Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Hurricanes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hurricanes
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all. Packing up as we speak, but it's been a pretty damn busy hurricane season. Im in Houston, Texas, and will be out of here by 8 AM tomorrow. Heading to Dallas. It's been very uneasy over here. People are confused and scared and stuff, its been 22 years since we were last hit by a hurricane, which was Alicia. It's been upgraded to a category 4, so we're looking at winds anywhere from 120-150 when it hits here Saturday. All schools are closed, and everyones leaving town, including me. Stupid hurricanes need to stop pestering us. [Violent] This is crap.
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killa
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have family down there. good luck. stay safe

--------------------
College girl amateur foot shoots

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup..wouldn't want all that wind blowing Mystique's toe-nail polish off would we?hehe..good to see you are heading north and will be safe dude..good luck!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18374 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm right by Corpus Christi, Texas.
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mona
Foot Model
Member # 8351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mona   Email Mona   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had this image of isabel on my screensaver a while ago,i wonder what rita looks like from this angle

-

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1120 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up here in Fort Worth I've seen reports that we may get up to 10" of rain from that storm but I don't see how that could be accurate. I have a buddy that lives in Houston too, but I don't know if he's gonna try and be a fool and ride it out. With traffic moving at 1 MPH going out of Houston its probably a little late to try and make a run for it.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daemoness
Major Player
Member # 1980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daemoness   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i bet some people that went over there after katrina are going to have some serious paranoia after all this. it's like the hurricanes are following them so they might go a little crazy. some of them might anyway =/

--------------------
 -

^_^ Daemonessfeet@gmail.com ^_^

Posts: 225 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im in Dallas now. Took us 14 hours to get here. We took I-10, to 77 to I-35. Mystique came with me along with the rest of my family. People cant leave anymore, as it takes them 4+ hours just to get out of Houston. Many are running out of gas, others just giving up and turning around. Im just glad Im here already, in a hotel and safe. Ill keep you guys posted. Hopefully it doesnt cause as much damage...
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My pal in Houston sent his wife and kids up here to stay with her folks while he's staying at the house in Katy. He's pretty confident that he'll be fine there, but I hope he's got plenty of candles, non perishable food, and a good book to read if the power goes out. That is, I assume, if there isn't any major flooding where he is after the storm hits...

Glad you made it to Dallas. In the news those friggen highways looked like parking lots. I just gassed up this afternoon figuring that gas prices are going to skyrocket again and of course the stations are running out of gas all over the place. Hopefully the storm won't do too much damage to the area and everyone will be able to return home soon.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fate111
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fate111   Email Fate111   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, this hurricane season has been insane. I hate to say it though, but the U.S., with a few exceptions, has been fairly fortunate with regards to hurricanes for quite a number of years now. Yes, you usually have one in a season that will go through an area and will do a significant amount of damage, but the last couple of years have really been bad.

It all has to do with natural changes in climate. I saw an interview on TV with a guy who studies hurricanes, the data from each, climate changes from year to year, etc. right at the beginning of the hurricane season in the Atlantic. He said we're currently in a climate pattern that mimics the late 1950s and early 1960s as far as weather data goes and he predicted a lot of activity this year, as well as three to four major hurricanes. The Atlantic Ocean's water temperature has been unusually warm the last few years and, of course, that makes it a breeding ground not only for hurricanes to form, but to gain strength in a hurry and maintain that strength for the most part. Hurricane Katrina was a wake up call to a degree to let the whole country know just how devastating the power of hurricanes can be with the area of destruction it left, the amount of deaths it caused and bringing a major city like New Orleans to its knees.

The thing that really alarms me the most is that the eastern seaboard north of Virginia has not really seen a major hurricane in about 20 years. I'm from the northeast U.S. and the last major hurricane to hit here was Gloria back about 20 years ago. I hate to say it, but we are way overdue for another major one. And, if these same weather patterns hold up for another year or two, I predict the northeast will get hit in a major way as well. I really hope that doesn't happen but, like I said, we're way overdue.

Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Well Houston hadnt had a hurricane in over 20 years. Since 1983. We supposedly get hit by one every 20 years. Supposedly they are now looking at all of the cities that are especially vulnerable to hurricanes. Houston being one of them, and New York being another. Im still in Dallas, waiting until the mayor tells everyone that its safe to go back.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links