Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » star wars episode lll (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: star wars episode lll
feet lover/chris
The Legend
Member # 2048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feet lover/chris   Author's Homepage   Email feet lover/chris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't know about the rest of you but i am looking forward to see the third installment of the star wars series.this one looks much better than the first two
Posts: 3236 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So am I.
Although Iīm not as excited about it as I was when I was a kid and watched the first three parts in the cinema. I remember that Return of the Jedi blew my mind when I first saw it, I was sooooo excited!

I think Episode 3 is going to be the best one when it comes to special FX. The computer animations in Episode 1 weren`t that good (in my opinion), but they were already much better in Episode 2. So they`ll probably be mind boggling in the new movie.

I also heard the atmosphere is supposed to be more dark and gloomy than in the first two episodes. Sounds good to me -- hopefully there won`t be too much romance [Wink]
And it features my favourite Star Wars character, Darth Vader. So Iīm deffo looking forward to watching it.

-Hal-

-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elzbennet
Feature Foot Model
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elzbennet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hereīs my honest opinion. I have never been a fan of Star Wars, i am more a Star Trek (original movies and series) kind of gal. But in my point of view, The first 3 movies with Harrison Ford are far better than these. The actors had more quality. The new ones look like they should be in kindergarten and the films are boring! Special effects are a very nice thing but when thatīs the only positive point in a movie, then i prefer the less spectacular films but that actually had some personality and interest.
The third movie? [Roll Eyes] I think i wonīt see it, unless my brother begs on his knees.
[Kiss]

--------------------
Elz

Posts: 937 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
then i prefer the less spectacular films but that actually had some personality and interest.
Same here --- those are the kind of movies I like best. Indepth movies with good acting and great plots. Usually movies that are produced by independent film makers and are missing Hollywood cliches.
But inbetween I also like watching a good sci-fi or action movie, nearly regardless of the idiotic plot. Probably because I was infected with those kind of movies as a child. And Iīm a SFX freak, so Iīll even watch "Independence Day" or "The Day After" for the effects, even though the stories are the worst ever!

Besides, there haven`t been many good plots or stories in sci-fi movies since the 60s/70s. (prove me wrong, please)

-Hal-

[ May 17, 2005, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Hal ]

--------------------

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking forward to seeing Star Wars III, but mainly to provide some closure to the saga and fill in the missing pieces. I was a huge fan of the original Star Wars having seen it in the theater back in 1977, and I also regard the sequel The Empire Strikes Back on equal footing. I found Return of the Jedi to be somewhat watered down (Ewoks & all) but still enjoyable, and it was the last film from the series that I saw in the movie theater back in 1983. Unfortunately both films that have come out since that point have more or less been drivel in my opinion. I should mention that I'm not a fan of computer-generated graphics in sci-fi films, so perhaps that in large part accounts for my dissatisfaction with Phantom Menace & Attack of the Clones, but it was certainly the writing as well. I wish it had been made back in the 1980s, but I'm still hopeful that Revenge of the Sith will at least offer a cool glimpse into Anakin's transformation into Darth Vader. At the very least, the popcorn will rock!

[Cool]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

"At the very least, the popcorn will rock!"

[Laugh] [Laugh] [Laugh]

Yeah, that`s also what I usually think when I just come out of a bad movie. At least the popcorn was good.

But I really like computer animated effects. Movies have come a long way since Tron or Star Trek II. It`s an art form, in my opinion.

-Hal-

--------------------

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elzbennet:
Hereīs my honest opinion. I have never been a fan of Star Wars, i am more a Star Trek (original movies and series) kind of gal. But in my point of view, The first 3 movies with Harrison Ford are far better than these. The actors had more quality. The new ones look like they should be in kindergarten and the films are boring! Special effects are a very nice thing but when thatīs the only positive point in a movie, then i prefer the less spectacular films but that actually had some personality and interest.
The third movie? [Roll Eyes] I think i wonīt see it, unless my brother begs on his knees.
[Kiss]

That's pretty much my opinion too Elz. Not knocking you Bro's who are anxious to see Episode III, but it's not really got me all that excited. To me, Episodes IV and V were the best Star Wars movies I've ever seen. Once the Ewoks cluttered in it all just seemed to get more kiddy and family-oriented than trying to tell a decent sci-fi story. Too much anime and sentai shows have spoiled me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrmustard
Major Player
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrmustard   Email mrmustard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the movie: it was fucking great.
Posts: 110 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mrmustard:
I saw the movie: it was fucking great.

