Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Quandry - What Happened to Girlswithfeet - and What Will Become Of It?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quandry - What Happened to Girlswithfeet - and What Will Become Of It?
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As is now pretty well-known, up until a few months ago I'd been out of the loop for about a year and a half - and largely inactive for about two years. This was due in part, to having battled (and recently recovered from) a very serious medical situation.

There was a long period during which I was unable to tend to routine matters and by the time of my recovery, much was gone - and ostensibly lost forever. Most notably, my beloved domain name "Girlswithfeet.com".

A few months ago, I was approached by a business entity from out-of-state and they proposed starting up the site again. They would reaquire the domain name "at any cost", have a site professionally-developed and make it a subscriber-based site - making me a "Creative VP" and awarding a very fair piece of the earnings.

What I was asked to provide in return, was a steady stream of foot models, and to do all the photography. They even staked me to a generous shooting budget and encouraged me to begin my search for girls - for the "New" Girlswithfeet.com ... and by the way, they did agree to pay these girls quite fairly.

Although I had some misgivings, the simple idea of getting my domain name back was so exciting, I plunged into the project and immediately found eight or nine great candidates to shoot for the new site. This despite the full understanding that I was to become a photographer, recruiter and essentially a figurehead for my own site.

During a subsequent meeting with the project head, they brought a pile of paperwork to sign and layed it all out. I was asked to sign over rights to all images, videos, film and depictions of all footgirls on the site before the domain name was lost - even Nizaara's published comic book and all out-takes from Stephanie's magazine covers.

This demand came with a request and offer for guaranteeing the continued parcicipation of all active footgirls, on a "per head" basis, with strongest emphasis on Liv, Malory, Kirsten, Kristin, Stephanie, Deidra, Stacy Papadooski, two of the three Ambers, Nikki, Summer, Leah and new girls Christy, Jewel and Larissa. What was offered was lucrative and fair, from a monetary standpoint.

I realized at this point, it was the girls they really wanted. That's what they really wanted, and the promise of new girls like them.

They also promulgated a schedule of "expected recruitment", stating weekly and monthly minimums of new models, and a shooting schedule with weekly and monthly minimums for submitted shoots - each / all of which would be subject to approval by people other than myself.

It was too much to take in - the legal and longlasting ramifications, most of which I was unable to objectively understand ... and the disappointment in realizing I wasn't actually "in demand" in any sort of way - but seen rather as a facilitator.

I politely declined the offer. They (considerately) offered me time to "sleep on it" and to get back with them if I changed my mind. Although displeased, there was no outward malice. They told me it was a "standing offer, but it won't stand forever".

NOW - I still have no idea whether to even start up another website or not. To what end? During the years of "glory" for Girlswithfeet.com, we never were a pay site to begin with. It was a promotional arm to our events and an extension of my social life ... some would say, a waste of time.

It has occured to me that with all the effort going into meeting and photographing footgirls, and with the strong core group we've assembled, why not launch a subscriber-based site and see where it leads? After all this time, I still haven't a clue.

[ October 28, 2008, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Ben Del Amitri ]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think i speak for alot of the members here Ben that wouls love to see you start something up with all your lovely ladies.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xdm2002
Board Regular
Member # 25585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xdm2002   Email xdm2002   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ben I say no way. Something just doesn't sound right. But I'm with footgirl u gotta go with your gut.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can sit here and say "I understand what your going through Ben" til I am blue in the face but the fact of the matter is Ben Del Amitri I have NO idea what you are going through, none at all. So therefore you will be hard pressed to find someone here on Wu's that can understand your situation.

I will however offer my advice, the cliched "do what your guy tells you to" could and might work... I mean hell...you had a legitimate site FREE that should have been a paysite by todays standards and now you have the best god damn oppurtunity to make what you have been deserved all these years, all through your trials and tribulations you have received probably little to no monetary retruibutions aside from your social life which to you could be the equivalent of money.

