Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » 20 Reasons Why Americans are So Fat (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 20 Reasons Why Americans are So Fat
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would restaurants serve meals that have our daily caloric intake in one sitting. You can tell a meal is bad for you if it has thirteen words in its title like the Chile Smokehouse Bacon Triple-The-Cheese Big Mouth Burger with Jalapeno Ranch Dressing. Sounds tasty but your waistline won't thank you later. As you scroll down the list gets worse and worse.

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/24416/20-worst-foods-in-america-2009

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rest of the English speaking world is catching up to us pretty quick. I heard that Australia actually wears the crown now for the highest ratio of obese and overweight people in the population. Way to go Australia!!!

The things that have really changed that I noticed personally since I was a teenager to now is how slowly portions of food and drink have increased at restaurants when you eat out. Soft drinks by far are one of the biggest culprits. When I was young you used to buy a Coke in one of those shaped 10oz bottles. They originally came in 6.5oz when it was first made in the 1890s so by the 1970s portions had grown. Now try to find a bottle that isn't 20oz! In fast food restaurants the largest soft drink you could order was 20oz back in the 1980s. Now that size is a small and a large is up to 44oz... with free refills!!!

I think I've said this before too in the past. If you are eating at a restaurant and you clean your plate with the size of portions served today you are probably overeating. A good example is anything from that Chili's menu you mentioned.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find the opposite LD. Up in the Great White North, it seems fast food restuarants have decreased portions but increased prices! For example, at Wendys a junior bacon cheeseburger combo used to have a "medium" sized fries and a good hunk of beef in those buns...now I eat the meal and I'm left looking at the desert menu..of course I don't order anything more but it makes you wonder...are they purposely decreasing the portion sizes and increasing the cost of the meal to maybe get people that are left hungry after one meal to buy another? Pretty damn ingenious if you ask me...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here, sizing hasn't grown as fast these few years as in the past decade, but price sure has risen.

but, i'm not eating out like i used to either. not good for the tummy. .not good for the pocket.

i just can't stand folks who get all the junk they can afford, supersized.. and then get the largest diet drink.. and claim they're watching their figure!!!! load of crock!!! that amount of food will not be counter-balanced by any large diet drink of any kind anyway... plus... the diet drink isn't all that healthy to begin with!

RPM

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the only thing good about fat people is they make me look better

why do fat people get so much sympathy? they weren't born fat they are fat because they are lazy and don't have any will power

i hear people say it is ok to be fat, they think they are being nice but really they are saying it's ok to be unhealthy

i'm not saying we should start insulting the fatsos, although that could motivate them to change moreso than the "nice guy" saying it's ok , i'm just tired of some people putting their fatasses on a pedestal

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Fucking gold Mikey! Although I do know of people that have/claim to have medical conditions that either hamper them from exercising or add pounds on due to the symptoms.

I had to get a medical clearance today for an upcoming physical test for joining the police and I am 5'8 at 170lbs on the dot... I started going to the gym about 2 weeks ago and I went Mon-Fri took weekends off and I dropped about 8lbs!! All I did was do some running(about a mile a day,nothing major) lifted some weights for about 10 minutes if that! Cut out some unhealthy eating habits(pepsi,fast food,ordering pizza etc.) and voila! So hell...all you need to do is set concrete goals...instead of saying "I want to lose weight and get a six pack!" say "I want to lose 25lbs and be able to run 2 miles and lift all of my body weight by 6 weeks time" it is much more attainable to hit your goal, because if you just keep the original goal of getting a six pack you set your self up to fail because the results won't be immediate therefore you will more then likely give up whereas if you set a target of 2 miles you can feel yourself being able to run longer/farther each day motivating you more!

Sorry for a long winded response that is kind of off topic but I,just as you do Mikey, am getting sick and tired of overweight people being called BBW..there is nothing beautiful about being unhealthy.

Elvzz
Hall Of Famer
Member # 14178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what a lot of people may not tell you or realize is that a 6 pack is all nutition. You can ab roll all you want but those muscles will be hidden under saturated fat.

Liquid protein drinks work well to keep calories down while providing protein needed for workouts.

As far as that BMI index goes, it doesn't take into account muscle to fat ratio.

