Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » It's Been 28 Years Ago Today...10:04 PM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's Been 28 Years Ago Today...10:04 PM
veteater
Loyal Member
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veteater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BBC

Where were you?

Posts: 57 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, your link was not working, but I know exactly what you are referring to. The murder of John Lennon outside of his residence at the Dakota in Manhatten by Mark David Chapman.

I remember it very well as I was 12 years old at the time and The Beatles was almost exclusively all the music I listened to at the time. At that age I had a collection of 26 albums on vinyl whether it was compilations, studio releases, etc. It wasn't until the following morning when I was sitting at my little table in front of the TV eating cereal for breakfast watching the 3 Stooges that my dad brought the newspaper in from outside and tossed it down in front of me. The whole front page had the headline "Lennon Dead" and his picture of course. I about freaked out. My wish at that age of course was for The Beatles to get back together and having a chance to see them, but that pretty much closed that forever. This seemed to be in the media pretty much for years afterwards. Just a couple of days ago there was a movie on cable I watched about that murder from Chapman's point of view called "The Killing of John Lennon." Definitely worth a watch but a downer.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wasn't born but i can tell you my dad was devastated

i can't imagine a bigger beatles fan

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't impact me that much, but was a lil' startled when I heard/saw it for the first time in a doco in the early 90s.

I like some of the Beetles songs (mainly mainstream stuff). My fave song of his (solo) is (Just Like) Starting Over. War Is Over is second from the top of my christmas faves I play every year

Great Musician with a tragic end which sadly adds to the popularity of a Legend.

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't alive in 1980...but wonder what was more signifcant 10:04 P.M. or 2:26 P.M?

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont remember probably because it didnt impact me at all. i never cared for the beatles nor lennon.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bison4me
Major Player
Member # 21530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bison4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember being 5 and not understanding while watching a taped Good Morning America interview how this man could be dead. My parents explaining the footage I was watching was not "live". So using my 5 year old logic, I stated that the footage I was watching was dead and the man (Lennon) talking was also dead. My parents both hurt at the time of hearing the news, managed to chuckle. My dad then responded with something like yes, something like that.

I look over my life and as much as I love music, at lot of artists I admired have passed on, Elvis, Lennon, Nina Simone, Cobain, Aalyiah, The King of Pop, Johnny Cash, James Brown, Ray Charles, etc.. My wife is pregnant and I think about the music/crap that's out there now and wonder about what my new born musically has to look forward too. I hope JZ is right, I hope the death of auto tune is here. Then again, if all that's out there is crap, I'll always have a Lennon album to listen to, to prove to my child that there was time when people actually wrote music and sang without the use of an electronic device other than a microphone.

Posts: 190 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links