM and I want to see if I can listen to it.

The show (Friday Night Rocks) broadcasts on FM radio here in NYC on its flagship station Q104.3 (WAXQ) every Friday night from 11 PM - 2 AM EST, and you can all stream the broadcast live by going to www.q1043.com and clicking on where it says "Listen Live". But if you have XM, then you also have the extra treat of getting to hear a Saturday night show as well (Saturday Night Rocks), which broadcasts exclusively on XM on channel 41 from 8 PM till midnight EST on Saturdays. So be sure to check out either one if you're into classic metal. I'll be listening tonight, as always.

[Cool]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yates
All Pro Poster
Member # 5391

great bro!...I'm going to tune in.

Thanks CJ!

SoleLove2
Major Player
Member # 3004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoleLove2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, ok... thats the album name, i thought you meant it was a song.

:-P

--------------------
You know so much about nothing at all.
-=+SoleLove+=-

Posts: 204 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links