Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Corel Draw - Anybody Have Experience With This?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Corel Draw - Anybody Have Experience With This?
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corel Draw was very famous, a long time ago. It seems to have lost some of it's luster over the past few years, though it hasn't lost much of that pricey tag.

They are up to version twelve now and are bundling it with a "Corel Draw Suite". Does anybody have any experience with Corel Draw products? If so, are they worth the money?

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleddogg
All Pro Poster
Member # 881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleddogg         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Ben... Only have a minute before I have to head for the harbor, but here's my .002---

Last ver. of Corel Draw I used was 8.0, so I can't comment on its more current usefulness. In my experience, 8 was pretty fair overall... some good tools there. If I recall correctly, really had to watch when instaling it though, as it wanted to take over virtually all file assosciations. All in all, although Draw was useful, I found myself using Adobe and Macromedia tools more often, even tho they weren't as well integrated with one another at the time... Mainly because I was more used to them, and Draw was (on my machine at the time) occasionally unstable (i.e. it would lock up at times). I'd say that Draw is worth a try tho... Gotta say that Draw gives ya one heck of a set of clip-art... that's for sure! ;-)

Have you considered PaintShop Pro? Or Deneba Canvas? Or Adobe CS (there's a trial ver. available, I believe).

Good luck!

Posts: 521 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Sleddogg -

Thanks so much for the excellent information and perspectives. I use Paint Shop Pro quite a bit. Canvas was confusing to me so I didn't get far with it. Your experience with Corel Draw - version 8 was right from the time I was talking about. It's when Corel Draw was highly heralded. So your post and comments are very timely.

One of the reasons I began to wonder about Corel Draw is that those guys now own Paint Shop Pro. Version 8 was the last "Jasc" version of the software and it's Corel from now on; beginning with (the current) version 9, which I do own.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links