Now the flip side of this so to speak is that you will appear as a "sell out" to some...not many but some and that is your greatest fear...understandably so. Hell, you have contributed soooo much over the years and for free to all of us "leechers" that if you were to accept this deal and start profiting off of your work you could be seen as a sell out to your fans which you dread completely. And so does/did every "Mom and Pop" site back in the day but they ultimately had to give in to economic pressure that was pressed upon them.

To you my good man I drink a cold one in your honor and no matter what decision you come upon I support you fully. [Cheers] [Thumbs Up]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I choke as I type this but I think you need to consult an attorney and, possibly, an accountant who has a good legal background.

The company making this proposal may well be on the "up and up" but they are still going to serve themselves first; your interests are low on their list of concerns. I suppose that there are a couple of questions that you should be asking yourself: 1) What do you see yourself doing in the future? 2) Does this help you get to the future you want? (Will it be fun or hell getting there?)

Some advice from some professionals would be very helpful, I think, in making the decisions and, dare I say it, formulating a counter-proposal in which you ask for more of...well, anything that would make you feel comfortable with the deal.

You're already prepared to walk away from it; that puts you in a position of strength.

Good luck, either way.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pacfootluver
Elite Trooper
Member # 9180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pacfootluver   Author's Homepage   Email pacfootluver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like they got the money & resources to do everything but they dont have the skill you have to find the most beautiful women or the gonads to approach them. Lets face it who else couldve gotten Nizara, Joy or Jyllian to do this feet stuff? Let alone Kirsten or the goddess Malory? But it sounds like theyre above board & pretty decent, the way you describe it.
Posts: 332 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious; what have you done as regards your situation?

With about a month having passed, I thought some action might have occurred.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toetapper:
Just curious; what have you done as regards your situation?

With about a month having passed, I thought some action might have occurred.

It's been a few weeks since I've logged in here, hence the late reply. I was in Los Angeles a few days ago to resume talks with these people - they are genuine and clear as to their intent. I'm still at odds as to whether or not I should concede rights to all media, etc., and therefore not able to make a decision there. I may though, go ahead and strike up a new site of my own and with the help of Kirsten, Malory, Liv, Heather, the three Ambers, etc. it seems reasonable to think we can make it good and creditable. I'll table that until after the holiday season and then give it all a fresh view.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bootman   Email Bootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well ben, i'm no real business man as it is, and i'm a young man at that with only almost 22 years experience in life. That being said..

All rights to media including the girls comics, covers, etc... I mean all at their release and no care to the world but if they have something going... Which i know you of all people have in interest, would be devastating if they personally have an interest in pursuing. You being one of my heroes in the foot community can only make the decision and as stated before by a fllow member...

If it's hell getting there and not in your best interest and the girls best interest, i'd go with a no fuck off response. If you have the girls you do already behind you, i'd go with your idea of starting your own site. I never knew girlswithfeet was a non-pay site, i spend most of my time on this forum and spend no time on websites for feet. I enjoy the conversation and communicating with other people rather than looking at or paying for any site. Something about the comradery<< bad sp... here between all foot lovers and different interests is a big thing for me.

You are an artist, a great person, and honest. Go with your gut, talk it out with the girls and let them know what's happening foremost. If they agree, then go for it, see what kind of fan base you already have, but know the people even with genuine interest and reasons have their own money to be making and it's the sole root to what their after here. They know you've got the skill and ability and they want to capitalize on it. That's my feelings on the matter.

No matter what happens, long as you stick around here, i'll be behind ya 100% my friend.

--------------------
I've got a fetish for sexy female feet. Everybody knows. I love it.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

quote:
Originally posted by Bootman:
Well ben, i'm no real business man as it is, and i'm a young man at that with only almost 22 years experience in life. That being said..

All rights to media including the girls comics, covers, etc... I mean all at their release and no care to the world but if they have something going... Which i know you of all people have in interest, would be devastating if they personally have an interest in pursuing. You being one of my heroes in the foot community can only make the decision and as stated before by a fllow member...

