Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Cloverfield

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cloverfield
yeah_i_suck_toes
Loyal Member
Member # 21104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeah_i_suck_toes   Email yeah_i_suck_toes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend and I saw it this past weekend. I thought it was pretty awesome. Who else has seen it? What are everyone's thoughts?
Posts: 74 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the whole middle section of the movie was awesome. I thought the intro dragged on a little too much at the beginning. It didn't make me feel like I knew the characters anymore. And the ending was one of those new typical quick endings that leave me saying, "Huh? Is that it?" But like I said, the whole middle of the movie was nice!

Patrick

P.S. Love the avatar by the way. [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yeah_i_suck_toes
Loyal Member
Member # 21104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeah_i_suck_toes   Email yeah_i_suck_toes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the intro did kind of drag a bit. But once the crazy stuff started happening it was sweet! I understand what you're saying about how it just ends really quick. The way I see it, not much is explained because the filmmakers wanted the audience to really feel like they were there. And if you were really there, all you would really know is that something was attacking the city. I''ve also read online that there will probably be other projects relating to the movie that might explain more.

P.S. Keep up the good work with Soles of Silk! [Thumbs Up]

Posts: 74 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the compliment on Soles of Silk. So is Lauryn your favorite?

Patrick

P.S. My friend claims they might sequel Clovefield.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yeah_i_suck_toes
Loyal Member
Member # 21104

Lauryn's definitely one of my favorite. You have too many great models to pick one absolute favorite though.

I read a statement from Cloverfield's director or producer or someone like that. He said that there's a point in the movie where you see another guy in the city with a camcorder and that he thought it would be cool to make a movie showing what that other character experienced. He also said something about how there are so many people in New York City that there are many different stories that could be told that all occur during the same time frame as Cloverfield. I think it's an interesting idea, that hasn't really been used all that much in the film industry. Especially considerng how most movies coming out recently aren't very original.

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Sounds creative, but they'd have to show you something other than what we already saw or it will be like Cloverfield 1.5. LOL!

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a great story but the camera idea was friggin annoying it should have stopped after the thing had first destroyed the building.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Cain,

I didn't mind the camera for most of the movie, but I told my friends that even if they pulled back to a normal camera at times, it still would have given the same perception that you were there with them.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it was mostly because i was getting motion sickness. I heard an idea for the next movie is that that might do the same movie but in a different perspective of another new york resident. Sounds cool but not sure it would sell tickets or how good it would actually be.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links