Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What famous person do you admire? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What famous person do you admire?
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 5 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just kind of curious. It can be actor, musician, scientist, activist, etc. And I'm thinking about what they do above what you would expect someone normally in that position would do.

Don't laugh, but I'm kind of keen on the loud mouth front man of the band Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickinson.

Aside from recording music with a band that's had 80 million in record sales world wide with little to no radio airplay he also has a few other credits under his belt.

taken from wikipedia:
Dickinson's interests include literature, writing (two novels to his credit no one has read including me), fencing (at which he has competed internationally, and he also founded a fencing equipment company under the brand name "Duellist", train technology and flying Boeing 757 charter jets for the UK charter airline Astraeus where he is employed as a First Officer. He was taught to fly by British Airways commercial pilot Captain Phil Dales.

In the summer of 2006, Dickinson flew about 200 UK citizens home from Lebanon during the Israel/Hezbollah conflict. On 12 February 2007, Dickinson was given permission to fly Rangers F.C. to Israel for their UEFA Cup game against Hapoel Tel Aviv. Dickinson asked if he could pilot this flight as soon as he found Astraeus had the contract for it. After the collapse of XL Airways UK in September 2008 he piloted an Iceland Express aeroplane and flew home 180 stranded holiday makers from Egypt, as well as a Boeing 757 with a group of british RAF pilots from Afghanistan. "A lot of them recognised him because they are Maiden fans, but he was there in his professional capacity as a pilot," says an RAF spokesman.

Dickinson currently presents the Friday evening "rock show" on BBC radio station 6 Music. He has recently taken the helm of BBC Radio 2 serial 'Masters of Rock'. He also presented the 5-part historical TV series about aviation; Flying Heavy Metal was shown on the Discovery Channel, which is now shown on the replacement for Discovery Wings, Discovery Turbo in the UK. He was also a guest on a Discovery Channel show where he shared his enthusiasm for trains. He was also a guest on the a tank show, where he drove a Russian T-34 tank. The most recent television programme he has presented was a show on spontaneous human combustion for Sky One called Inside Spontaneous Human Combustion with Bruce Dickinson, in which he investigates the phenomenon of this occurrence by enlisting the help of several experts and performing various experiments to determine its possible cause.

Dickinson has also turned his hand to scriptwriting, having written a film script entitled Chemical Wedding which has been made into a film starring Simon Callow. Dickinson played a few small cameo roles and has composed the soundtrack.

Bruce onstage back in '83
 -

And his "day job" as a Boeing 757 airline pilot
 -

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ WOW [Eek!] very impressive ....

I have quite a few but I guess the one that comes to mind at the mo' is Harrison Ford. Pulled off a pretty good performance in the latest Action Packed Indi flick "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" at the age of 66 years [Eek!] .... I hope I'll still have my marbles by then if I get to live that long [Big Grin] .....

BRAVO!

-

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arnold Schawzhanegger(sp) gets my pick. He is doing a lot in my opinion as governor. He is pro-green even though he was the one who took the military edition of the Hummer and modified it to civilian life [Blush]

I just watched a thing on 60 minutes I believe about him and all the work he is doing to clean up Cali and it seems like he is going at it Terminator style!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Aaron Lewis of Staind is my pick. His lyrics are very powerful and hit home to me...

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy2547
Hall Of Famer
Member # 9086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy2547   Email Randy2547   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has to be Sylvester Stallone for me the man has been in some great inspirational movies and still makeing great movies at his age
Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Itīs a great topic but I really can`t decide on only one person....I admire dozens of artists, writers, actors, philosophers, political activists, etc....all for various reasons. Too numerous to add only one person.

I was pretty amazed at how talented Bruce Dickinson is!
[Thumbs Up]

-Hal-

[ February 11, 2009, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Hal ]

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
generally its not people who are famous who i admire.

for example, if a celebrity is diagnosed with cancer, yes that is a tragedy... but no more tragic than a man or woman who manages the local deli, or an accountant or a teacher. i often find that the way the media treats the tragadies and triumphs of celeebrities, diminshes the triumphs and tragedies of everyday people.

*gets off soap box haha*

there are some famous people who have done amazing things though. Nelson Mandela. Gandhi. Bridget Jones. theyre my big three [Tongue]

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EVH & DLR had a major influence on me being a guitar player. Eddie didn't just raise the bar, he created it. Of course Dave was the perfect compliment to that sound & THE only one who could ever front that band. The attitude, the talk & the walk.

