Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » October is going to be sweet! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: October is going to be sweet!
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh God, K', Kyo, and Duo Lon? Talk about the ultimate cheap team. I dunno, with me, I've tended to use the characters that aren't the most popular with the elite guys. Hence, the Ikari Team, who I started using way back when in the KOF 94 days. Hardly anyone used them, they all used either Team Japan, Team Italy (Fatal Fury team), Team Mexico (Kyokugen team...especially since I grew up in a Mexican neighborhood), or Team England (the female team).

That's the one thing I wish KOF would bring back, I wish they'd have the teammates on the sidelines cheering the current fighter on and cringing when they get hit. And when they're taken out of action, they're sitting all beat up and dejected in the background. It's not the same anymore.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If any of you guys have a Wii, Art of Fighting, World Heroes and Fatal Fury are now available. I'm going to download these old 2-d fighters this weekend.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girlgotsole
Major Player
Member # 14405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girlgotsole   Email Girlgotsole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another 2D fighter fan?! And a foot fetishist? Dude. Awesome! I just got the new Guilty Gear not too long ago. Day it came out, in fact. I can't wait for KOF XI, as I've been playing it in the arcades.

Team set up: Iori, K., Kula. Go team.

Posts: 201 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Girlgotsole:
Another 2D fighter fan?! And a foot fetishist? Dude. Awesome! I just got the new Guilty Gear not too long ago. Day it came out, in fact. I can't wait for KOF XI, as I've been playing it in the arcades.

Team set up: Iori, K., Kula. Go team.

You've been playing KOF XI in the arcades?! Man, I'm jealous! We don't even have any arcades around this "hickburg" I live in anymore...and even if they did they wouldn't have something cool like a KOF game in it. I don't know...it seems like 2D fighters are steadily going the way of the 2D shooters; only a small but dedicated following will play games that actually take some skill, forethought, and patience to master.

Iori, K', and Kula huh? Damn Bro...you're playing to win! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Salvy_Mic:
That's the one thing I wish KOF would bring back, I wish they'd have the teammates on the sidelines cheering the current fighter on and cringing when they get hit. And when they're taken out of action, they're sitting all beat up and dejected in the background. It's not the same anymore.

Don't despair entirely Bro...last I heard KOF '98 is getting a remake! It's going to be the old school KOF rules with 3-on-3 elimination matches, with all the characters and goodies we loved in '98, only they're adding the Boss Team from '96 (Geese, Krauser, and Mr. Big), and another team consisting of Kasumi, Eiji, and I think Orochi...or maybe it's Goenitz...I'm not totally sure about the third person, but hey, it's '98, one of the best KOF's ever made, and we're going to get to enjoy it all over again! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by FtLckr26:
If any of you guys have a Wii, Art of Fighting, World Heroes and Fatal Fury are now available. I'm going to download these old 2-d fighters this weekend.

You're gonna have a lot of fun there Bro! [Thumbs Up]

Out of those three classic 2D fighters, do you have any that you'd consider a favorite? [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, despite not having any sort of storyline, KOF '98 was clearly the best of the old-school KOFs, before they changed developers, artwork, and added strikers to the mix. And even as far as storylines go, I still think the Rugal/Orochi storyline was the best ever, between '94 and '97. I do love that asides from the typical heroes team, the only other team that always factors into the main storyline is in fact the Ikari team.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
quote:

You're gonna have a lot of fun there Bro! [Thumbs Up]

Out of those three classic 2D fighters, do you have any that you'd consider a favorite? [Smile]

I'm a street fighter guy for life. If I had to pick out of those 3 though, it would be Fatal Fury. Hopefully, they'll bring Fatal Fury 2 to the Wii. I liked that one much better.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Salvy_Mic:
Yeah, despite not having any sort of storyline, KOF '98 was clearly the best of the old-school KOFs, before they changed developers, artwork, and added strikers to the mix. And even as far as storylines go, I still think the Rugal/Orochi storyline was the best ever, between '94 and '97. I do love that asides from the typical heroes team, the only other team that always factors into the main storyline is in fact the Ikari team.

Keep in mind Bro, that in a very technical sense, the Ikari Warriors could be considered the heroes of KOF each time out. Ralf and Clark were SNK's first popular video game characters afterall, so I think it's only right that they play an integral part in the storyline no matter which direction it goes.

Something I wanted to mention, in case you're not aware of it, is that the 3-on-3 elimination matches are still available in KOF 2003. All you have to do is select "Team Play" instead of "Arcade" at the start-up, and you're playing old school KOF once again. No Strikers, the stage cycles through time changes...it's pretty sweet. Of course the other team mates are still absent from the backgrounds, but you can still play KOF the classic way on the home version. [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
I'm a street fighter guy for life. If I had to pick out of those 3 though, it would be Fatal Fury. Hopefully, they'll bring Fatal Fury 2 to the Wii. I liked that one much better.

Hmmm...that's interesting how they're bringing out part 1 by itself. On the PS2 you can get Fatal Fury Battle Archives, and that one disk includes part 1, part 2, Special, and part 3. If you've got a PS2 you might want to look in on that. [Thumbs Up]

Personally, I'm hoping they'll bring out a bundle of the Real Bout series. The first Real Bout Fatal Fury remains one of my all-time favorite 2D fighters to this day.

Since you're a fan of that series, did you ever get to play Garou -Mark of the Wolves? Talk about a major overhaul to the Fatal Fury franchise...jeez! It was a sweet game though, and it brought in some very cool characters, especially Rock Howard, Griffon, and Butt. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links