Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » How are you doing in the current state of the economy? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How are you doing in the current state of the economy?
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 5 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just wondering how things are going for the folks at Wu's.

Well, I'm employed though there has been tons of layoffs in my company especially in the corporate offices rather than where I work in the retail area. However, there have been lots of those stores closing as well. People I've known for years that I've reached out to for support in my business are gone. Example I had submitted 10 questionnaires from some of my employees to the Assets Protection Auditor after we had a substantial amount of cash turn up missing. A few days later all the Asset Protection people were laid off and now the investigation is pretty much out the door.

Business has slowed down too, but not so bad where I live in Texas, but I can see it getting a lot worse soon.

My IRA has lost half of the money that it was worth just 6 months ago. And the company I work for is now no longer making contributions to its employee's 401k.

Glad I bought a house years ago within my budget rather than a McMansion. My mortgage payment is less than rent for a small apartment. If bad times really fall I will at least be able to continue to afford the roof over my head.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been laid off since early November but then again I was in a seasonal job which starts back up in early May. It could be worse though as I could have no anticipated start date...I only rent but those payments are 610$ a month which is expensive as it is when your on a fixed income.

I am half way through the process to become a police officer, the most stable job in the world due to the fact that as long as there is people there will always be crime and people will always need police to protect them. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luckily I work in a field that will always have work. And my pay is steady and good benefits.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much happin' at this point except they've cut down on O.T at work. I have been preparin' for this since September last year spendin' about $30-40 a week as a worse case scenario thing... Non perishable foods, paracetamols, torches, gas cooker..etc.... In case things like this happen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJCdafJHKJE&feature=channel_page

quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:

If bad times really fall I will at least be able to continue to afford the roof over my head.

Since your a Texan, you should already have a 45 to protect it from crazy outsiders, border fence jumpers, gangs [Thud] .... I'm sorry, gettin' a lil' ahead of myself there...

Anyways I just hope it never comes to that [Fingers Crossed]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering I was poor before recession, I'm actually doing the same as I've been doing the last few years. I've gotten a slight pay increase, although my rent's gone up a little. But honestly, I'm not doing too bad. Considering though that I'm a young single male, I really don't have that much to worry about yet. At any rate, I do have a union job, so I'm grateful for that fact.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope everyone will still buy memberships to Foot sites to keep us fellow webmasters alive! [Big Grin]

I guess no matter what the economy, there's always a demand for feet huh?

Footlongsubzero: good for you! Thanks for mentioning that stuff..I've been meaning to do the same to some degree in case.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18305 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, i guess. got a job, living with my stepdad. all i pay is $100 to help with rent and the comcast bill ($80)
Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thundercracker
All Pro Poster
Member # 7778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thundercracker   Email Thundercracker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope all are maintaining for now at least. [Smile] Myself, I guess my job is stable for now though I see pooling resources with friends as far as rent, food etc if things really worsen.
Posts: 656 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still looking for work. I was approved for an extension of unemployment benefits back in December (I got notified on Christmas eve) and just yesterday I got my first check!! So, with that I got my power and internet access turned on again. (they got turned off back about Thanksgiving) I've been living like a "homeless person" (even though I own my house. I paid it off ten years ago.) I've been cooking in my back yard on my grill, heating water for bathing and making coffee using a turkey fryer propane set up. I've used up all of my savings and sold off a lot of unneeded items. But, still it could have been much worse. I'm thankful for what I have. Ive learned to do much more with much less, and caught up on a lot of reading. (tv requires electricity) I still found myself flipping light switches on when I entered a dark room though. [Tongue]

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elvzz
Hall Of Famer
Member # 14178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was not doing well for a minute, but launched my own practice and stealing markeshare from the big boys. Not ff related. Altho. I get more model for my money now since they are all hurting. California has a $10,000 refundable tax credit for buying new homes to keep the builders happy. That is 900 a month in credits to offset the mortgage payment. Buy somethin' people. No one will be giving stuff away again.

--------------------
 -
http://www.sexylongtoes.com
http://clips4sale.com/store/4445
http://images4sale.com/store/4445

Posts: 1704 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently, I am the optimist that fell off the top of the Empire State Building; the people on each floor he passed heard him saying, "So far, so good."
Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sofatater:
I've been living like a "homeless person" (even though I own my house. I paid it off ten years ago.) I've been cooking in my back yard on my grill, heating water for bathing and making coffee using a turkey fryer propane set up. I've used up all of my savings and sold off a lot of unneeded items. But, still it could have been much worse. I'm thankful for what I have. Ive learned to do much more with much less, and caught up on a lot of reading. (tv requires electricity) I still found myself flipping light switches on when I entered a dark room though. [Tongue]

I envy you brah, MUCH RESPECT [Hump]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still have my head above water and am damn grateful for the job I have which doesn't seem to be under threat for the time being.

The day gig has only been part of my income, though. I supplement it with playing in a band and the last one called it quits at New Year which means I've lost between a third and a half of my income. Starting to rehearse with another but it's going to be a while before this begins to generate anything significant.

Sofatater, I genuinely understand your situation. I spent a few years in the 90's during which my annual income was around $3,000 ("Are you sure you don't need your yard raked? I can do it right after I finish your son's guitar lesson"). I look back at what I did and, for the life of me, can't figure out how I did it. I too, was fortunate that the house was paid-off.

Wishing you good fortune soon.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robotron2084   Email Robotron2084   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in the military so it's a bit different for me than it is for some. That said I'm doing all right and I have everything I need. I've postponed (not canceled) a few big purchases until I feel I'm in a better position to make the move. We all need patience during this "famine" and before we know it things will come around. [Smile]

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fby1k

Posts: 2788 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my city hasnt really felt anything yet as we just came out of our MAJOR tourism months (january to march is huge in my city as we have a lot of festivals/car races/international events) but the last festival ends tomorrow and newsreaders have been telling us the honeymoon period is over.

im in education tho so im not too worried.

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links