R.I.P VAN HALEN: 1978-1984

-

-

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explosivo57
Elite Trooper
Member # 14342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explosivo57   Email Explosivo57   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Les Claypool is my hero

--------------------
Yeah! like the big toe is like the captain of the toes, but sometimes the toe next to the big toe gets so
big that there's like a power struggle and the second toe assumes control of the foot.

Posts: 336 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiny Dave
Hall Of Famer
Member # 30771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiny Dave   Email Tiny Dave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck Norris. And Ricky Medlocke of Skynyrd.

--------------------
Oh my what huge feet you have my dear.

Posts: 1727 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
for example, if a celebrity is diagnosed with cancer, yes that is a tragedy... but no more tragic than a man or woman who manages the local deli, or an accountant or a teacher. i often find that the way the media treats the tragadies and triumphs of celeebrities, diminshes the triumphs and tragedies of everyday people.
oh so true, but if it a specific disease more support and awareness, i find that a positive side effect.

for me, the person i most admire would have to be carl sagan. a complete genius who could meld his artistic and scientific sides.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:
I'm just kind of curious. It can be actor, musician, scientist, activist, etc. And I'm thinking about what they do above what you would expect someone normally in that position would do.

Don't laugh, but I'm kind of keen on the loud mouth front man of the band Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickinson.

Aside from recording music with a band that's had 80 million in record sales world wide with little to no radio airplay he also has a few other credits under his belt.

taken from wikipedia:
Dickinson's interests include literature, writing (two novels to his credit no one has read including me), fencing (at which he has competed internationally, and he also founded a fencing equipment company under the brand name "Duellist", train technology and flying Boeing 757 charter jets for the UK charter airline Astraeus where he is employed as a First Officer. He was taught to fly by British Airways commercial pilot Captain Phil Dales.

In the summer of 2006, Dickinson flew about 200 UK citizens home from Lebanon during the Israel/Hezbollah conflict. On 12 February 2007, Dickinson was given permission to fly Rangers F.C. to Israel for their UEFA Cup game against Hapoel Tel Aviv. Dickinson asked if he could pilot this flight as soon as he found Astraeus had the contract for it. After the collapse of XL Airways UK in September 2008 he piloted an Iceland Express aeroplane and flew home 180 stranded holiday makers from Egypt, as well as a Boeing 757 with a group of british RAF pilots from Afghanistan. "A lot of them recognised him because they are Maiden fans, but he was there in his professional capacity as a pilot," says an RAF spokesman.

Dickinson currently presents the Friday evening "rock show" on BBC radio station 6 Music. He has recently taken the helm of BBC Radio 2 serial 'Masters of Rock'. He also presented the 5-part historical TV series about aviation; Flying Heavy Metal was shown on the Discovery Channel, which is now shown on the replacement for Discovery Wings, Discovery Turbo in the UK. He was also a guest on a Discovery Channel show where he shared his enthusiasm for trains. He was also a guest on the a tank show, where he drove a Russian T-34 tank. The most recent television programme he has presented was a show on spontaneous human combustion for Sky One called Inside Spontaneous Human Combustion with Bruce Dickinson, in which he investigates the phenomenon of this occurrence by enlisting the help of several experts and performing various experiments to determine its possible cause.

Dickinson has also turned his hand to scriptwriting, having written a film script entitled Chemical Wedding which has been made into a film starring Simon Callow. Dickinson played a few small cameo roles and has composed the soundtrack.

Bruce onstage back in '83
 -

And his "day job" as a Boeing 757 airline pilot
 -

They just had an iterview with him on a t.v current affairs show about 5mins ago. They're in New Zealand at the mo'. I wouldn't of bothered to listen to the interview but since you've put him in a great light here, I didn't switch channels. He's a pretty cool cat [Cool] . I've never really gotten into them but might start listening now.....

Too bad that both their NZ concerts are sold out, would of been interesting to go [Smile]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have a jet that Bruce flies to all their tour stops with the equipment. You might see this landing in New Zealand...
 -

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Panic
Hall Of Famer
Member # 21074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Panic   Email Panic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too many to list all, but I will say I admire Michael Houser. He was one of the founding members of Widespread Panic. I absolutely am in awe of his guitar playing and song writing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydWSZ0cLU_Y&eurl=http://panic2go.com/index.htm

Posts: 1555 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eliza Durden
Hall Of Famer
Member # 22995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eliza Durden   Author's Homepage   Email Eliza Durden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Panic:
Too many to list all, but I will say I admire Michael Houser. He was one of the founding members of Widespread Panic. I absolutely am in awe of his guitar playing and song writing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydWSZ0cLU_Y&eurl=http://panic2go.com/index.htm

They come to RedRocks ALL the time in the summer.
Posts: 1549 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links