Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Easier On The Eyes? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Easier On The Eyes?
FX
Board Regular
Member # 22011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FX   Email FX   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone else find the white letters on black background her on Wu's very hard to read for any length? I love this site but if I read for any longer than 1 minute, my eyes go completely out of whack and I get "burn in" ghosting from the lines, just like cheap plasma TV's...lol.

How about white backround with black font?

Posts: 22 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is true FX...white background with text is much easier to read than a black background with white text

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree...I find white writing on black background much easier to read. A complete white background tends to be much too bright on the long run.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Btw...depending on the browser you use...you can change font size/colour:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/changedesign.html

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so used to the black background/white text and it personally doesn't bother me

Being a graphic designer, I have learned that the best readability combination is black text and white background.

Personally the typeface we have is great, but the letter 'I' and a lower-case 'L' look the exact same - that's the only thing that bugs me about it.

quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
A complete white background tends to be much too bright on the long run.

On printed media, the white background with black text is the best choice....but on a website you're not just looking at white, you're looking at a bright light from your monitor....if we were looking at page printouts of Wu's with both black text/white background and vice versa, the white background/black text is best to read....BUT where it matters on this site, the black background/white text is NOT difficult to read (neither would white background/black text) but the current combination is the best choice for the site!
Hal your statement is absolutely valid [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't bother me at all. In fact I find it easier. I'm not a typical reader so others who are readers (as books, magazines, other forums etc...) might find it harder as they have to adjust as mainstream txt are inverted. I like it the way it is.... gives a relaxing feeling... but that's just my opinion... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't had a problem with it either. Have you visited your eye doctor lately??? [Wink]

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
never had a problem

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mommie
The Legend
Member # 18340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mommie   Author's Homepage   Email Mommie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No probs here either [Wink]

--------------------
"Though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~ William Shakespeare

-
http://instagram.com/som3thingwick3d/

Posts: 3935 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CDNFootbabes
The Legend
Member # 21192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDNFootbabes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's all good with me

--------------------
Marcus

Follow on Twitter: @CDNFootBabes
Follow on IG: @cdnftguy

Posts: 4602 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

When you're a kid your teacher is always using a blackboard with white chalk....seems like this site is following pretty much a standard...

--------------------

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The black background is great for me. I'm usually here late at night; the less light blasting from my screen, the better.
Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't really bother me too much.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Today go to Google and you'll see something that should look familar to Wu's!!

--------------------

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

FX
Board Regular
Member # 22011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FX   Email FX   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually DO like the overall look and feel of this site. The problem I get is from reading posts. after one or two posts, the lines of text give me "ghosting" or what you might call "burn in". similar to what happens here:
http://www.khou.com/images/0509/jesus_illusion.jpg

Posts: 22 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links