Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Just picked up a new guitar

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just picked up a new guitar
veteater
Loyal Member
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veteater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all. As you may know, my collection of guitars expands all the time. I just picked up a used Fender Mexi Strat with a Floyd and H-S-S configuration. Model 113-4700-387. I love this thing!

I took out the single coil pickups that came stock, and popped in some old Lace Sensor Golds. Damn do these things give this guitar more life!

By the way, its Electron Blue Metallic.

Posts: 57 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my Fender too! I've been debating for a few years on whether to change the bridge PU for a humbucker, but I think that I should just keep it as is and get perhaps a Gibson SG as well for that type of sound. My Strat is Mexican as well and I picked it up a few years ago and haven't put that one down since.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veteater
Loyal Member
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veteater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, This thing is amazing. It came stock as the H-S-S configuration. I just can't stand the hum of the single coils. I put in the Lace Sensor Golds, as I had them in the house and finally found a guitar to put them in. Just restrung it with DR 12-52 Tite-Fits, and used 12, 16 and 20 Brass Plated Steels for the E, B and G. Feels great and sounds awesome. Next guitar, Rickenbacker 650 Dakota with trem. A few weeks until she arrives.
Posts: 57 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rickenbacker! [Drool]

Play some cool jangley tunes on that one for me will ya! If I were a professional musician or made tons of dough I would have a larger geetar collection. The four I have right now suit my needs well enough... at least that's what my wife says. [Cry]

--------------------

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veteater
Loyal Member
Member # 3602

The Ricky 650 is actually a warm sounding guitar. Its a solid body instrument with humbuckers which many Rick purists find to be blasphemy as they consider a Rick to be a hollow body axe with single coil pickups.

Regardless, the company is comprised of maybe 50 people at most, work 3 shifts per week, and this model is discontinued. As well, they are not building lefties anymore and the guitars take 3 years to get in! They are backordered by 3 yrs lol...There is no colour of the year for 2007 as advertised on their website.

LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

I always wondered what was going on with the Ricks. Anytime you get a catalog and look for pricing they're never listed and you've got to contact them. Really small operation makes them seem even more special now!

A guy I used to play with a few years ago bought a 70s model Rick bass used. I was in awe of it, but I don't think he really realized what he had in his hands. He was a young guy of about 20 at that time and didn't know much about music older than 15 minutes. So many great bass players played on those.

--------------------

oscarthemonkey
The Legend
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oscarthemonkey   Email oscarthemonkey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mexi Fenders are a real deal usually. I have a 2006 50's Classic Tele that I redid the electronics with 2 RS guitarworks rebuilt set, put some Gotoh Kluson tuners, a SD 52 in the neck and a Nocaster FCS in the bridge.

--------------------
Latina Feet Can't Be Beat!

Posts: 4819 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guitardrew
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guitardrew   Email guitardrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice, i used to play a fender mexi strat... i still own it after selling every guitar i have except a nylon string guitar and gibson es-137, the strat had lace sensor gold pickups in it from when i was into clapton, and i played jazz with it for a couple of years and it had a great clean warm tone! finally had to go for better though..... but im a def. advocate of fender mexis..

--------------------
I love beautiful feet. What else is new?

Posts: 1081 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot-Clan Ninja
Elite Trooper
Member # 25128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot-Clan Ninja   Email Foot-Clan Ninja   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive got an old kramer ....
Posts: 426 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashifechi
Major Player
Member # 16477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashifechi   Email ashifechi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Jackson soloist, a Heritage Goldtop (Les Paul wannabe), and a Telecaster copy. I used to have an original 76' Gibson Firebird bicentenial model, a '73 strat with EMGs and a Kahler an 84' strat (stock) and my favorite guitar that I have ever have, a Black, metalic-flake Jackson Fusion XL. Damn I wish I still had that guitar. [Cry]

--------------------
Censored

Posts: 215 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craigy boy
The King Of Feet
Member # 3340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craigy boy   Email Craigy boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got this for a song.

-
 -

--------------------
Aussies rule!
 -

Posts: 6114 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CityOfSin
Loyal Member
Member # 26095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CityOfSin   Author's Homepage   Email CityOfSin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got an old ibanez that i paid 50 bucks for oof my friend i wish i still had my jackson still  -

--------------------
 -  -

Posts: 51 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Panic
Hall Of Famer
Member # 21074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Panic   Email Panic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in the market for one. I also want to start lessons.
Posts: 1555 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had 2 strats. Nice action & comfy to play but I always thought the tone was too thin & not enough sustain. Got an Ibanez & Schecter now & what a difference those humbuckers make!

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links