Why can't Ebert & Roeper be that succinct? [Big Grin]

That's good to hear that you enjoyed it! So far it seems to be getting all sorts of favorable fan reviews today, so I'll check it out this weekend with an open mind and an optimistic spirit. But I'll be getting the extra large popcorn bucket just in case.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

P.S. - I always get the extra large anyway! hehe

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Damn, apparently people really like Star Wars III because the official word just came off the AP wire that two copies of the film have already begun circulating on various file sharing networks, namely BitTorrtent. Apparently they were uploaded to the network just hours after the film opened across the country this morning. Based on the time stamp that appears on one of the copies, it's believed that the leak came from inside the industry rather than from somebody who shot a bootleg version inside the theaters. Don't worry though, I'm still going to pay my ten bucks to go see it in the movie theater this weekend. I want my popcorn, dammit!

[Laugh]

Calico Jack

footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footspy   Author's Homepage   Email footspy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm boycotting the film until George Lucas releases the original theatrical cuts of the original trilogy on DVD. I know that my not seeing the film won't make a difference but I ain't giving him any more money until he releases the original trilogy in their original form.
Posts: 1750 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feet lover/chris
The Legend
Member # 2048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feet lover/chris   Author's Homepage   Email feet lover/chris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just saw episode3 lucas really new what he was doin when he made this movie.he tied it in real well with episode4.
Posts: 3236 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

quote:
he tied it in real well with episode4
Yeah, I also thought so (watched it yesterday), although some of it is quite cheesy and also a bit short. I would have preferred to see more of Darth Vader, for example.
It`s also the most brutal Star Wars episode, don`t you think? Not really suitable for younger kids.

-Hal-

--------------------

wvcple2003
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wvcple2003   Email wvcple2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched it. Loved it. Didn't live up to the LOR trilogy tho. Thank You. Out!
Posts: 1061 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JayArr
Major Player
Member # 2229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JayArr   Email JayArr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually take a slightly different view of the prequels. While not even I would go as far as to state they are of the same calibre as the original trilogy (certainly not Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back), they are definitely an interesting breed in their own right. George Lucas said as far back as 1981 that Episodes I-III would be more complex and Machiavellian than Episodes IV-VI; the original trilogy is therefore your basic "good vs evil" story with simple heroes and villains and humourous banter while the prequel trilogy is more complex, darker and filled with more stoical characters living in a morally ambiguous universe.

To be honest, Lucas has made some awkward decisions ever since he decided that a single film (i.e. Star Wars in 1977) couldn't possibly contain all of his ideas. If you want my humble opinion in full, Return of the Jedi is a joke of a movie that none of the prequels have come CLOSE to repeating. The problem with that film is this: it fuses some of the saga's best and most dramatic moments (i.e. all the Luke and Luke/Vader stuff) with categorically the saga's suckiest (i.e. Ewoks). Furthermore, the Death Star is recycled. The whole thing wreaks of unimaginative, "by the numbers" plotting. At least in The Phantom Menace, the often-berated Gungans assembled themselves into a proper army and fought the enemy with Sci-Fi-ish shielding technology and not just f*cking rocks!

So, what did I think of Revenge of the Sith? Quite a lot, actually: the best prequel of the bunch! I loved the opening space battle, Palpatine's manipulation of Anakin and his Faustian fall and the epic lightsabre duels. This film had some truly spine tingling moments. Was it perfect? No! Nothing crafted by human minds could ever be - least of all Lucas' space opera. But Revenge of the Sith is what it is: a worthy entry and concluding chapter in the greatest cinematic saga of all time.

Posts: 126 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links