--------------------
 -
http://www.sexylongtoes.com
http://clips4sale.com/store/4445
http://images4sale.com/store/4445

Posts: 1704 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Exactly Elvzz! I just got off the phone with a trainer that I signed up for(she sounds hot too [Big Grin] ) and she will give me my BMI as well as come up with a more focused workout regime for me that I will need to become successful in becoming a police officer.
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
Exactly Elvzz! I just got off the phone with a trainer that I signed up for(she sounds hot too [Big Grin] ) and she will give me my BMI as well as come up with a more focused workout regime for me that I will need to become successful in becoming a police officer.

don't waste your money on a trainer at a gym, many don't know shit and basically watch a person workout and count reps

sounds to me like what you are doing is already working, any questions you have can be answered with a google search or you can ask me

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Well I'm training to be a police officer and the entrance physical test is an obstacle course that you have to run 6 laps of which length wise is 350 metres, part two of it is a resistance test of 70lbs I have to push and pull it and have 4 controlled falls in that station as well. Those two parts are timed and I have to get it in under 4 minutes and 45 seconds. Part 3 is a 80lb bag that I have to lift and walk 100 metres with but that isn't timed.
I have a friend who done it and he said he maintained about 25 second a lap and ended up with a time of 4:01.

What would you incorporate in your workout to best prepare for it...keeping in mind my test is next Wednesday.

Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

damn that sounds out of my league lol

google is your friend [Big Grin]

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bootman   Email Bootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
I find the opposite LD. Up in the Great White North, it seems fast food restuarants have decreased portions but increased prices! For example, at Wendys a junior bacon cheeseburger combo used to have a "medium" sized fries and a good hunk of beef in those buns...now I eat the meal and I'm left looking at the desert menu..of course I don't order anything more but it makes you wonder...are they purposely decreasing the portion sizes and increasing the cost of the meal to maybe get people that are left hungry after one meal to buy another? Pretty damn ingenious if you ask me...

Having spent most of my time as a food service employee from being a line cook in a bar kitchen, working at mcdonalds, everything from drivethrough to putting the greaseballs on buns, I've seen several different changes, even at my current job which i'll probably make a career of is working for Frito Lay. Currently i'm a processing operator in which i make the junk food they put in bags. In the past 3 years working just for this company alone, every year we remove the prices stamped on the bags as we clear shelves of last years size and price, next we resize everything, usually dropping weights of the bags, and jack the price up by a good 10-20 cents per bag. Save for the 99 cent size, which we just lower the size of the bag, keep the same price. I've watched the biggest bag of funyuns and cheetos go from being (and this isnt exact weight but just a for-instance) say about 600 grams and being 2.49 a bag, to 520 grams at 2.69 a bag, then to even lower at 480grams at 2.89 for a price tag.

Mcdonalds in the few years i worked there, we got rid of supersized fries, but kept the drink size, and what once was a medium sized fry is now the large, the small the medium, and the small size is the same as what you get in a god forsaken happy meal. All at increased price.

And i think ya hit the head on the nail when you said it probably has to do with leaving people hungry to make them order more after they're unsatisfied.

Long winded and more than one reply, working at mcdonalds always fascinated me because as was just recently noted by RPM people would order a bigmac meal, or a double quarter pounder, get it upsized and have a fucking diet soda. Why the hell not just go all the way with it you lard asses? I'm not hefty at all really, but i'll still eat like a hog at times too, but you'll never find me drinking a light beer, or a diet soda, unless the light beer has a better flavor of course. And anything diet tastes horrid to me. Blech.

--------------------
I've got a fetish for sexy female feet. Everybody knows. I love it.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Summed it up perfectly Bootman!

Great getting someone's insight that is from the "inside" [Big Grin] !

I noticed that as well that the bag of chips seem to decreasing in size but increasing in price. Bastards! [Tongue]

I'm all about the Tositos and salsa anyways [Smile]

Tiny Dave
Hall Of Famer
Member # 30771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiny Dave   Email Tiny Dave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if you work with a chainsaw all day you can eat as much as you want. 3 or 4 days of me cutting trees caused me to lose 10 pounds.

--------------------
Oh my what huge feet you have my dear.

Posts: 1727 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inertia:

A body in motion tends to stay in motion.*
A body at rest tends to stay at rest.*

*Unless acted upon by an outside force.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links