Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Ipod to Zune to Ipod and Back to Zune (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ipod to Zune to Ipod and Back to Zune
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In it's earliest days, I was one of the quick downloaders of Itunes (first on my Mac, then later on my PC). I absolutely detest the idea of protected (DRM) music, but my love for a great interface is a weakness and therefore I loved having Itunes, despite it's DRM arrogance. Apple was (very recently) the last entity to finally relinquish the DRM stranglehold ... after having been dragged kicking and screaming out of that arena by major labels and excellent competition (thank you Amazon!!!).

Although overpriced, I also enjoyed my Ipods, and being a gadget junkie, was always one of the first to snap up each new iteration. Because of all the money invested in product, I conveniently ignored the fact that my (less expensive) Sony NWA-A815 and Toshiba Gigabeat players actually sounded better. I just preferred not to think about it, and I still loved that beautiful Itunes interface on my PC and Macs.

I'm also an accessory fanatic, and nowhere is this more entertaining (and vast) than in the world of Ipods. Accessory Heaven.

When the second-generation Zunes came out, I snapped up a small (8-gig pink) one for Paisley and a BEAUTIFUL, 80-gig version for myself. It was a thing of beauty, the finish looked like ultra-gloss piano laquer. The Zune software interface was also great and I was running both it and Itunes on my PCs (but just Itunes on my Mac). The wireless sync with my PC was also something I loved.

Then came the Ipod Touch concerns. I couldn't stop thinking about it because I'm also an Apps freak, and loved the idea of being able to expand through new Apps and surf in coffee shops through Wifi; so I layed down the money for a Touch, despite already owning an Iphone (which is pretty much an Ipod Touch with a phone), AND a Sony Mylo Internet Pad (which is a great, portable internet connection tool).

Then the Zune Pass brought me back to Zune. $15 per month for unlimited music from an exhaustive, massive music repostitory, and good for one or two of my home PCs and a laptop to boot. Unlike subscription services such as Rhapsody & Napster, you get to keep Ten songs per month; so even if you were just purchasing ten songs per month, that comes to a dollar-fifty per song (fifty cents more than a digital download without the exhaustive library access). Fantastic, and very fair.

Another way to look at that is Ten Songs per month at a dollar each, and Five Dollars for access to the unlimited music archive to take with you on your portable (Zune) player. Fantastic.

Back to my fanatacism for accessorizing - and the Custom Zune opportunities. I went ahead and made the plunge for the Third Generation, 120-Gig Zune; special order, with custom artwork by Catalina Estrada and personalized inscription.

-

I'll probably end up giving my Touch to Kirsten (who's own Ipod was recently stolen). Most of it's benefits I already enjoy on my Iphone, and I actually like my Sony Mylo quite a bit more, as far as quick internet surfing, video quality, etc. I just hope they don't invent anything new too soon, or revamp their interface again or I'll probably end up taking that bait as well.

[ March 18, 2009, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Ben Del Amitri ]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been loyal to Apple. I tried the iPod Touch but the battery lasted maybe 8 hrs so I exchanged it for a 80 gig classic. I do a lot of downloading as well from Amazon because it's cheaper.

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mommie
The Legend
Member # 18340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mommie   Author's Homepage   Email Mommie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Zune Ben! I love the personalization on yours!!

--------------------
"Though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~ William Shakespeare

-
http://instagram.com/som3thingwick3d/

Posts: 3935 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diamond johny:
I've always been loyal to Apple. I tried the iPod Touch but the battery lasted maybe 8 hrs so I exchanged it for a 80 gig classic. I do a lot of downloading as well from Amazon because it's cheaper.

You're right about that battery life, if you own one of these, you need to have a car charger / adapter in the glove box, and also to take advantage of coffee shop time by keeping it plugged into the laptop while there.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

quote:
Originally posted by MommiesFeet:
Nice Zune Ben! I love the personalization on yours!!

I really love that as well, and it's perfect for accessory fanatics. If I ever lose it or leave it somewhere, somebody's going to get a nice laugh out of the "return to owner" part of it.

[ March 17, 2009, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Ben Del Amitri ]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as much as i've called myself a gadget man, the belt tightening i've lived through has put that world to a deep freeze.

because of my pictures, i got the iTouch. it's the first major break from my old (then) killer PC surround sound and my new-ish t.v. surround sound.

so, now i don't use my phone (centro) for music anymore and pics anymore.. it's the iTouch.

can't afford to get carried away like I like..but, i won't complain.

Ben, you are truely a master gadget man as well as photog!

