Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Guitar Hero anyone? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Guitar Hero anyone?
KDCX859
All Pro Poster
Member # 25431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KDCX859   Email KDCX859   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never thought I'd get so addicted to the tiny toy guitar, but its been official for a while now: i'm hooked. My co worker brought in 1 and 2 almost a year ago and I couldn't put it down. I now have 3, Aerosmith, and World Tour for my Wii. I've beaten one and two on expert, i'm two songs away from doing the same on three, and smoked aerosmith right away. just picked up world tour last week and are pluggin' away on expert. haven't failed yet!
who else is making their significant others guitar hero widows? lol

Posts: 769 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't realize how popular it was this christmas. I told a work buddy of mine that I was goin' to stroll into JB-Hifi and pick one up this Saturday. He laughed and said it's goin' to be one hell of a mission...... and what a hell of a mission it was. SOLD OUT everywhere..... (PS2) almost [Big Grin]

Just bought the World Tour package yesterday. The box is a lil' heavy (I mean, not right off the bat, sorta feel it on the way to the car that's parked a mile away from the store) [Thud] ...

Oh well it's all set up now and was wondering how to play with all intruments plus the mic as all plugs/sockets are in use (Extra guitar from GH3 I got last year) while playin' bass....

Still got 3 more days of work before I get my 2weeks off, from then I'll be on it 24/7. At the mo, have only put about 4hrs (or so) of play as others need to play also.....

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got it for the family for PS3 for Christmas so i will have to wait to see if i will also become addicted to it.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KDCX859
All Pro Poster
Member # 25431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KDCX859   Email KDCX859   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh don't worry you'll be addicted!! and even if you're not coordinated enough for normal play, they've incorporated a beginner mode where all you have to do is strum at the right spots and you win. Great for widening the field to get more people involved, but I prefer expert.
Oh, my local wal mart has piles of world tour stuff, was easy to get for me

Posts: 769 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bootman   Email Bootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have gh 2, 3 and world tour for my xbox360. completely addicted. Been between hard and expert so far. Shit ton of downloadable content for 2 and 3 that i have, beat world tour, need more xbox points to download some shit for it yet. Haven't tried the drums yet, they kind of piss me off seein as there's only 3 actual drums, but i like the little symbols they have goin on. Not sure when i'll get the drums. My slider guitar took a shit just recently, so haven't been playing much anymore, was gonna get it fixed through warranty, but the damn receipt went missing so i gotta find the damn guitar.

Ohterwise, still jamming on my lespaul wireless version but i miss my slide feature.

LOVE THIS GAME. Can't wait for the metallica version!

--------------------
I've got a fetish for sexy female feet. Everybody knows. I love it.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it is that time of year again and I suppose this is as good a place as any to mention this: There is no relation between Guitar Hero and actually playing the guitar! Both activities are certainly acquired skills but that is where any similarity ends.

The posters here seem to grasp that they are playing a video game so please don't think that I am taking gamers to task. As a guitar teacher, over the next few weeks I will be facing a cadre of parents who are convinced that their child is the next virtuoso based on the kid's performance with G.H.

Parents, spare your child (and some hapless guitar instructor, maybe even me) the frustration. I cannot begin to describe the differences save to say that it takes a matter of days, perhaps weeks, to become proficient at a video game; adequacy at the guitar is measured in years with infinitely more dedication.

Again, I am not belittling video games, heaven knows, I have a great deal of fun with them, too. Just wanted to point out that an aptitude for one isn't indicative of an aptitude for the other, despite the ads being run by a musical instrument chain store.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bootman   Email Bootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toetapper:
Well, it is that time of year again and I suppose this is as good a place as any to mention this: There is no relation between Guitar Hero and actually playing the guitar! Both activities are certainly acquired skills but that is where any similarity ends.

The posters here seem to grasp that they are playing a video game so please don't think that I am taking gamers to task. As a guitar teacher, over the next few weeks I will be facing a cadre of parents who are convinced that their child is the next virtuoso based on the kid's performance with G.H.

Parents, spare your child (and some hapless guitar instructor, maybe even me) the frustration. I cannot begin to describe the differences save to say that it takes a matter of days, perhaps weeks, to become proficient at a video game; adequacy at the guitar is measured in years with infinitely more dedication.

