Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Flood Control

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flood Control
Dave888
Hall Of Famer
Member # 13797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave888   Email Dave888   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, first let me start by saying that I understand the purpose of flood control in a forum.

now, while I appreciate the function of flood control, I find that 60seconds between posts is much too long. I can easily post more than one meaningful post within 60 seconds...so it gets pretty frustrating. Especially when this also applies to editing a post. I make a post and notice a small error immediately that I didn't catch on my proof read so I go back into it to make a tiny correction that takes a millisecond and then I gotta wait for a whole minute to continue.

What I am proposing is just a reduction in the wait time between posts...maybe drop it to 30sec instead of a full minute.

I really feel it will make the forum more enjoyable for all to use by smoothing the posting process.

has anyone encountered the same issue? if so, what are your feelings about changing the time to 30 seconds?

Posts: 1130 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave888
Hall Of Famer
Member # 13797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave888   Email Dave888   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone?
Posts: 1130 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must be that slow coz I haven't notice... [Confused]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only had that happen once in a while. I think 60 seconds is not that big a deal because it cuts back a bit on the not too well thought out posts from the "me too" guys trying to roll up post counts.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had that happen to me time and time again, and even though you have to sit and wait sixty seconds really isn't that long, I can appreciate the security that Wu is trying to instill in his forum. How I see it is that waiting just one minute to post is fine by me, and a potential hacker is like I have to wait sixty seconds over and over and over again to post and it becomes cumbersome for them to overpost. Overall, I wouldn't change the alloted time slot between posts.

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Dave..but then again I can see the point that ledaemon makes too...the "me too" guys that would just constantly put "me too" to get up a post count. But there is a lot of times I find myself away from the forum for a few days and come back to see all that I missed and I want to contribute to the discussions but yet have to wait for a minute in between posts...guess thats why Wu put the pic section up..kill some time in between posts! [Tongue]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dave888:
Especially when this also applies to editing a post. I make a post and notice a small error immediately that I didn't catch on my proof read so I go back into it to make a tiny correction that takes a millisecond and then I gotta wait for a whole minute to continue.

My edits have always been immediate- never had to wait 60 seconds. I have encountered the 60 seconds with shorter posts, but live with it for the sake of the security of the forum.
Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links