Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Dying from a disease. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dying from a disease.
the_foot_fetishist
Loyal Member
Member # 30029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_foot_fetishist   Email the_foot_fetishist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know you will die of an incurable disease withing three months. Would you allow yourself to be frozen within the week if you knew it would give you a modest chance of being revived in 1,000 years and living a greatly extended life?
Posts: 60 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No thanks.

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I would. Where do I sign the contract? I'm ready to die yet.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elvzz
Hall Of Famer
Member # 14178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No

--------------------
 -
http://www.sexylongtoes.com
http://clips4sale.com/store/4445
http://images4sale.com/store/4445

Posts: 1704 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merc50
Board Regular
Member # 14576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merc50         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELL NO. I would do all the dumb shit I have always wanted to do. While I was doing these things, I would be yelling to the Grim Reaper, "Come and get you son of a bitch".
Posts: 41 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libertine
Loyal Member
Member # 35475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Libertine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why within the week?
If I was able to live normally for 3 months I wouldn't, if I was going to be bedridden and deteriorate until I died then sure, why not?

Posts: 64 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
like futurama? not ony would people looks completly different, but i wouldnt be able to understand the vernacular. it would be like sheep in the big city. i dont think so if its for 1000 years, maybe 10.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Five For Feet
All Pro Poster
Member # 33596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five For Feet   Email Five For Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to far out to get a read on the quality of that "greatly extended" life 1000 years from now. I'll take my chances with the next three months then call it a life.

--------------------
FFF

Posts: 885 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would opt out on the CRYO thing. Since this condition is brought on by a disease, you would eventually be bedridden (near the end at least). So, I'd live my remaining active days just wide open, balls out!! No rules! Anything goes. Whatta they gonna do lock me up?? (O.K., so you save the really crazy shit for later) [Cheers] [Joint]

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope. Just to wake up and realize all my friends and family are dead? No thanks.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No...I would agree that without family and friends...who would want to start all over and miss what time they had left with their family.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cain:
who would want to start all over and miss what time they had left with their family.

I would.

If I know I'm dying anytime within the next three months, that means that I can die as early as tomorrow. 24 hours is not enough time to live out everything you ever wanted to do in life. Three months allows for more activities to take place, but in the back of your mind, you know that you will die any day now. I mean, we will all die but it is better if we not know when that will happen. That thought will dominate your way of thinking regardless of what you do. It will not be fun. I want to do all the fun things without having to think about death constantly.

I'll tell friends and family that I'm going into the future by freezing myself and they will say their goodbyes, crying and all.

Living life not *knowing* that you will die in a couple of days makes every activity pain and stress free.

I'll wake up and thank the doctors for saving my life. Everyone dreads the idea of being told that you have three months to live. Why not take advantage of the methods available and live in the updated lifestyle?

I think what's making people stay away from this procedure is that 1,000 years a very, very, very long time from now. They are not that patient. I think if option was that you would be frozen for seven years, people would it a second thought and agree to it.

I'm taking no chances. I'm not ready to die yet.

--National

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming that cryogenics can be successful (and there is no genuine evidence of which I'm aware to support it), what makes you think that they would want to have you? You would burden their medical system, you would have to be educated (to catch you up - if Excell is difficult to manage, how will you even remotely relate to a "user friendly" interface of the future? - your language is 1,000 years out of date, how will you communicate?).

What purpose would it serve for them to revive you and heal you? I'm no Science Fiction writer but it doesn't take much thought to guess that future generations won't need a fossil to bounce babies on his knee. You would, at best, be an exhibit at some sort of museum. More likely, having invested this much effort and skill, they need some kind of labor from you that only a human (one about which they don't give a rat's ass) can do.

Just a thought.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links