Again, I am not belittling video games, heaven knows, I have a great deal of fun with them, too. Just wanted to point out that an aptitude for one isn't indicative of an aptitude for the other, despite the ads being run by a musical instrument chain store.

Well the fact that we're all adults here i think that as you said, we've all got that well covered. My father plays guitar pretty well and has for over 30 years now. I play a little, but nothing close to what he or any of the guys in my brothers band can do (including their lead guitarist, whom also has a shop and gives lessons himself)

That said, it's hilarious to watch my dad try to play guitar hero because he actually knows how to play guitar and it just baffles him to no end that he cannot hit notes because he's restricted to 5 little buttons.

None the less, trying to keep up with just the 5 buttons is fun as hell [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 675 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

holy shit you sound exactly like my dad

he's a guitar teacher too,is that you dad?

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kani C. Eurphete
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kani C. Eurphete   Author's Homepage   Email Kani C. Eurphete   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a huge fan of Guitar Hero! But my all-time favorite is actually "ROCK BAND!" Probably because I enjoy playing percussion! [Woot]

--------------------
"I do believe they think I am some sort of god!" (C-3PO)

Posts: 2474 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

World tour added percussion! But it's only 3 drums plus 2 symbols. My bro bein a drummer and having played his set before makes it a little less interesting playing only 3 drums for a song i know they use atleast 6 for.

--------------------

Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mikey P:
[

he's a guitar teacher too,is that you dad? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Lord knows, I've sown a lot of wild oats in my time but I would doubt you're one of them. The guy who took responsibility for you seems to have been run through the same wringer as I have. Nice to know that there is a kindred disgruntled spirit out there.

I'd bet that he, like me, would love to have a tazer available to aid in his instruction...or talks with the parents.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, I think the most annoying thing about Guitar Hero is that they actually sell it at some music shops like Guitar Center.

That said here are some REAL musicians FAILING at Guitar Hero! Quite humorous.

Rush playing Tom Sawyer on Guitar Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btcvSWoQWV0

Me and my daughter have played it in the Best Buy a few times and it is fun, but it is just a game. All it amounts to is developing hand/eye coordination to push the right little colored button on the controller when a little matching colored square crosses a line on the monitor. Less complex than a game of Tetris actually.

[ December 22, 2008, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: LeDaemon ]

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:

That said here are some REAL musicians FAILING at Guitar Hero! Quite humorous.

This is absolutely true, anecdotally. I've spoken with a number of fellow guitar players (some whom I regard as world-class, if not elite) who have attempted the game and have, laughingly, discussed the absolute failures at it. My guess is that they are "thinking through the guitar" because they are in a stance of playing the guitar - their physical position puts them in a certain frame of mind.

On the other hand, I have one student of 7 years who is 13-14 years old and is a monster at the game while still having the ability to execute Bach's Bouree (Suite in E minor). He is able to distinguish between a video game and the instrument, though he confesses that it took some time to adapt.

There are certain musicians that are superior sight-readers, they simply respond to the dots located in the lines and spaces, who should be surpassing at the game...haven't spoken with them to see how they have fared in the game. I'll be interested to hear their assessment.

Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mikey P:
[

he's a guitar teacher too,is that you dad?

quote:
Lord knows, I've sown a lot of wild oats in my time but I would doubt you're one of them. The guy who took responsibility for you seems to have been run through the same wringer as I have. Nice to know that there is a kindred disgruntled spirit out there
haha yeah he says many of his new students, kids and adults immediately tell him that they mastered guitar hero

like that means they have eddie van halen type potential [Laugh]

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

This week alone, much to my boss' chagrin, I have scotched 2 guitar sales after hearing glowing reviews of a child's musical aptitude; all I had to do was ask, "Does this have anything to do with Guitar Hero?" I think I successfully avoided ranting while providing a clearer idea of what is involved in the musical/guitar learning process.

I admit that my motivation was as much selfish as altruistic: I am currently the only guitar teacher at the store and knew that I would wind-up being the one sighing through each disappointing, miserable lesson as well as being blamed for crushing the kid's virtuosity and "holding him back". After all, the kid was "shredding" in a matter of days on the game.

I'll bet your father knows the story all too well.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links