Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Top 100 toys and Transformers never made the top 10?.. "Come on!" (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Top 100 toys and Transformers never made the top 10?.. "Come on!"
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Under 2 major top 100's toys list, transformers didn't even make the top 10. I think that transformers should of at least made the top 10 if not the top 5.

According to VH1's list, Transformers made #36 beaten by Strawberry Shortcake @ #33 and a few others. http://www.listsofbests.com/list/2265

And under "failed Success dot com", It fizzed back to #41 beaten again by Strawberry Shortcake and Mr. Potato @ #5? http://www.failedsuccess.com/index.php?/weblog/comments/top_100_toys/

Who took these surveys [Nut Kick]

Any comments on these or how would you re-arrange the list. What are your top 5 or 10 best toys ever on your own personal list?

Hmmmmmm I might need to think about this one for a bit......

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Transformers wouldn't make my top 10 as I never owned one in my life. I would think that the list was compiled by people from diverse backgrounds and age groups.

Play-do made 11 on the list and it made me think. What kid in the world didn't have a friggen can of play-do. That stuff has been around forever too.

The Big Wheel which made the top spot on the first list was the toy I always wanted when I was a kid. I remember feeling like I was the only 1st grader in the world that didn't own one way back when and everyone I knew had one. I think TV commercials that people remember from when they were kids could influence the list a bit as the top. I was surprised on the first list that Barbie was listed as 50 and on the second list it was number 2. Was there any girl on this planet that didn't own or play with one of those things???

For my personal top 10 of toys from my childhood I'm guessing from toddler to early teen I'd put:

1. Bicycle
2. Video Games
3. D&D
4. G.I. Joe (the original full size dolls from the 1970s not action figures)
5. Star Wars figures
6. Evel Knievel action motorcycle and figure
7. Lego
8. All those hand held Mattel sports games from the late 70s to early 80s
9. Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars
10. Model tanks, planes, or cars

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Memphis_Sole
All Pro Poster
Member # 29787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memphis_Sole   Email Memphis_Sole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5. leggos

4. g.i. joes

3. barbies

2. transformers

1. my rabbit!!! [Evil Grin]

--------------------
So…. Here you are… too foreign for home…. too foreign for here…. Never enough for both……

Diaspora Blues

Posts: 791 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tk421
Loyal Member
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tk421   Author's Homepage   Email tk421   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Star Wars Force FX lightsabers

2. XBOX

3. Star Wars action figures and vehicles

4. Legos

5. G.I. Joe action figures (from the 80's)

Posts: 99 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The list is definitely very USA-based...some of that stuff never really made it over here to Europe/Germany (like GI Joe) or only came a decade later (like Transformers).

I grew up in the 70s/80s...my list would be:

1. Skateboard / BMX
2. Legos / Playmobile
3. Commodore 64 (I was a computer nerd even as a kid [Wink] ) / Computer Battleship / Nintendo handhelds / Atari
4. YoYos
5. Smurfs and later Star Wars figures
6. Some German board games and also American ones like Risk / Monopoly / Trivial Pursuit
7. Collecting stickers with albums (such as Football stickers, Marvel Superheroes, Star Wars, etc.) They left that out in both lists. Not sure if this is popular over in the US?
8. Walkie Talkies
9. Rubik`s cube (and other Rubik toys)
10. Building model aircrafts

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:

5. Smurfs

We had a million of those rubber smurf figures, and mushroom houses when we were kids. I wish I still had them.

--------------------

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:
quote:

5. Smurfs

We had a million of those rubber smurf figures, and mushroom houses when we were kids. I wish I still had them.
If I ever come over for a visit I´ll bring you some [Wink] ...you can still buy them over here...plus my daughter has a whole bunch of them.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Hmmmmmmmmmm you wouldn't happen to have a barefoot Smurfette would you? [Big Grin]

------------------------------

My top 10 list

10. Guess Who

9. Magnetix (Was in a hospital waiting room a year ago and played around with a large container full of these... fun stuff)

8. Army Men

7. Trains

6. Walkie Talkies

5. Hot Wheels

4. Lego

3. Transformers

2. Star Wars Toys (figures and Sabres)

1. Radio Control Cars

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I'm just OLD. My choices were rocks, sticks and the girl in the next cave. [Big Grin]

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hal:
[qb]
5. Smurfs

If I ever come over for a visit I´ll bring you some [Wink] ...you can still buy them over here...plus my daughter has a whole bunch of them.

-Hal-

Tell you what, dress one of your hot little models up as Smurfette and fly her over here to me rather than bothering with the little figure! I'm sure my wife would understand! [Laugh]

--------------------

LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

quote:
Originally posted by sofatater:
I guess I'm just OLD. My choices were rocks, sticks and the girl in the next cave. [Big Grin]

Oh, so Eve was already created from a bit of your rib by then... [Nut Kick] [Laugh]

--------------------

DownUnderFeet
Loyal Member
Member # 31117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DownUnderFeet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have guessed baseball or pokemon trading cards to be in those lists somewhere.

Personal List:

10. Water Guns.
9. Balloons.
8. Matchbox Cars.
7. Meccano. I loved building things.
6. Play-doh. I even remember the salty taste.
5. My penis. One of those rare toys you like even more as you get older.
4. Lego.
3. SNES. One of my mother's boyfriends got me this, though at times I thought it was more a toy for himself. It was a good coping and bonding mechansim at a time when I didn't have a father figure around.
2. Bike. Bikes almost killed me several times but at that age there is no greater freedom.
1. Connector pens. Combined both love for drawing and building.

I grew up in the 90's btw.

Posts: 95 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sofatater:

Oh, so Eve was already created from a bit of your rib by then... [Nut Kick] [Laugh]
Adam? Is it really you? [Eek!] How does it feel to have no belly button [Nana] ... kidding [Big Grin]

--------------------

FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

quote:
Originally posted by DownUnderFeet:

5. My penis. One of those rare toys you like even more as you get older.

Rare? [Hop] Ooo [Hop] I have one of those [Big Grin]

--------------------

Skorpius
Hall Of Famer
Member # 10122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skorpius   Email Skorpius   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The list is never what you'd expect because everyone grew up differently and in different times. I grew up in the 80's so my toys ranged from Transformers and GI joe to Voltron and Robotech. Yeah there have been remakes of old 80's toy lines (which I personally think is crap) but some kid today will think it's awesome. So VH1 and whatever survey they did can go stick it! It's garbage!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links