Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Roswell - 60 Year Anniversary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roswell - 60 Year Anniversary
Fate111
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fate111   Email Fate111   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This week marks the 60th anniversary of the Roswell incident in which it was initially reported that a flying saucer/UFO crashed in the southwest desert of the U.S. near Roswell, New Mexico. A report was issued a couple of days later saying that the debris that had been identified as a UFO was actually debris from a weather balloon. This, of course, over the years had led to quite a bit of speculation on both sides - those who believe that the debris was a weather balloon and those who believe that a UFO crashed and that the entire incident was covered up by the U.S. government.

While I have seen a couple of "weird things" in the sky when I was younger, I can't say I've ever seen a UFO. However, it makes one wonder about what really transpired 60 years ago. Was it really a weather balloon? Did some intelligent life with technology light years ahead of ours crash land, only to be covered up and denied all of these years? Is there intelligent life out there beyond our solar system?

I, for one, do believe that there is definitely intelligent life out there and we have been visited. To think we are the only ones in the entire universe to have evolved to where we have is foolish thinking, in my opinion. If we ever do discover someday that we're not alone, it will be one of the biggest discoveries mankind has ever had.

Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm positive that there has to be life out there in other parts of the universe, but I doubt that it would necessarily have to be as life as we know it to survive in earthlike conditions. Nor intelligent enough or advanced in technology as to have travelled to our little speck in this galaxy.

I remember back in '90 seeing the debris from an old sattelite burning up in the night sky as it was crashing back down to earth. Believe it or not it was when I was necking with my future wife in my car before dropping her off at her place. Seeing something like that in the sky was pretty mind blowing, but when it was reported in the news that next day I felt all sorts of relief knowing that we weren't being invaded by little green men.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TopHat
Loyal Member
Member # 20810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TopHat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whats the chance of our planet to be the only one with life on it. The earth is just tiny part of the universe. Maybe there are aliens more intelligent than we are.

--------------------
Every Foot Fetish Is Unique

Posts: 57 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno about you guys, but I tend to believe that when we do eventually discover extraterrestrial life (and we will, I refuse to accept that Earth is the only planet with life), I'm thinking we'll find more insects/insectoids than intelligent life at first. I've got no doubts that there is intelligent life, its just that if 95% of all animal life on Earth is insects, then I suppose it would stand to follow the same ratios would follow in space. Either that, or we'd discover extraterrestrial plantlife. But like I said, that'll most likely be the first things we'd discover.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks alot for the history lesson there Fate111 [Thumbs Up] ... Summin' it up in a nutshell like that makes me understand it coz I've heard about it, but due to my very very very short attention span, I don't like to read long historic articles/stories hence avoidin' the reasearch...

Funny readin' this as they just played the movie "Independence Day" on T.V and seein' their interpretation of Roswell is a bit of a shocker....

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 things that the UFO (weather balloon) technology that came down in Roswell helped us to create:

Item #1

Item #2

Item #3

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom,dad,and grandfather actually worked for the company that built Item#2..that is truly an amazing aircraft.Just to be able to disguise the immense heat those supersonic engines produce on radar is WAY beyond anything WE as humans could have made.I truly believe indeed that we copied some pretty insane knowledge from another world for that.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18309 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footluvrguy
All Pro Poster
Member # 23285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footluvrguy   Email footluvrguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with you all. Many people have and are now coming out with their own personal stories regarding Roswell. Something happened there. We know that our gov't couldn't tell the truth back then. Now? It's a much different story. 60 years of cover-up does not reverse itself in a short time. I believe that we are getting very close to full disclosure.

Would it be that much of a shock to us if they did reveal the truth? Perhaps years ago. Not now.

Check this out: http://roswellproof.homestead.com/Haut.html

Posts: 771 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By golly something did happen in Rosewell! I now remember my cousin's husband's bestfriend's grandmother's sister had a miscarriage around that time. They preserved the kid in a jar to this very day for years on the fireplace mantle. Here's a picture of the cute little bugger...

-

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing technology in that F-117, B-2 and that i-pod. But why is it so hard to believe that we as humans built those things? The U.S. spends 10% of it's budget on military spending. In order to keep sensitive info away from our enemies projects are shrouded in secrecy. It's all about money and demand. The biggest technological event of this century is the use of nuclear energy. In 1942 the first nuclear reactor was built. This was 5 years prior to Roswell. The next big step for humanity is to make the fusion reaction (the nuclear reaction that powers the sun) usefull to end our energy needs. Surely if this advanced race were to stop by they'd hook us up with unlimited power, instead of an i-pod nano ;o) (I know he meant the integrated circuit). The jury is still out. Did anyone read the french's declassified UFO files? They're in french of course lol

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links