If it's hell getting there and not in your best interest and the girls best interest, i'd go with a no fuck off response. If you have the girls you do already behind you, i'd go with your idea of starting your own site. I never knew girlswithfeet was a non-pay site, i spend most of my time on this forum and spend no time on websites for feet. I enjoy the conversation and communicating with other people rather than looking at or paying for any site. Something about the comradery<< bad sp... here between all foot lovers and different interests is a big thing for me.

You are an artist, a great person, and honest. Go with your gut, talk it out with the girls and let them know what's happening foremost. If they agree, then go for it, see what kind of fan base you already have, but know the people even with genuine interest and reasons have their own money to be making and it's the sole root to what their after here. They know you've got the skill and ability and they want to capitalize on it. That's my feelings on the matter.

No matter what happens, long as you stick around here, i'll be behind ya 100% my friend.

The difficult part in handing over rights to past foot-related properties would be in seeing some of that stuff pop up in other places later, and particularly, if they were to make it into some kind of high profile entity or publication. I think that would be the hardest part.

I keep meticulous records and have signed model release forms for every photograph I've taken, and a clear understanding between myself and the footgirls, that 90% of it was always intended to be between they and I ... which has been the case.

The motivation factor has been low, as far as getting up and doing something myself - in fact, it was only by Malory's prodding and encouragement that I ended up becoming a contributing member to these forums, after a long hiatus ... let alone, some kind of subscriber-based site.

The girls are full of ideas. Ideas of their own, and many of them seem to make as much sense to me as anything I've heard from this or any other outside or business entity. Thankfully, there's no time limit on this and for now, we're pretty much tabling the matter until sometime after the holidays.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bootman   Email Bootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear that, Ben. But for the idea of handing over past foot related material? I don't see how that should be part of any business talkings. And if like you said it's been between you and the girls, i'd imagine asides from what they like you to share the way you do it'd be best to keep it that way.

I see what you're talking about having a hard time if some of YOUR material ended up going somewhere big, with somebody else's name on it, so i feel your pain there.

It's all up to you, and luckily as stated you have the time to table the matter. Just don't let them push ya in a direction you don't want to.

--------------------
I've got a fetish for sexy female feet. Everybody knows. I love it.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well for the handing over of the archives it helps boost sales...if I log onto a site and I see that they not only have current vids/pics but they also have the archived stuff that goes back 5 or more years I am more inclined to join just due to the sheer magnitude of GB's of pics/vids.
At least that's what I am assuming they are wanting the archived material of Ben's...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's a tough call! essentially sounds to me as if you're the recruiter, promo-guy, and life of this project, with no say in it. and the girls will be their employee.. told what to do and how to do it and when to do it.

last time i checked, you had a great deal of social interest in this.. and you've benefitted with life long friends from this project. can you see these friends being co-workers who must do what the company tells them to do, even if they don't like it and you're the arm insisting on the work being done, after all, you're the photo guy and you're the one who must produce to quotta.

(it's too early in the morning for me to spell worth a penny)

from a monetary point of view, this can be a great deal. i just think that it will change the 'culture' of girlswithfeet and make it a more comercial entity than your extended social life (i crinch at Malory's name being in the list.... that could really change things with you and her..... or i'm just reading too much into it)

eitherway..... i can't really say what to do, i'm not in your shoes.. trying to think as if i was in yours... one cue.. your motivation level. sounds like this would be more a chore than hobby if you went with this company.. and what of your exit strategy.. what if you bore of it and want out... what are they saying about that. what if the gals want out?

again, i'm not in your shoes. i wish you the best with it though. tough call! really tough!

RPM

p.s. personally. the ideal way for me to see this through is if i could fly over to your area.. check out the vibe of what you have going.. check out their vibe of what they're offering.. then.. try to offer an opinion.. but since that isn't happening anytime soon... look at this text as an early morning wramble.. sorry

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
corporate-like funding/backing IMO is a dream come true. especially in today's foot industry where few companies/entities actually make good money.

I'd talk it over w/the girls and see what they think of the handing over of rights in exchange for good consistent pay for their foot shoots in the future.

Ben, i personally, could not ask for a better opportunity, but you have to go with your instincts at the end of the day. I know you'll carry the flag proudly either way though.

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links