RPM

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatpat
Elite Trooper
Member # 4256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE Zune. I purchased it when I first came out due to my bad experiences with iPods. Aside from the Zune2k9 problem a few months ago, I have never had a problem with mine.

I have it hooked through my home stereo system and I enjoy being able to change songs and view album covers on my HDTV.

I tell everyone to guy buy a Zune instead of an iPod

Posts: 296 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ipod all the way [Big Grin]
Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

quote:
Originally posted by fatpat:
I LOVE Zune. I purchased it when I first came out due to my bad experiences with iPods. Aside from the Zune2k9 problem a few months ago, I have never had a problem with mine.

I have it hooked through my home stereo system and I enjoy being able to change songs and view album covers on my HDTV.

I tell everyone to guy buy a Zune instead of an iPod

One of the things I like about my Zune(s) as opposed to my Ipod(s), is the ability to quickly sync with my library through wifi, and particularly, to snatch a quick download / purchase from an FM listening source. It's Brilliant! When I hear a song on the built-in FM tuner that I really like and wish to buy, I tag it and (as part of my Zune Pass), it's mine; either through immediate download if I'm within wifi range, or saved on que for me to automatically load, the next time I connect. This little feature is one one of my favorites, because it allows me to quickly capture some (great) song, the origin or title of which I don't even know.

Another major benefit I've seen is being able to incorporate non-Zune originated content into the player. It's fast, easy, and there is no systematic effort to punish me for having done so.

My first generation experience with Zune was about the same as my first generation experience with Ipod, but I felt I had overspent a bit for product. This has never been the case with subsequent versions, they keep getting better.

There are some things the Touch provides that I can't really live without. Primarily, the Apps store and wifi surfing connectivity. Someday somebody will invent a great platform that incorporates the best of both (all) worlds. Perhaps Archos already has.

[ March 17, 2009, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Ben Del Amitri ]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ben, thanks for the enlightenment... I may one day splurge and get me a Zune. cool

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

quote:
Originally posted by RPM:
Ben, thanks for the enlightenment... I may one day splurge and get me a Zune. cool

It will be worth the money. The saving grace of being a techno-junkie is the state of technology itself; it is very difficult to go wrong, because technology prevents that. Things have gotten so good that nearly any choice we make will still end up being a rewarding one.

It's like when you get $700 to go buy a new entry-level DSLR camera. You've got friends (and others) saying "Get a Canon, they're the best" or "Nikon's the king of Digital Cameras, you've got to buy one". You'll have a guy who's brother just bought a Sony A350 and he swears it's the best camera ever made.

The simple fact is, you can buy any of those, or one from Pentax or Panasonic. No matter which one you decide on, it's going to be great and you will have an excellent camera. The state of technology sees to that. All the rest is left to our personal preferences and idiosyncracies.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

temp1234
Major Player
Member # 33411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for temp1234   Email temp1234   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could never go back to anything less than the iPod Touch. The only thing it lacks is capacity. iPod 160gb for the road, Touch for everything else [Smile]
Posts: 230 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetiesandtoes
Hall Of Famer
Member # 32674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetiesandtoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the only thing i take exception with ben is your saying that ipods are "overpriced." i believe they're totally underpriced. if you would've told me ten years ago that i could carry my entire music catalog in something the size of a wallet (with earbuds) i'd have plunked down $500.00 easily. maybe more. the invention is completely genius. i've gotten so much enjoyment out of my ipod shuffle and my iphone that $49.00 and $199.00 for these miraculous gadgets just seems very inexpensive. at least to me.

great thread bye the way

--------------------
Always hopeful for a pretty pair of feet in my face

Posts: 1955 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetiesandtoes
Hall Of Famer
Member # 32674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetiesandtoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, and is there a chance the new iphone software update (3.0) will have wifi syncing and the ability to download songs via wifi? i'm able to download podcasts (wifi) but we need tunes baby!!

--------------------
Always hopeful for a pretty pair of feet in my face

Posts: 1955 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

quote:
Originally posted by footgirl0226:
I LOVE MY ZUNE!

My son, husband and I all have Zunes and for 15 bucks a month -we get unlimited downloads each month. 15 total, not each person.

Cant beat it.

My 7 yr old is getting her Zune in her Easter Basket since she keeps taking mine.

That's one of the primary benefits I'm enjoying, the $15 unlimited subscription. I'm also loving the Mixview access in the interface, and being able to connect and quickly sync or purchase songs while at McDonalds is kind of a crackup ... funny, but fun.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links