Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » 45 Years?!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 45 Years?!?!
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is hard to believe that it has been so long since it happened. Today is the 45th anniversary. It reveals my age to admit that I recall it very clearly:

I was walking home from school for lunch when my mother came tearing up in her father's car to pick me up; she was in tears. I was with some friends, whom she drove to their homes before going home ourselves to tell me that the President had been shot to death. All it meant to a second-grader was that there would definitely be no school tomorrow (actually I understood some of the implications).

This was a profoundly significant day for America. I could have put this in the "Politics" area but was hoping to gather non-political impressions from the members here, not just the ones who remember the day but from those who think of November 22, 1963 in visual ideas of Black & White photos and "jerky" movies.

The assassination of J.F.K., what are your thoughts?

(At the risk of putting too many limitations, please don't share Oliver Stone's thoughts unless you are Oliver Stone)

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummmmmm who's Oliver Stone? [Confused] .... Shows what I know [Tongue]

It's definately before my time but was shocked when I saw it in a video in the early 90s The Killing Of America I think it was called. (I know the doco is much older but I saw it for the first time in the 90s)

I recently saw a spot I think from Zeightgeist (not sure which part) about odd activity minutes before the actual assassination.

I sometimes wonder what would the world be like today if he survived the ordeal or the incident didn't go-down.

I don't have much thoughts on the subject except that this incident shows that the leader of one of the most powerfull countries is a vulnerable human being and this taking place weakens the U.S moral stature. Free-for-all for other opposing whoevers to capatalize on.

Since I'm not American, I don't think my thoughts would really matter anyway [Confused]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links