Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » America In Concert - Outstanding!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: America In Concert - Outstanding!
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I went to see America live (in Tacoma) and it was a great concert.

Dewey Bunnell and Gerry Beckley looked great and both sounded just like they always have. They played all their hits and they played them just like they did on the records. They also did a cover version of "You're Gonna Lose That Girl" (Beatles) and "California Dreaming", with Bunnell on lead vocals. These covers were GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd forgotten how great this band was and how significant they were, in the overall scheme of things. Going to this concert helped me realize and remember why this was.

They stayed around and set up a booth, where you could get autographs and shake hands with them. I bought a Tshirt, CD and a few other things at the booth, all autographed and it was an honor to meet these guys.

[ October 17, 2005, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Ben Del Amitri ]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleddogg
All Pro Poster
Member # 881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleddogg         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet!
I always liked them too.
Only real concert I've ever been to was years ago... Saw Kenny Loggins (at Red Rocks {Colo})... It was an awesome evening... great show.

[ October 17, 2005, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: sleddogg ]

Posts: 521 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked a lot of America's hit songs like "Ventura Highway" and "Horse With No Name." I have the greatest hits CD, but I was wondering if there is any other studio album you might recommend that is consistently good all the way through?

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm one of the multitude of people who own the greatest hits CD and never get tired of listening to it. For me, America always had a sound that made me feel instantly nostalgic even when those songs were brand new. Great band, great songs, great memories.
Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell ledaemon -

I liked all those albums, but I guess the one that really sticks out for me was / is "Holiday". It's the album with "Tin Man", "Hollywood", "Old Man Took", and others. It was produced by George Martin and it's one of those album-oriented-music projects, one that listens well all the way through.

They used to name all of their albums with the letter "H". Horse With No Name, Homecoming, Hat Trick, Hideaway, Holiday, Harbor, even their greatest hits album, which they (cleverly) named "History". Somewhere along the way they stopped doing this but it was interesting to me.

I also love the album "View From The Ground", which had the hit "You Can Do Magic", but all the non-hits on this album were great, really great.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

quote:
Originally posted by IAmSpartachris:
I'm one of the multitude of people who own the greatest hits CD and never get tired of listening to it. For me, America always had a sound that made me feel instantly nostalgic even when those songs were brand new. Great band, great songs, great memories.

Hello IAmSpartaChris -

You said it! I think the first "slow dance" I ever did with a girl (in Junior High) was to the song "I Need You", and I can remember VIVIDLY, the first time I heard those opening acoustic guitar notes from "Ventura Highway", coming over the car radio.

Another thing is that I'd forgotten how many hits these guys had - and how great the non-hits were! I've already dug out the CDs and records and begun revisiting all this material.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links