Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Music that isn't pop? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Music that isn't pop?
russ
Elite Trooper
Member # 10866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for russ   Author's Homepage   Email russ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So i've skimmed through a couple of the music threads in this section of the forum and see that most of what's posted is pop music (be it from whichever genre, it's still what you hear all over the radio.)

I'm not trying to offend anyone's musical taste here, you enjoy what you enjoy, i'm just curious if anyone around here listens to any of the stuff i've been digging lately?

Does anybody here listen to more "underground" music?

Lately i've been getting into punk and some grindcore. mostly hardcore punk, old and new.

hardcore punk: minor threat, D.R.I, bad brains, infest, ceremony, fugazi(more post-hardcore,) trash talk, negative approach, outbreak, reproach and pulling teeth.

some screamo: orchid and bucket full of teeth.

grindcore: pig destroyer(not so unknown anymore, i heard they had a vid on headbangers ball on mtv), agoraphobic nosebleed, cephalic carnage, anal cunt (what a name huh?)and combatwoundedveteran.

some stoner/sludge metal: electric wizard, neurosis and eyehategod.

So anyone enjoy any of these bands or genres of music? Feel free to make recommendations as I am pretty new to these types of music and always love finding more.

[ September 10, 2008, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: russ ]

Posts: 482 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DownUnderFeet
Loyal Member
Member # 31117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DownUnderFeet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely. Post-rock, no-wave and technical deathmetal in particular.

If you like Anal Cunt you must get Crotchduster's Big Fat Box of Shit. Funniest album I've ever heard. Pretty much a satire of all music ever. They're mostly Grindcore but change styles every 30 seconds like Mr. Bungle on meth.

Posts: 95 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not into this genre. To me it just sounds like alotta noise although interested into spanning my music boundries and probably dig these if I was on an "upper". I'm just to lazy to look for music and just like what I hear over the radio cos it's there and repetetivness sometimes turns a song I hate into somthin' I like.

I'll maybe slam down 3 straight Demons or somthin' and relisten.

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DownUnderFeet
Loyal Member
Member # 31117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DownUnderFeet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Genres like these are an acquired taste. Once I got used to it I could recognize the structures and it didn't feel random. I used to like the same rock music people have been listening to for decades until I started playing guitar and wanted more of a challenge. I binged on jazz and classical but then it branched to more experimental music styles. I must have ADHD because repetitiveness turns me off music so much, except for some minimalist stuff. You shouldn't have to force yourself to listen to something to get accustomed to it though.
Posts: 95 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´ve been listening to underground music since the early 80s...at first EBM & gothic bands, then later on mainly hardcore/punk/screamo/grindcore. In the last decade I´ve been getting more into some indie & post rock, and into electronica.
I actually ran the first screamo record label in Germany in the early 90s [Wink]

Russ, I love Infest, Orchid, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Nerosis, etc.

My all time favourites are Born Against, Rorschach, Tragedy, His Hero is Gone, ACME, Uranus, Yaphet Kotto, Dystopia. Make sure to check those bands out...most of them have very intelligent lyrics.

Some of my models are also totally into this kind of music...you may notice some of them wearing "JR Ewing" or "The Now Denial" shirts on my website [Wink]

Cheers,
-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are still a few random Myspace links to bands you might like:

The Now Denial

Disfear

Econochrist

Converge

Uranus

His Hero is Gone

Trap Them

All these bands are amazing live and totally blew me away!

Enjoy.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Second Timer
BANNED
Member # 21660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Second Timer   Author's Homepage   Email Second Timer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't care for this music either but i respect your motivation to find something "new." i had to bail on the last music thread when i saw "freebird" listed three times...

anymore i listen to bluegrass, salsa, and brazilian music on internet radio. heard everything rock n roll has to offer. heard every piece of jazz ever written. studied all the classical composers. i just can't listen to the same music over and over.

plus with internet radio there are no commercials!!

