Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Over 30? You Gotta Read This! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Over 30? You Gotta Read This!
Thundercracker
All Pro Poster
Member # 7778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thundercracker   Email Thundercracker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw this online and just had to share!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears
With their tedious diatribes about how hard things
were. When they were growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school every morning. Uphill... Barefoot... BOTH ways

Yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up,
There was no way in hell I was going to lay
A bunch of crap like that on kids about how hard I had it
And how easy they've got it!

But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of
Thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the
youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my
Childhood, you live in a d**n Utopia!

And I hate to say it but you kids today you
Don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The
Internet. If wewanted to know something,

We had to go to the d**n library and
Look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write
Somebody a letter, with a pen!

Then you had to walk all the way across the street and
put it in the mailbox and it would take like a week to get there!

There were no MP3' s or Napsters! You wanted to
Steal music, you had to hitchhike to the d**n record
store and shoplift it yourself!

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and
the DJ'd usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up!

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting ! If
you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a
busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!
When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It
could be your school, Your mom, your boss, your Bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you Just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video
Games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the
Atari 2600 ! With games Like ' Space Invaders ' and
'asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You
Actually had to use your I mag ination!! And there were
no multiple levels or Screens, it was just one screen
Forever!

And you could never win. The game just kept getting
Harder and harder and Faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a Little book called a TV Guide to find out what
was On! You were screwed when it Came to channel surfing!
You had to get off Your ass and walk over to the TV to change the Channel and there was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning . Do you Hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK For cartoons, you spoiled Little rat-bastards!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat
Something up we had to use the stove ... Imagine that

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids
Today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980!

Regards,
The over 30 Crowd

Posts: 656 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is the word "damn" censored? Is that also still from the 80s? [Laugh]

quote:
We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video
Games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the
Atari 2600 ! With games Like ' Space Invaders ' and
'asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You
Actually had to use your I mag ination!! And there were
no multiple levels or Screens, it was just one screen
Forever!

And you could never win. The game just kept getting
Harder and harder and Faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

So true...but I loved Atari.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robotron2084   Email Robotron2084   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thundercracker I've had this conversation more than I wish to count. And like you and Hal mentioned games today (like toys) are lacking in playbility.

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fby1k

Posts: 2788 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone sent me this in an e-mail a little while back too.

My favorite thing to talk about to the 20 somethings I work with are computers and games. They are in shock to hear that we actually had personal computers with modems that you would call into BBS boards back in the 1980s. The fact that you had to take the receiver off the hook and put it on the modem was the best thing for them to ponder.
 -

I can remember my mom working on a word processor in her home office using 8" floppy drives to store information kind of like this...

-

I just remember using the 5 1/2" floppies on my Apple 2e.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, yeah...I remember 8" disks. My dad had those and even still IBM punch cards.

And those "acoustic coupler"-modems were cool...although I could never afford one in the 80s.

-Hal-

--------------------

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha This an awesome post it is so true but i am rolling on the floor laughing at the same time...

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol... Just seems to get easier with each generation.... Wonder where it will go from here? Check out this vid if you hadn't already seen it... It's the intro to the Movie "Idiocracy" ..
http://www.livevideo.com.com/media/playvideo_fs.aspx

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie by Mike Judge. Very underrated compared to "Office Space."

I never had a modem for my computer back then, but my best friend did and was always on BBS boards chatting with hackers and pirating software of that time as a teenager. Also brings back memories of my old monochrome monitor which I used until I bought the Commodore color monitor for my Apple in the mid 80s.

Jeeze, a little search found exactly what my first system looked like...

-

This is the system we used back in my high school computer literacy class. TRS 80 anyone?
 -

--------------------

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

^ Over here in Germany I´ve seen people selling TRS-80 software on Ebay for loads of money....old Infocom text-adventures and stuff...for 200 Euros and more.

-Hal-

--------------------

Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im not saying kids today arent spoilt, coz the majority are... but being of generation y myself all i can say is - you raised us!
Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

^ I guess we (= people over 30) were already spoiled compared to our parents. My parents were both born during WW II (in Germany) and were basically raised in a bombed out country with nothing to eat. Their childhood years were definitely much harder than my comfortable years in the 1970s/80s.

-Hal-

--------------------

Memphis_Sole
All Pro Poster
Member # 29787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memphis_Sole   Email Memphis_Sole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i LOVED my atari! also i am convinced that i would never have survived were i born in a earlier time. lol

i remember setting the alarm clock so we could get up on saturday to watch our weekly cartoons.

--------------------
So…. Here you are… too foreign for home…. too foreign for here…. Never enough for both……

Diaspora Blues

Posts: 791 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
^ I guess we (= people over 30) were already spoiled compared to our parents. My parents were both born during WW II (in Germany) and were basically raised in a bombed out country with nothing to eat. Their childhood years were definitely much harder than my comfortable years in the 1970s/80s.

-Hal-

You're English?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Dude, Hal's a kraut! [Laugh]

--------------------

LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Hey, Louis CK tells it like it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGYx35ypus

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links