Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Topic showing up as new

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Topic showing up as new
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footspy   Author's Homepage   Email footspy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been bugging me for a while now and I'm just wondering if it annoys anyone else. I often check in to see if anyone's replied to a thread that I've posted in and I see the that it's listed as though someone has posted but then I look and see the last poster was in fact me. Why does it do this? And does it annoy anyone else?
Posts: 1750 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may have something to do with your browser`s cache. As soon as that is cleared it shows all topics as new.
Or maybe it is just a server or forum-software glitch.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I set my browser to clear the history every time I close it down so like Hal said you might check your settings on it if that is a nuisance for you.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footspy   Author's Homepage   Email footspy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if it has to do with my browser's cache because if I don't reply to a topic, but have viewed it, it won't show up as new but if I do reply to it it does. On other forums after I've posted a reply I click on the button to bring me back to the main subsection and the thread is automatically marked as read. I do the same thing here and it shows up as new.

I don't want to set my browser to clear my history every time I close my browser though because sometimes I'll want to go back to a site but can't remember the url so I just check the history and there it is. It also makes it quicker when you don't have to type in the full url because as soon as you type in a few letters of it the rest shows up as being in the address bar already and all you have to do is click on that instead of having to type out the whole thing.

Posts: 1750 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I set mine to erase the cache so that my 11 year old doesn't stumble into something that I've been looking at on my browser.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footspy
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2112

quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:
I set mine to erase the cache so that my 11 year old doesn't stumble into something that I've been looking at on my browser.

That's a good idea then. What about if you were to create a seperate account for him on your computer so that when you're finished you can log off and he has to log into his account. Wouldn't that take care of the possibility of him stumbling onto something you've been checking out?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links