Posts: 238 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I listen to Immortal Technique, an underground Peruvian American rapper who spits some straight deep shit.

"Dance With the Devil"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M72zVuBNpEA

"Peruvian Cocaine"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrBRJVGLRPo

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah no offense but this new EMO/Punk new stuff is not for me maybe i am getting too old but as close as i will get is Second Hand Serenade and 30 Seconds to Mars...

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
russ
Elite Trooper
Member # 10866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for russ   Author's Homepage   Email russ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DownUnderFeet:
Absolutely. Post-rock, no-wave and technical deathmetal in particular.

If you like Anal Cunt you must get Crotchduster's Big Fat Box of Shit. Funniest album I've ever heard. Pretty much a satire of all music ever. They're mostly Grindcore but change styles every 30 seconds like Mr. Bungle on meth.

Thanks for the recommendation DownUnderFeet... I'll have to check that out, anal cunt's lyrics and song titles crack me up!

quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
I´ve been listening to underground music since the early 80s...at first EBM & gothic bands, then later on mainly hardcore/punk/screamo/grindcore. In the last decade I´ve been getting more into some indie & post rock, and into electronica.
I actually ran the first screamo record label in Germany in the early 90s [Wink]

Russ, I love Infest, Orchid, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Nerosis, etc.

My all time favourites are Born Against, Rorschach, Tragedy, His Hero is Gone, ACME, Uranus, Yaphet Kotto, Dystopia. Make sure to check those bands out...most of them have very intelligent lyrics.

Some of my models are also totally into this kind of music...you may notice some of them wearing "JR Ewing" or "The Now Denial" shirts on my website [Wink]

Cheers,
-Hal-

Very cool Hal! and thanks for the recommendations! I'll check these out tonight when i have a little bit more time \m/

and i've heard a little about IT, Salvy_Mic, but i haven't checked him out yet, i'll give it a listen soon!

and to second timer and cain, i understand if this music isn't your thing, and it's definitely kind of an acquired taste! but in my opinion, any music that you enjoy is good music...keep rockin guys!

Posts: 482 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
russ
Elite Trooper
Member # 10866

oh i forgot a few bands, some ska-punk type stuff...

choking victim

leftover crack (formed by some members of choking victim after their break-up)

no cash

Tiny Dave
Hall Of Famer
Member # 30771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiny Dave   Email Tiny Dave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A band I started to listen too is Artimus pyledriver.

--------------------
Oh my what huge feet you have my dear.

Posts: 1727 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been listening to underground music since the late 60's. More than half of what I listened to back then is now endlessly played on the "Classic Rock" stations: Yes & Pink Floyd come to mind; Soft Machine also comes to mind - though they never broke big, I believe they still have a following.

The stuff that I regard as truly underground now is music that never gets airplay. Perhaps it is concomitant with my age. I have to look for the musicians whom I've always regarded as gifted and seek out their CD's. I'm looking for melody, sophisticated harmony and accompaniment and I'd prefer that it swing or groove rather than have it thrash & batter.

I'll suggest "Time Out" by the David Brubeck Quartet - what an assemblage of monsters! It was their experimentation with rhythm that still strongly influences the music of today.

More current, "Gilfema" with Lionel Loueke is beautiful and creates an exotic atmosphere.

When I need 50,000 watts of joyous guitar rage, I like Joe Satriani's "Is There Love in Space?"

Okay, I'll put on my threadbare robe and tattered slippers and do the Old-Man-Shuffle, muttering my way to a bed that I hope is my own...

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, my two favorite bands are interpol my bloody valentine. so, if you wanna start there, you can

i've been really into these 2 bands as of late: American Football and Q and not U.

Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bison4me
Major Player
Member # 21530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bison4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I've been in a retro mood for the past year and half, been listening to a lot of Motown, Stax, Atlantic Soul, Doo-Woop and classic rock.
Posts: 190 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links