Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Serenity DVD (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Serenity DVD
Professor_White
Loyal Member
Member # 3799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Professor_White   Email Professor_White   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm counting on the special edition of this film to be coming out soon. It just screams we're gonna rip you guys off. Plus I think another country already got the 2 disc special editon so we know they made one. So give it another few months and it will be out... the bastards. It sucks too because Serenity was one of my favorite films of the year and the only way to describe it is... it's star wars with an actually well written script and isn't based on the CGI.
I'm sick of studio's always ripping off fans with these rushed low grade DVDs then in afew months they release the real DVD so they can get us to buy their movies twice. Well, not this time. I'll wait. [Smile] This film is so great that I'll wait for the proper version. But for those of you who haven't seen it and want to see what the rest of us are talking about then it's worth a rent. [Smile]

--------------------
 -
"style is like salt... too much can ruin everything"

Posts: 57 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I was counting on Firefly to exist only in it's original form. Just 13 episodes that I would be left to watch over and over with no hope of ever seeing this cast I love so much again. So I will take my Serenity any way I can get it.

Now I have read several interviews with Joss Whedon where he has been asked if he will be releasing a directors cut of the film, and he is adamant that he will not be doing that. He says that the final cut that was in theaters WAS the directors cut, and he will not be adding any new scenes just to justify releasing a special edition.

Now as for what that means as far as a 2 disc set with tons of extras? Who knows. But I am thrilled to own my copy of this amazing movie. And if I have to buy another edition in a few months, then that is fine too. Remember, the more DVD sales, the better the chance that we will see a sequel. So reconsider that purchase will ya?

And to those of you who didn't get around to seeing this in theaters, do yourself a favor. Pick it up and take it home. You'll be glad you did. It's shiny.

Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went and bought it as soon as I got off work yesterday, and have seen it twice so far...and honestly, I don't see how a better version of it could come out. This release has the movie (of course), the deleted scenes, the out-takes, some extra goodies (interviews, special effects secrets, etc)...unless they take the deleted scenes and put them back in the film, I don't see how a better version could come along.

Of course, if a re-release happens, I'll be there with cash in hand. [Laugh] But for now, Brother Professor_White, you'd really be doing yourself a favor to go and pick this release up. Be sure to get the wide screen edition!

quote:
Remember, the more DVD sales, the better the chance that we will see a sequel.
I sure hope so Brother IAmSpartachris! I understand that it's #1 at amazon.com, and has been in that spot for days even before the release (all the preorders). It was looking pretty scarce at Wal-Mart when I went and got it yesterday, with it's numbers dwindling right along-side the other new releases that lined the shelves...so that to me is a pretty good sign. I believe that this is going to be another Matrix...that is, not doing what they hoped for at the box office, but cleaning house once it came to DVD.

Folks, if you missed this masterpiece at the theatres, go see it now on DVD! Rent it first if you're apprehensive, but this movie sells itself. One viewing and you'll see what all the fuss is about!

I just got through watching this movie with my father, and this man is even more of a cynic than me (and I'm a cynic from hell)! In fact, if history is any indication, he'll tend to dislike something especially if I like it! EVEN HE couldn't criticize this movie, and he even asked me if I knew whether or not a sequel was in the works...that is, after he sat and saw the movie and ALL the bonus goodies too! [Big Grin]

Let's be bad guys!

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two more converts as of this weekend!

Everybody was gathered at my parents' house for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so I took the opportunity to throw Serenity into the DVD player. Dad had zero qualms with seeing this great movie again, and naturally I didn't mind seeing it again either.

There was too much commotion in the house and too many people talking to really crank up the volume without being rude, but just going on the visuals alone plus a minimal amount of sound both of my uncles got hooked!

"I don't know why I never heard of this! This is a good movie!" one uncle said, then said how he was going to buy it himself as soon as he got back home to Georgia. This uncle seemed really partial to Inara. [Big Grin]

The other uncle begged me to let him borrow it so he could copy it, but I had to stand my ground and tell him that it's important that people pony up the cash on this...we gotta work for a sequel on this...I hope he understands.

Oh, and to the people who bought this DVD, have you folks found an Easter Egg? If not, go to the main menu, and on the top left option, press left on the remote. An area to the right middle of the screen will light up, then press enter. You'll get the "Fruity Oatey Bar" commercial complete, with some behind the scenes stuff on it and another interview with Joss Whedon. How cool is that? [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally saw this film. Got the 50inch fired up with the surround.. The movie was fun!! I loved it!

[ December 28, 2005, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: Sasha ]

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleddogg
All Pro Poster
Member # 881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleddogg         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ July 22, 2007, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: sleddogg ]

Posts: 521 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Sasha:
I finally saw this film. Got the 50inch fired up with the surround.. The movie was fun!! I loved it!

Glad you finally got to see it Sasha! Even more glad to hear that you liked it so much! [Kiss]

quote:
Originally posted by sleddogg:
Hey, we just watched this DVD the other night and we loved it too... a great flick! And the 'surround sound' is indeed awesome! My ears are still ringin'.

Glad you enjoyed it too Brother sleddogg! [Cheers]

In case y'all are wanting more of this fine ensemble of characters and cool settings, the Sci-Fi channel is going to have a Firefly marathon come January 6 of next year, showing 12 of the 14 episodes made.
http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3?date=6-JAN-2006&feed_req

12 straight hours of one of the most bad-assed shows ever made! Gotta like that! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Wu II - Phil
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wu II - Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

50 inch eh? Superbowl party at Sasha's house! [Big Grin]

Wu

P.S. Go Raiders!!! [Joint]

--------------------
www.wusfeetlinks.com

Posts: 1520 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wu:
quote:

50 inch eh? Superbowl party at Sasha's house! [Big Grin]

Wu

P.S. Go Raiders!!! [Joint]

Yea, Just got a Sony 50 inch, it's awesome

P.S F the RAIDERS!!!!

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sasha, which model? I just got the 50" rear projection LCD which has a pretty awesome HD picture.
Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

quote:
Originally posted by rhbdz17:
Sasha, which model? I just got the 50" rear projection LCD which has a pretty awesome HD picture.

KDF-E50AIO It rocks!!!!

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rhbdz17:

KDF-E50AIO It rocks!!!!
Yup, same one as mine. The funny thing about these big screen tvs is that you get used to them so quickly. Now 50" doesn't feel that big although the football games on HD are amazing.
Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastra
Major Player
Member # 3898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastra   Email rastra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
buy.com is selling them firefly and the movie for like 38 bucks
Posts: 198 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by rastra:
buy.com is selling them firefly and the movie for like 38 bucks

Is that $38 for both the box-set and the movie together?

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked out buy.com, and the firefly boxed set is listed as "Item unavailable from manufacturer".

So I am hoping that means that the Serenity DVD release has peaked peoples curiosity about Firefly, and people are going straight out to pick up the series to see where it all began.

Shiny.

Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links