Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Merry Christmas?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Merry Christmas?
wvcple2003
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wvcple2003   Email wvcple2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wife works for a Wal-Mart in our area and told me something funny,yet disturbing, just a second ago. Wal-Mart employees are no longer able to wish a customer "Merry Christmas", due to legal difficulties that may occur if said customer sued Wal-Mart over religious differences. Bull-fuckin-shit. If a cashier wished me a Happy Hanakuh,(spelling?), I would politely tell them I'm christian, and I celebrate Christmas, but thank you anyway;No offense taken. But I guess assholes will sue over anything nowadays.
Posts: 1061 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a simple "Happy Holidays" would be generic enough to keep most folks from going ballistic.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wvcple2003
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wvcple2003   Email wvcple2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually Ledaemon they are now required to say, "Happy Seasons"! But on a further note, another employee told the wife that he would enact the 'Freedom of Speech' right, and say what the fuck he wanted to say to customers; which would be 'Merry Christmas"!
Posts: 1061 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the fuck...I was in my Systems class the other day and saw a timeline that said the words B.C.E. Before Common Era. Yeah...its no longer Before Christ. Its a bunch of fucking horse shit. I HATE people who do that crap...if you dont believe it fine. But dont make everyone change it because of YOU.
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockbass
Loyal Member
Member # 6012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockbass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mystik:
I HATE people who do that crap...if you dont believe it fine. But dont make everyone change it because of YOU.

On the same token though with the BC, if somebody doesn't believe it why should they have to address it as such? Why should it be known as the standard? I dunno just my thought.
Posts: 93 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose saying "Happy Festivus" would be out of the question too...lol!

Society is becoming so politically correct that it's crazy. Next thing you know we won't be able to say "bless you" or even "God bless you" when someone sneezes. Mark my words, that day is coming.

Bondo

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vineofthorns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's obserd,imagine a convo with somone going like "yea I was fired from walmart for saying merry christmas"give it 5 years and walmart won't be allowed to carry artificial trees lol..
This kinda reminds me of when I was living 25 miles from manhattan ina mid westchester town for a good decade where there was a large population of jewish people,and a lot of the people on the school board were jewish and the school "holiday" shows didn't allow the songs "12 days of christmas",silent night,etc,and no class was allowed to have a christmas tree or a mainjor,but were allowed to have pics of draydels and manorahs.during easter you couldn't give kids hot cross buns(a catholic thing I think),but you could matza.
On some levels I think its facinating that after 100s of years of christianity opressing all other religions that now @ times it seems christianity gets opressed.

Posts: 924 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links